All reviews butler service potala palace main building spg platinum two sinks huge bathroom beautiful property management team language barrier public spaces luxurious hotel the check in process in house view room local tibetan rooftop bar hotel lobby
Reviewed 5 November 2018

My wife and I traveled to Tibet on 14th Sept 2018. Our trip started in Lhasa and ended up
in Shigatse, covering the Gangdise Range and Himalayan Range.Trip lasted 14 days.
we stayed at St.Regis Hotel for 4 days.from Sept 14 to 18th
These are the notable aspects of this hotel. Rooms were clean and the restaurants
served food that were limited to Asian choices...Western food choices were hardly served
The Hotel staff by names were very helpful with their language assistance and also arranging for outside services (Tibetan Health check) as needed...Front office staff to be recognised are Cherry/Sara/Sonrique....Our trip was a memorable one

Room tip: We Choose a room in Building 2....Very quiet but not much of a view outside other than the hotels other buildings
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2018 via mobile

We stayed here three nights with Abercrombie and Kent tour. It’s surprisingly a beautiful holiday resort that we didn’t expect before checkin. Everything’s nice and smooth, including all services, facilities, well done the both restaurants!
Only one thing needs to be noted: we can always smell the smoke from our room(especially from the bathroom)!!
A huge sign for smokers to take it outside area(which is really not far) please!!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank wendyhwyeh
Reviewed 26 October 2018

The staff are doing their best but the St Regis Head Office management needs to take the hotel back in hand. The Hotel Manager needs to "walk the grounds" every day and see where the issues are - and then clearly explain what needs to be done to fix them. Seeing a mouldy apple core under a bench in the pool area is really not good enough - for it to be "blooming" in mould, it had to have been overlooked for quite some time. The Manager needs to have a better level of attention to detail - I cannot and will not blame the staff as they truly try hard to give their guests a positive experience. The issue is squarely with the Manager of the hotel; the staff have never experienced what it's like to have a 5 star meal, or 5 star service. Perhaps the Manager should invite all the staff for a 5 star meal and serve them - the way he or she would like the hotel guests to be served - so they understand the experience and can pass it on to their guests. It would also be a good thing for morale! Anyway, it's a great hotel and I'd say the best in Lhasa, but it needs some TLC and a management re-evaluation demonstrating greater leadership skills.

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed 25 October 2018 via mobile

St. Regis resort exceeds all expectations. Having traveled in Tibet for a week staying in "5 star" hotels, I was so very impressed with this hotel. Staff were attentive and professional. The suite was beyond impressive. Meals were of excellent quality and reasonably priced. The view from my second floor room was wonderful. The rooftop bar had views across the city to the Potala Palace. This was my final night in Lhasa and was the perfect ending to a wonderful trip to Tibet. You deserve 6 stars!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
JimmyW1772, General Manager at The St. Regis Lhasa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2018

Dear Shane C,

Thank you for stay with us and sharing your positive feedback.

You have given me great joy to share your compliments with our staff, I am truly happy you had a wonderful experience..

My team and I are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Yours Sincerely,
Jimmy W
The St. Regis Lhasa Resort

Reviewed 23 October 2018

We traveled with a package tour. The lobby and the room are tastefully decorated, balcony outside the lobby overlooking Potala Palace. Our room was big. I liked the stool with wheels in the bathroom which could be easily moved around to where I needed it to be. We were lucky that our rooms were in the main building, otherwise it requires some walking to rooms located in other complexes. I have seen resort of extensive size taking guests to their rooms in golf carts but none of those at this resort. There was an instance that I needed to talk to staff at the reception, I waited and kept some distance from the guests at the desk being helped, for some time I was not noticed by any staff and was not offered help.
There were 2 bottles of oxygen free to use. I got headache on the first night of stay, used up the whole bottle of oxygen but that the headache did not go away, until the following morning I took a bite of a piece of bread dipped in honey, I was fine since that moment. Breakfast was good.
I used the indoor pool. It flooded on the floor in the changing room because of the poor drainage. I realized that some staff could not read either Chinese or English, though they could converse, when I asked for hair conditioner in the changing room. She then came to me with her hands full of bottles for me to pick as she could not tell which one was hair conditioner. Training the staff to recognize some few words in English/Chinese may help in similar situation.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
JimmyW1772, General Manager at The St. Regis Lhasa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2018

Dear WongYL,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. Please accept our apologies that some certain aspects of your experience did not meet your expectations on your recent stay.

Your comments about check-in service, language training have been well documented and will certainly be looked into.

Please noted that, the hotel has golf carts at the court yard outside the lobby, please contact Concierge or Butler if this service is needed for you. It appears that the services provided by our hotel were not clearly informed during your arrival and I will personally ensure that our team improves on this area as it is a vital part of our hotel brand experience.

I hope your experience would not deter you from giving us another opportunity to welcome you back in future. Please contact us directly on butler.lhasa@marriott.com and and we will ensure you are well taken care of.

Yours Sincerely,