“3 NOSHtrekker experiences. All excellent.”
Review of NOSHtrekker

NOSHtrekker
Ranked #20 of 84 Food & Drink in Singapore
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: NOSHtrekker designs food experiences that provide travellers and locals with an authentic taste of a place. We curate food and beverage moments for the well-travelled who are seeking quality, novel, cultural experiences. Founded in 2015, NOSHtrekker is currently operational in Singapore, Brunei and Australia. Our offering is centred around Signature, Culinary PRO and Pop-Up events, and all our experiences focus on one of the following areas of interest: heritage, culture, arts and wellness.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 17 October 2017

I travel to Singapore about once a year and each time I like to do something different. NOSHtrekker gave me what I was looking for to enhance my love of food and local culture. I booked online and upgraded to a digital story telling package because I wanted to know more about each host before I met them. I attended three very different but equally interesting experiences. Gastro Geography of Singapore, Claypot Curries and Vintage Culinary Treasures. The food for each was beautifully presented and prepared by each host. I tasted things I had never eaten before which I loved. The hosts were generous, well educated and it felt like a passion rather than a pursuit for money.

Noshtrekker, Experience Designer at NOSHtrekker, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Thank you for your review and photographs - its appreciated. We are delighted you had a 3 host fill of NOSHtrekker and if you are visiting Singapore in 2018 please remember we always have new vetted and mystery-shopped locals serving up Singapore food and stories.

All reviews
"interesting stories"
in 5 reviews
"highly recommend this experience"
"masala"
"peranakan"
"malaysia"
"art"

Reviewed 15 October 2017

We had no idea where we were going as this was a surprise picked by our son when we visited him in Singapore. Instead of a restaurant, we were taken to a wonderful house with superb Asian furnishings and artefacts everywhere and wonderful garden. Our hostess was charming and we discovered similar Sri Lankan backgrounds so there was much to talk about. The food was of excellent quality, with drinks, canapes, followed by three delicious courses, which we battled to finish. Altogether a wonderful evening of local culture and wonderful hosts who made it special.

Noshtrekker, Experience Designer at NOSHtrekker, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Fabulous review for the #PlantationTable - its fun when a surprise dinner takes place outside the limitations of a restaurant and you can be fully immersed in the local Singapore culture. Thank you for your kind words, we will pass your review to the host.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

For all of your foodies out there or those that want a local experience beyond the hawker stands this should be on your to list list. We selected The Plantation Table experience as a team activity for 16. Wonderful location in a house built 50+ years ago on the edge of the jungle. A superb host Indra who has a love for food & a wonderful knowledge of the history of Ceylon (Sri Lanka). We dined under the eaves but i believe they offer dining in the AC for those that prefer. We enjoyed a superb 9 course menu with wonderful Ceylonese delights.

1  Thank KiwiNZExplorer
Noshtrekker, Experience Designer at NOSHtrekker, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Thank you for your feedback - we have passed on your feedback to the host of Plantation Table. She is one of our Signature hosts and we are delighted to know we have given you a peak between the shutters, into the real Singapore.

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

It was my first NOSHtrekker event and I'm hooked! It is an opportunity for us to enjoy a specially curated in-home dining experience. The event I attended was Grandma's Recipes in which Christal Sih the author of the book shared with us her inspirations for it. Next we got to taste some of the dishes based on recipes from the book. They were lovingly and painstakingly prepared by the host Mei Lian. Every dish was delicious. I attended the event alone and had fun interacting with the others at my table. So glad I joined the event and am looking forward to other NOSHtrekker events.

We appreciate your description '"Í'm hooked''. That's what we all like to read. We are pleased you have started a NOSHtrekker addiction. We are ready for your next hit.

See more reviews
Reviewed 27 August 2017

A food experience for foodies! Meet the locals when you can't get off the beaten track. I had the most exquisite food. Claypot Relishes with Rose and Chris. An amazing evening with locals and other travelers. I got to explore Singapore with directions to the home tucked in a location I'd have never visited.
The food included relishes and traditional home cooked Indian, Malay and Chinese food.
For a business traveler - this is an instant shortcut to a local traditional experience. For those traveling with a small group this will be the event all your friends at home will be a sorry they missed!

We look forward to receiving you on your next work trip. We will immerse you in another element of Singapore food and culture. Thank you for peaking through the shutters with NOSHtrekker.