“Small Jap Bar”

Kumo Kaseki
Ranked #4 180 of 12 502 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 22 August 2015 via mobile

Forgot how i found this place two years ago when hubby n u went for a staycation at M Hotel. They serve small bites n they r good to have with Sake or Jap Whisky.
Staff is knowledgeable about the various types of sake they have to offer and gave us a brief introduction to choosing sake.
We tried different drinks. Hubby love their Suntory Whisky with soda and a wedge of lemon. Can't remember the exact name of this mix on the menu.
You can find Japanese customers have a drink or two after work on weekdays.

Reviewed 19 September 2014 via mobile

I chose this restaurant for my birthday dinner. My husband & I had the omakase while we chose the set menu for our daughter. The food was good for each & every dish of the omakase set. Even my daughter's set menu was so good. Definitely will come back again though the price is not cheap.
Service was excellent.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

I've been here a few times for dinner. Great sushi! Apart from that, I just tried KUMO's bar specializing in Japanese sake and bites, located just a few doors nearby. During lunch time, they serve this amazing melt-in-your-mouth Gyudon (beef bowl) for S$9 only!

1  Thank chanaplum
Reviewed 18 February 2014

High standard of service and food quality, coupled with a relaxed and relatively quiet atmosphere. The cooked food were delicious, raw fish were fresh, and the servings given filled me up well. Maybe on the extravagant side for a regular meal, but it will make a good choice for meals with clients and business partners.

Reviewed 9 November 2012

This is an amazing place and the second time I go there. Its not a low cost experience but in my mind, it's worth every dollar. The menu is composed of 3 set menus starting at approx 100$. You will get 7 or 8 dishes one after the other along with fantastic service and a detailed explanation of each dish as it is served. Each dish is a great experience with high quality ingredients.
I highly recommend this restaurant if you enjoy a quiet atmosphere, great quality food and aren't afraid too spend a little money.