“The Wedding of our dreams at Turtle Bay”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 16 reviews

Reviews from our community

jplake11
Portland, Oregon
“The Wedding of our dreams at Turtle Bay”
Reviewed 5 December 2019 for a stay in November 2019
person found this review helpful

This was our second time at Turtle Bay with friends and family. Turtle Bay holds a special place in our hearts because it is where I proposed to my wife and now it is also where I married her. We presented owners Peter and Viel some very difficult logistical challenges and they rose to the occasion. They built us a table for 40 people on the beach and caretakers Gigi and Benito took care of every nights bonfire and keeping our guests happy. We rented the eco resort down the beach as well so we could accommodate all 45 guests and the wedding planner crew. The kitchen at Turtle Bay was perfect for preparing meals for our large group and we had just enough bedrooms for our American guests to be very comfortable. Turtle Bay is a spectacular private retreat that makes you feel like you own the whole beach. Such a magical wedding experience on the beach and a lovely place to stay with family. HIghly recommended.

Date of stay: November 2019
Your age range 50-64
Odyssey75...
“AMAZING!!”
Reviewed 30 April 2018 for a stay in April 2018
people found this review helpful

This is the perfect get-away place. We stayed here for four days as a family, with teenagers and kids and all of us had an amazing time. The villa is just a short distance to the beach, which is one of the best! It has fine sands and has a good stretch of shallow waters so it's perfect for kids. Those who wanted to swim in deeper water just need to go a little farther from the beach. It's also very secluded as most of the locals don't really swim much so you have the beach all to yourself!

The staff are really accommodating... from Gigi who accompanied us everywhere and made sure we are well looked after, to Benito who supplied us daily with coconut and helped us set-up a volleyball net and helped us make a bonfire, to our cook who fixed us delicious meals. I am simply just lost for words with the warm welcome we received.

During our stay, we had an unfortunate episode with the a/c as the generator got broken but honestly, it couldn't take away from the amazing time we had. I will definitely come back and will recommend to my friends.

Special thanks also to Viel who volunteered to did me a favor on the transpo back to Puerto, very much appreciated. And thanks to the wonderful staff.

Ailene

Date of stay: April 2018
geraldine...
Coastal South Carolina, South Carolina
“Paradise!”
Reviewed 28 April 2018 for a stay in March 2018
people found this review helpful

Probably my most favorite place ever! I love the staff! the view! the service! The cook! I love everything about it! If only we have a long days of vacation, We would probably stayed there for the whole week, 3 days is just not enough, just sitting in the porch upstairs is sooo relaxing. The staff are all friendly and they make sure that everything is being taken care of. I love them sooo much because they make our vacation less stressful, I didn't have to worry about anything! The cook is fantastic too! she makes the simple food looks expensive! :) It's almost perfect.. I have a suggestion though, they should have some of their staff get trained for a massage therapy. I asked them if they do massage and they said yes, but when we had their massage, they have no idea what they are doing...but I'm not complaining about it, I know they just want to please us because I requested for a massage. But it would be nice if they know how to do massage. I would definitely come back here with my family!

Date of stay: March 2018
Nicole R
“Perfect getaway for our family reunion”
Reviewed 13 March 2018 for a stay in February 2018
person found this review helpful

12 of us stayed at this beautiful home for a family reunion. We were looking for quality time together in a quiet, natural setting. This location was perfect!

The location is only accessible by banca (boat), so it takes a bit of coordinating. But it is so worth it! Arrival is best before 1pm, since the waves get stronger in the afternoon.

We arranged for pick up at the airport, followed by a short stop to the grocery store to stock up on food/drinks for our stay. Once we arrived, we let the relaxation begin. There are so many activities nearby - we snorkeled, ziplined, and even visited the nearby underground river. Everything was easy to arrange, thanks to the villa's caretaker, Gigi. In the mornings, we enjoyed breakfast on the veranda and watched the local caribou. Gigi would provide us with fresh coconuts upon request. At night, we made delicious meals in the roomy kitchen and built campfires on the beach.

The house is spacious and comfortable. The air conditioner can be used between in the 3 master bedrooms between 8pm and 6am. In the daytime, the ceiling fans were sufficient to keep cool. The villa is a very short walk from the beach. We had the whole beach to ourselves!

We would definitely recommend this booking to friends.

Date of stay: February 2018
Your age range 25-34
jplake11
Portland, Oregon
“Like renting your own private beach resort”
Reviewed 4 December 2017 for a stay in November 2017
person found this review helpful

What an extraordinary place. I rented the turtle Bay Villa with my Fiancé and her Filipino family. The location is stunning it's on a beach that is virtually private with only a few locals from the local village occasionally seen. The Villa itself is clean, well appointed and uber spacious. The outdoor decks really combine with the indoor space to make it very open and airy. The kitchen is separated from the main villa by just a few feet, but we found ourselves hanging out in there with ten or so people at a time while the aunties cooked. The pool and observation deck are a bit of a grueling hike up a steep path, but the view is worth the hike.

The owners Peter and Viel were amazing at arranging everything from vans to boats to a whole roasted pig for my birthday. Their staff will help you with grocery shopping, luggage hauling and boats to get to the villa. The caretakers Gigi and Benito were equally amazing. They took care of everything we needed including moving substantial furniture so that we could seat 18 for dinner, building bonfires on the beach nightly and arranging for tours of the nearby underground river.

The beach sand at this location is sugar soft and you can walk out hundreds of yards into the water without hitting any rocky spots. The waves are very mellow, but if you go out far enough you can catch some small waves for surfing.

I can't say enough good things about this rental. Location, staff, amenities, privacy, beach and Villa Design are all five star.

Date of stay: November 2017
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.