“Amazing!!”

Balungao Hilltop Adventure
Reviewed 16 February 2015

In my first visit here, I was so excited with the hot springs!! So I tried those and all my expectations were met. Oh, and add the zipline of course!! <3

All reviews
"pangasinan"
in 4 reviews
"attractions"

Reviewed 29 December 2014

We travel far going to Balungao with a lot of expectation of what we can enjoy to ur Holiday vacation but suprisingly we've been disappointed for shower rooms not functiong it has 2 area to use with a lot of guest and rest rooms don't have water to use faucet no water same with "no water to flash"too poor service.Some guest eat inside pool premises due to vendors sell food & no personnel monitored to avoid dripping of ice cream while inside the pool this causes water to be dirty & uncomfortable to swim you will choose to just go home due to poor service No guidelines , guest even wear slippers while inside the pool OMG! As they say First impression last" we did not travel far to be disappointed and cleanliness is very important for your guest to be back and not to visit the place ONCE :( though ATV exp is good...

2  Thank aimz d
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

I'm no longer stranger to Balungao Hilltop Adventure's zipline as I experienced its atmosFEAR every time we go here with my family or friends. The fees are very affordable and worth it that's why we used to go here to chillax and unwind. The place is very relaxing and eco-friendly. Last July 2014 was my 5th try ziplining and still experiencing palpitations due to excitements and ended up always with a smile on my face. I tried the longer zipline for a change, which measures 1.4km "Zipline Number 2" as they call and yehey!!! I made it! Was totally fun and awesome!... #funfunfun

2  Thank Rox M
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This was a couple of years back we were group of 7, we arrived there really early so we can booked atleast one of the cabana rooms coz when i was trying to phone them a week before we get there they said we can get the cabana on the day coz it wasn't a peak month, unfortunately we had to wait in one of their cottages til midnight to get one of them as both cabanas was booked for someone else, we basically had lots of mosquito bites by midnight.

As soon as we got in our cabana there are lots insects that was flying around & red ants. but still we tried to settle in as we were tired from the swim that we had for nearly the whole day.

Pool is DIRTY the only clean area that you will find is the hot spring which is too hot!! The water is salty but is alright.

Staff also need to fix their attitude towards their customers, speaking in ilocano doesn't mean we looked like tourist & don't understand the things that your sayin behind our backs. changehe attitude & put a smile atleast for the ladies!!

The only highlight in our trip was the good adrenaline rush that we had from zipline, but the rest is just very bad. we was going to to hiking but we didn't had the equipment for it so maybe next time if there is next time tho..

1  Thank Jhaynhell
See more reviews
Reviewed 17 April 2013

I am from the province and the Mt. Balungao is just a few kilometers away from my town. I really wanted to explore the mountain since grade school after visiting the Scouts camping grounds in the 80's. Summertime is the best time to visit a mountain, I think.

Stories from neighbors warned me though- that the pool is not so nice, stinky and salty, etc. etc.

A week after Holy Week, we decided to visit. True enough, the pool is not so nice. Decaying acacia blooms were scattered in the pool. There is some distinct not so pleasant smell in one of the pools near the entrance. The water in the shower area is indeed salty. However, their hot springwater jacuzzi is clean. But I didn't need much hot spring water as it was freaking hot in the middle of summer. Why it's salty? Because Mt. Balungao is an ancient extinct volcano. That explains it. Sulfur maybe.

The cottages were average. There were some nipa huts but when we arrived, most were already reserved by a local politician. So we were given 2 big round tables at Php100 each and chairs of course. Grilling is allowed. Downside...there is no running water where you can wash utensils or your hands after dipping in the pool. We were stationed near the pavilion/info area under a big acacia tree. The fresh water is about 10 to 15 meters from our place. They provided gallons though. When you want to shower, you must fetch your water from the huge drum outside their shower room. Hmmm...

What I wanted to see is the mountain and not the pool. My better-half and I decided to trek the slopes without any hiking gear but only our slippers. It was a 15 to 20 minute trek. The ascent was easy though there were some parts were the slope has eroded. We were only about a few meters from the summit when I called off the trek. We need a rope and a good hiking gear to reach the top. The trail is so steep and only a single tree holds the soil.

The view of the plains were partially blocked by the thick canopy of trees, only the sound of chirping birds and our breathing can be heard. It was so peaceful and quiet.

We decided to descend as it was getting late.

At the resort iteself, they have a zipline which they claimed to be the second longest in the Philippines at 600+ meters. Zipliners were taken to a hill by the shuttle.
Rates of attractions are:
Php250 per pax- zipline
Php200 per pax for 15 mins- ATV
Php50 per pax - entrance
Php25 per child below 4 ft- entrance
Php800 per room- overnight cabana (they only have 2)

They also offer trekking guide services at Php300 good for 10pax. But they require trekkers to be in the facility at 530am and must be wearing sneakers/hiking shoes and jogging pants or leggings.

I am definitely going back for the trek. Never mind the pool...you can get it somewhere else.

9  Thank wanderinglitigator