All reviews ginger tea hot towels dive resort sunset cruise hot lunch world class hotel the entire staff white beach diving destinations gourmet meal chef prepares special island staff knew our names foot boat short walk to the beach the reefs been diving for years
Reviewed 24 April 2016

This was my 7th dive trip to the Philippines and the 3rd dive trip using the Marco Vincent Dive Resort.

In March 2016, I led a small group of divers and we stayed in the resort for a few days. We used the dive shop and boat for a few dives in the Puerto Galera area. Then we went on their dive safari boat (The Big Berth) for 7 days around Mindoro Island and dove in many places, but mainly in Coron and Apo Reef.

To summarize, the hotel itself, the dive shop, the dive boat, the dive safari boat and the diving itself were superb. Special thanks to the owners, Mel and Merci, their son, Maurice, the hotel manager, Rizza, and the rest of the staff who went out of their way to accommodate us and show us a great time. I know I will return.

I highly recommend the Marco Vincent Dive Resort to anyone who wants to dive in the Philippines.

6  Thank IlanTtravel
Reviewed 24 April 2016

I went on a dive safari to Apo Reef and Coron. I thought the diving, the Marco Vincent Resort, the food and hospitality were fantastic. The dive shop and dive operation were great. I would recommend this trip to fellow divers.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank scubaBenLV
Reviewed 31 March 2016

My wife and I were guests at the Marco Vincent Dive Resort in January 2016. My prime reason for attending this resort was to complete the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Course. Marlon was my dive instructor and I was extremely fortunate to have him in a one-on-one arrangement since there were no other students taking the course. He is an experienced diver and a caring person. We bonded well and I felt safe under his guidance. I wish that I could have continued longer under his tutelage.
The resort itself was nice but the surrounding area leaves a lot to be desired. It is a short distance from the beach but the walk takes you through a run-down area. When it rains this area becomes muddy. The beach itself is filled with various cafes and primarily drag entertainment. These were not to my liking but appeared to be enjoyed by a younger generation. The resort itself had two restaurants - one on site and the other located at the beach. Frequently items were lacking and at various times they could not provide selections appearing on the menu. However, the staff was superb and tried their best to accommodate us. My wife was not so happy with the resort because she found little to entertain her while I was attending my course. We took a tour of the area offered by the resort. Unfortunately the driver was not well-informed and provided little information about the areas we visited.
Overall I enjoyed my stay at the resort . My diving experience was terrific. The food that was available was good and the wonderful staff did all they could to provide us with a pleasant stay.

Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Fred F
Reviewed 29 March 2016

Although we didn't stay in Marco Vincent overnight, since we already had booked another Hotel in White Beach, we decided to at least eat dinner there by the very nice pool inside the Hotel's pool-yard. We were greeted by Marianne, who's the head of the front desk team of Marco Vincent, by the way one of the kindest and most helpful frontesk staff I ever witnessed (I can say that because we had some friends staying there, so we got back the other day to pick them up). Food (Pizza) was delicious and the setting just next to the illuminated pool was very pleasant. Would definitively stay there the next time I am in Mindoro.

Date of stay: April 2015
3  Thank Johnny_Global
Reviewed 27 March 2016

The whole operation from the hotel,diving boat(live on)the crew,the owner Mel and the itinerary were the best you can get. It is my second year with them and more to come. Few participants were with more experience than mine and they rated the trips as one of the best. The coral reef( Apo Reef) and the water were the best you can find. very professional, very safe.

3  Thank rafael r