“Unexpected Craft Cocktail Gem”

Fishsteria Seafood Place
Ranked #220 of 11 582 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Price range: US$26 - US$102
Neighbourhood: Tai Fat Hau
Description: This seafood place offers fresh caught fish, shellfish and oysters. The ground floor is perfect for a casual drink and snacks where be ready to be blown away by creatively concocted cocktails and drinks by the mixologist. Enjoy the company of friends and family while dining at the first floor. There is also a private room available for small groups of up to 20 people.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I was introduced to Fishsteria during my stay over the holidays. It was late afternoon and the second I stepped in I was immediately struck by the warm welcome by Filippo – a pleasant departure from the typical HK attitude of “You’ll be greeted and served when, and only when, I’m good and ready.”

We kicked off with a round of Gibson and Dirty Martini while pondering over their oyster selection. Filippo really elevated these classics - our drinks were carefully made, correct, and well balanced. Quite an unexpected triumph when plenty of other cocktail bars focus on the spectacles rather than the libations themselves.

We have since gone back quite a few times and chosen to sit right at the bar. Filippo and Matteo took their time to walk us through their bourbon, rye, and gin collection and why each was chosen for a particular drink. Their Whiskey Sour was the best I’ve had in a long time, and I’ve had quite a few. I wish I found this place earlier – a warm, unpretentious spot, away from the see-and-be-seen, where you can just sit back and enjoy some extremely well-made cocktails.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

I brought my mom to Fishteria for dinner because she demanded good seafood and boy, she was not disappointed!

We ordered the MEDIUM SEAFOOD PLATTER to start which had six oysters (3 kinds), crab leg, cherry stone clam, shrimps (red and blue) and scallop. Everything was fresh, cold and sweet. The cherry stone clam was my favourite and it’s so good that they don’t do separate a la carte orders for them!

Next we had the BURRATA SALAD. The tomatoes were a mix of yellow grape cherry tomatoes and red cherry tomatoes. Burrata was very creamy just as I like it!

The SEA URCHIN TAGLIOTINI was so pretty and it had a small spicy kick to it!

Finally we ended off with the PASSIONFRUIT CREME BRÛLÉE! OMG everyone should try this. It’s paired with some passion fruit sauce and sorbet. Gastronomic. I’d come back to the resto JUST for this!!

All this came out to about $1400 HKD for our party of three people. We had two glasses of wine and still water too.

Staff are very attentive, nice. Ambience was stylish, cosmopolitan. Good place to come with a group of friends or family I think!

I’ll be coming back very soon!

Reviewed 18 March 2018

Good location, easy to reach, reasonable priced delicious set lunch, nice ambience and friendly attentive staff. Only thing is there is a staircase. Lift is available but not very convenient. Will have slight trouble for people difficult walking up and down stairs.

Review collected in partnership with www.chope.co
Reviewed 17 March 2018

Went for a mid week lunch with a friend
Not full at all
Good service
Tuna ceviche was disappointing (not really a ceviche), but the oysters were good, and the grilled seabass was perfect (and huge !)
With desert thrown on top, amazing value
Will return

Reviewed 4 March 2018

The oyster special of $10 oyster at happy hours are a very good deal. Fishsteria has an extensive wine selection. Great place for after work drinks and oysters.