“Resort with nice amenities”
Review of The Ranch Resort

The Ranch Resort
Ranked #144 of 317 things to do in Cebu Island
More attraction details
Owner description: The Ranch Resort was conceived as a rejuvenation place for friends who came for the weekends to heal themselves of the weariness from city life stress. At the Ranch, they enjoyed the uncluttered purity of rural life, the generous hospitality of the locals, the healing verdant green of carefully nurtured crops and fruits, and the sun-kissed honey from the bees.
Reviewed 8 July 2015

The resort offers wide array of activities from swimming, horseback riding, farm tour etc. it's located in Bato, Toledo City and an hour and a half drive from Cebu City. The staff are very accommodating and courteous.

Reviewed 5 June 2015

This is my third time visiting this resort and again the place has sunk even lower, the grass is no longer green, it's all burnt away... the manager said they water it in the morning, which I know is not a good time to water grass.

The pools are dirty and when I looked in the room it had holes in the furniture, stains on the pillow under the cases and the bathroom had a soap dish hanging off the wall and looking very dirty.

We ordered food by the pool and I have to say that was OK, although when I asked for an ice bucket for the water they said they had run out and they only had ice in a dish.....

I'm frightened to visit this resort again as I’m afraid things may get worse!!!!

Reviewed 29 October 2014

Entrance Fee is 100 pesos per head which is already inclusive of swimming pool use from 8 am to 9 pm. Aside from 6 different pools, the resort also offers other amenitites such as:

Activity Area (zipline, trampoline, obstacle course) 150/ head
Horseback Riding (2 rounds) 100/head
Farm Tour (Bee Farm, Organic Garden, and Aviary) 75/head

Don't miss the farm tour as it is one of the reason why they are called "The Ranch". Lots of horses, birds, fighting cocks, etc. They also have Moy-moy the monkey who is overfriendly and loves to hug and cling to visitors, plus a lovable, tame bulldog who knows a lot of tricks.

The ranch also has 6 pools of various designs, sizes, and water level depths offering a wide range of choices for swimmers. They also have bikes for rent to tour around the place, and horseback riding, obstacle courses, etc. Considering the affordable entrance fees, and other rates, the place offers value for your money. ^_^

4  Thank Juliefe C
Reviewed 20 April 2014

If there is a rating lower than "Terrible" that will be my rating for the customer service of this resort.

My family stayed overnight in April 2014 at The Ranch. When we arrived at the resort and checked in, I was asked to pay upfront the balance of the room accommodation (they had required that we pay a reservation fee by depositing cash to their bank account). Since I had left my wallet in the car and I noticed that they accepted credit card payment, I asked my husband to pay the amount through credit card instead. When we checked out, I had informed front desk that my parents are senior citizens and asked if we can claim their 20% discount. She informed me that since I made my payment through credit card, I can no longer claim the discount for my parents. They can only adjust the billing for the food we ordered since this is the remaining amount due to be paid. I suggested that they deduct from the restaurant billing the entitled room discount for my parents anyway this was charged to our room, but this was not possible because the restaurant charge is different from the room accommodation charge although it is clearly noted that the bill is charged to our room. I asked to talked to their manager hoping to settle the matter immediately however this did not happen. The manager informed me that their policy is NOT to make reimbursements to their guests paying through credit card. I can understand if they can not reimburse the discount entitled to my parents when we did not have an outstanding billing, but this is not the case. We have an amount due to be paid which can cover the adjustment for the discount and also the entire room accommodation was not paid through credit card because I deposited cash as reservation fee. I had insisted on claiming the discount because this is something that our senior citizens are entitled to and should be given to them especially when they agreed that they give discounts to the elderly. After an hour of insisting for the discount, they reimburse me Php 38.75 out of the Php 1800 room rate (exclusive of 7% service charge). Because of my frustration in the handling of my request, I did not notice that this amount is not equivalent to 20% of their room accommodation. On top of that bad experience upon check out, these are other things worth noting:
(1) the bath room in Rm#8 did not have a soap tray. It was not well-cleaned. you can see mildew on the tiles
(2) they have a generator but does not operate automatically when their is power outage.
(3) they do not allow their guests to bring food and water in their resort but they do not have service water in their restaurant. You need to buy bottled water since they provide only 2 bottles of complimentary bottled water. They offered us water from their dispenser located near the rooms however we had an impression that this is not in use because it was not plugged in and the dispenser's faucet looked like it had mildew.
(4) in the early evening, we saw frogs near their 1st pool