“Considering the affordable entrance fees, and other rates, the place offers value for your money”
Review of The Ranch Resort

The Ranch Resort
Ranked #127 of 260 things to do in Cebu Island
More attraction details
Owner description: The Ranch Resort was conceived as a rejuvenation place for friends who came for the weekends to heal themselves of the weariness from city life stress. At the Ranch, they enjoyed the uncluttered purity of rural life, the generous hospitality of the locals, the healing verdant green of carefully nurtured crops and fruits, and the sun-kissed honey from the bees.
Reviewed 29 October 2014

Entrance Fee is 100 pesos per head which is already inclusive of swimming pool use from 8 am to 9 pm. Aside from 6 different pools, the resort also offers other amenitites such as:

Activity Area (zipline, trampoline, obstacle course) 150/ head
Horseback Riding (2 rounds) 100/head
Farm Tour (Bee Farm, Organic Garden, and Aviary) 75/head

Don't miss the farm tour as it is one of the reason why they are called "The Ranch". Lots of horses, birds, fighting cocks, etc. They also have Moy-moy the monkey who is overfriendly and loves to hug and cling to visitors, plus a lovable, tame bulldog who knows a lot of tricks.

The ranch also has 6 pools of various designs, sizes, and water level depths offering a wide range of choices for swimmers. They also have bikes for rent to tour around the place, and horseback riding, obstacle courses, etc. Considering the affordable entrance fees, and other rates, the place offers value for your money. ^_^

4  Thank Juliefe C

Reviewed 20 April 2014

If there is a rating lower than "Terrible" that will be my rating for the customer service of this resort.

My family stayed overnight in April 2014 at The Ranch. When we arrived at the resort and checked in, I was asked to pay upfront the balance of the room accommodation (they had required that we pay a reservation fee by depositing cash to their bank account). Since I had left my wallet in the car and I noticed that they accepted credit card payment, I asked my husband to pay the amount through credit card instead. When we checked out, I had informed front desk that my parents are senior citizens and asked if we can claim their 20% discount. She informed me that since I made my payment through credit card, I can no longer claim the discount for my parents. They can only adjust the billing for the food we ordered since this is the remaining amount due to be paid. I suggested that they deduct from the restaurant billing the entitled room discount for my parents anyway this was charged to our room, but this was not possible because the restaurant charge is different from the room accommodation charge although it is clearly noted that the bill is charged to our room. I asked to talked to their manager hoping to settle the matter immediately however this did not happen. The manager informed me that their policy is NOT to make reimbursements to their guests paying through credit card. I can understand if they can not reimburse the discount entitled to my parents when we did not have an outstanding billing, but this is not the case. We have an amount due to be paid which can cover the adjustment for the discount and also the entire room accommodation was not paid through credit card because I deposited cash as reservation fee. I had insisted on claiming the discount because this is something that our senior citizens are entitled to and should be given to them especially when they agreed that they give discounts to the elderly. After an hour of insisting for the discount, they reimburse me Php 38.75 out of the Php 1800 room rate (exclusive of 7% service charge). Because of my frustration in the handling of my request, I did not notice that this amount is not equivalent to 20% of their room accommodation. On top of that bad experience upon check out, these are other things worth noting:
(1) the bath room in Rm#8 did not have a soap tray. It was not well-cleaned. you can see mildew on the tiles
(2) they have a generator but does not operate automatically when their is power outage.
(3) they do not allow their guests to bring food and water in their resort but they do not have service water in their restaurant. You need to buy bottled water since they provide only 2 bottles of complimentary bottled water. They offered us water from their dispenser located near the rooms however we had an impression that this is not in use because it was not plugged in and the dispenser's faucet looked like it had mildew.
(4) in the early evening, we saw frogs near their 1st pool

22  Thank travellersd789
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I didn't tour the premises. I went there with my fiance, her daughter, and her cousin. I was pleasantly surprised by the low entrance fee of 100 pisos per person. We had lunch with several dishes served family style and my bill was about $50 or $60 and we pigged out. Then we went swimming; they have seven pools. The weather was beautiful, the staff friendly. Had a wonderful and relaxing day. My fiancee's cousin was upset because we went on a weekday and she had to go to school while we had fun. But weekdays you have the place practically to yourself.

