“Adventure indeed”

Balungao Hilltop Adventure
Reviewed 11 April 2017

The good:
Great hiking activity. This is not your typical hike, leave your trekking poles at home as you'll be mostly gripping on rocks and trees to ascend.

Zip line, ATV, paintball. You won't get bored as they have other activities you can join in.

The comfort rooms are clean. Accommodating staff.

The bad:
Most of the huts/sheds are farther away from the pool area. Their accommodations are tiny, just for 2 pax and for just 6 hours.

The ugly:
The pool water is I think 80% chlorine, 20% salt water. The hot pools are less chlorinated but the cold spring pools, man, I've shampooed my hair twice and it didn't get rid of the chlorine smell. I don't know if that level of chlorine in the water is safe for young children.

1  Thank Mack S

Reviewed 15 September 2016

For starter hikers....this mountain would be great....that's it.

I did not enjoy the amenities of the resort. me amoy yun tubig.

Reviewed 6 June 2016

We spent our 2016 Labor Day exploring the beauty of Pangasinan--first stop is to experience Balunggao Hilltop Adventure with my colleagues at PSR. We challenge ourselves to experience the 1.4 kilometer zipline 2 and the 15 minutes ATV. Since we we arrived early, we were the first large group to try one of the longest zipline in the country. We were fetch by the L-300 and guided us to the point of no return. As we climbed the 175 stairs going to the tower, we already knew what lies ahead of us. Then another 25 steps before you conquer your fear, feel at ease with nature, shout til your last breath goes out and be like Superman ready to save the world. That was my first zipline adventure and to be honest, I thought i can't make it but i did. I feel lighter as the man at my back push me down and down i go til i landed safely at the ground. Worth it indeed for just P500 pesos per pax. Then for an additional P200 per pax, you will get to experience the 15-mins ATV. Again, my first ATV-attempt yet i love the feeling of being with nature, with the beautiful mountains surrounding you and escaping the busy city life to do all the things you wanted in life.

1  Thank tetsky
Reviewed 18 December 2015

We went there before our great Bolinao adventure. It is 3-4 hours away from Manila. The trip is easy since it's just less than an hour away when you take the Carmen exit from TPLEX. It is a great outdoor adventure and amazingly, the roads that lead to the location are all paved (good job Pangasinan government). We arrived a little before lunch, unfortunately the atv and zipline staffs are on lunch break. We didn't wait that long though, they were assisting us already in less than an hour. We paid 700 pesos per person for the 15 mins ATV tour (200php) and the longer zipline (500php). The ATV experience came first. It is nothing compared to our ATV experience in Boracay, but I think it's worth the price. We rode outside of the site, and we stopped on an overlooking site. You'll get a great view of the hill and the surroundings. After a few minutes for picture taking, time to go back to the site.

Zipline adventure's up next. Once we're done parking the ATVs, we got geared up and ready for the zips. We were asked to ride a little L300 (haha) that dropped us at the bottom of a hill. To our horror, we have to climb up a million (that's what it looked and felt that time) flight of steep but metal stairs. By the time we're on the top, we are very exhausted. There is one staff already there, he said he went up via ATV, which I hope they share with the customers, or atleast maybe that could be the ATV adventure. I was seriously cursing, and almost giving up because of those flight of stairs, though I can maybe blame half of it to my out of shape physique. Anyways, after the hilltop climb, we have to climb a few more flight of stairs to the actual zipline tower. I was about to give up and back out because it looks so high! Kuya assured us though that it's safe and it's and the experience itself is not that scary. And true to his words, it's actually not scary and just less than 2 mins of fun! Just be careful though once you're about to land, I bent my back a bit and had bruises on the sides of my armpits (from the harness). Will definitely come back to try the 2 ziplines next time! :)

3  Thank cxLean_1223