1  Thank Peadar5
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I visited the Ranch Resort back in May 2013 with my family, as it was close to Toledo city, where my wife’s family lives, and the rates were reasonable. The quality of the room I stayed in then was very good, everything was working and it was all clean and tidy,

As my experience above was a good one, I booked to stay again in March 2014, I made the reservation via email in August 2013, but unfortunately there was no record upon my arrival but I was told that they did have a room free for the duration of my visit. I was also told that they are setting up an online booking system so this should be sorted shortly.

When checking the room (it was number 8) I noticed that it was not as well kept as the room I had previously when I visited in 2013. I noted the following:-

1. Cup stains on the bedside table and the main table beneath the TV on the wall.

2. A towel rail in the shower was missing the rail and one of its ends... so just one end sticking out of the wall.

3. The toilet roll dispenser was very corroded and needed replacing.

4. The walls were suffering from brown marks on each side of the room.

5. When I entered the room the left side bed spot light was not working.

6. There were holes for a soap tray in the shower but the tray was no longer there.

7. The floor also was not as clean as it should have been.

8. Marks on the pillow and a small hole in the bed sheet.

9. On one night we had very strong rain which came in through the windows and down the walls, it had caused the paint to start bubbling and the floor needed to be mopped with a towel. The windows in this room really need to be re-sealed.

The above are very small things, but they are things that would take a very small amount of time to put right and at a very small cost, I know the room rates are going to rise by 140 peso so maybe the rise could put these things right!!

The pools were still very well kept and only noticed a little litter, which I noticed was being cleaned regularly. The pool recliners were still in good condition, but noticed a little paint loss, again a small amount of time and money would put this right.

The food in the restaurant was of a very high standard and was good value for money, although they had run out of the pizzas so had to order an alternative, not a real problem, as the alternative was of a good standard.

The above hasn't stopped me from wanting to visit again, especially as I noticed that they were doing refurbishments to other rooms as we were staying there.

Let’s hope the comments I left when I checked out were taken on board and next time the Ranch Resort won't look so tired!!

5  Thank james2000uk
See more reviews
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Our group of 35 went there for a sunday day trip. The resort was fully booked for the weekend. But since it was a sunday, there were a lot of rooms whose guests have checked out that allowed us to look and compare the two rooms. The smaller rooms is rectangular in shape, thus the distance from the bed to the TV is quite far, making the TV screen view very small. They have sofa chairs at the foot of the bed to allow a closer view of the tv. Bathroom is ok, with shower enclosure. The bigger room (suite) is more squarish in shape, has a bigger tv, and a bathtub.

The different pools are just pools, with the deepest at 5ft, and several that are kiddie pools. One pool has those mushroom shaped waterfalls for kids, one that is a waterfall that is surrounded by what looked like a lazy river design but without water movement. By 230pm, the pool water started to become cloudy. I swam in 3 of the pools with my goggles, and all three had the same cloudiness. The blue grass garden around the pool were well trimmed, but the palm trees were sparse and did not provide shade for the hot sun.

The alfresco dining area is hot and humid, even with the various electric fans. It is better to eat at the airconditioned dining room located beside the hotel check in lobby, which also allows you to avoid all the flies that surround you at the alfresco area. The menu is the same if you dine indoors and outdoors. Food prices are good, a good meal can be had for up to 250 pesos per person. The restaurant staff struggles with a big group, as stated by one review here, and as witnessed by our group. We placed our orders well ahead of time, before 1030am, but by 12, the food was coming out of the kitchen one at a time. They even forgot someone's orders. Ordering in a small group would not be as problematic, I would assume. Even our billing got topsy turvy.

We also had a tour of the facilities. The guide was good in providing an explanation, but it would be better if they put signs on the different plants in their organic garden, and a description of the bees at their bee station. The monkey and bulldog were truly friendly. The horses were real thoroughbreds, said to be arabian type.

5  Thank al22tecc