“Indian food in a foreign land better than india”
Review of Bombay Dreams

Bombay Dreams
Reserve with Chope
Bombay Dreams is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 11 109 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central
Description: An institution in Hong Kong for the finest Indian fare, Bombay Dreams in Central has won accolades from guests with a discerning taste for traditional Indian cuisine. Created by renowned Indian chefs direct from their home country, Bombay Dreams present authentic Indian cuisine in a style that has established it as truly fine dining - Indian style! Exotic desserts are a feature. A superb buffet, loaded with Indian delights, represents wonderful value for business lunches or simply lunch with friends.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

After a along long working day and a vegetarian Friend looking for veg food we land up at this place that connected us to the place we came from, after all the hunting for veg food my dear friend said veg biryani and i ordered for a chicken biryani. The food was too good, if someone can cook the biryani so well where there is flavours and the rice is separate and the chicken is also properly cooked that means they know their basic. As we were full with this my next visit to hongkong would be to try some more dishes out here. The staff was friendly and smiling and service prompt, there was a pretty lady constantly monitoring all the activities and also helping hands...maybe she was the owner. Over all a good experience, indians and veggie indians looking for indian food in hk please visit this place. And last this place is not that highly priced as compared to others if you convert into rupees. So happy eating

GuestRelationsHK, Guest Relations Manager at Bombay Dreams, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2018

Dear ashim m,

Thank you for coming over and leaving a nice review. We are happy that you enjoyed our food, especially thechicken biryani. We hope to welcome you again soon and let us recommend other signature dishes for you!

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Bombay Dreams is resting on its laurels. On June 22 we found the fish and chicken dry and tough because they continue to cook in the serving pot instead of just staying warm. The other dishes were average compared to other Indian lunch buffets and not worthy of the higher price. In all, the food quality has dropped since my last visit a year ago. The staff had a generally arrogant demeanor right from the time I made reservations. Worst of all, a rat scurried across the floor at the height of the lunch hour, perhaps common at a dai pai dong but not at a supposedly top-in-class eatery. I am lucky I was not there with a date or a client as it would have been a disaster.

2  Thank Nuekid
DiningConceptsHK, Guest Relations Manager at Bombay Dreams, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Nuekid,

May I first apologize for this occurrence. The matter has been taken up with the manager, staff, and appropriate action has been taken,
we do appreciate you advising of this situation as it assist us in ensuring our products. Again, please accept our sincere apologies for this unfortunate occurrence and we hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Bombay Dreams in the future.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

In the past, I went to Bombay dreams for lunch, and it was very good.

I recently went there for dinner and my feedback is as follows:

1. The service is not very good

2. The food contains too much MSG and I had to drink lots of water after my meal

So, you can go there for lunch, and please do not go there at nite.

2  Thank Victor C
GuestRelationsHK, Guest Relations Manager at Bombay Dreams, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Dear Victor C,

Many thanks for taking the time to review Bombay Dreams! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our lunch buffet; however, we are disappointed to learn that our food and service were not up to your expectations. We assure you that we do not use MSG in our food.
Your comments on the service and quality of food have been shared to the team for further review and improvement. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Was super tempted to try out Bombay Dreams for ages and finally i had lunch today and it was amazing.

The selections at buffet section was delightful yet colorful.

I was pretty full with buffet but ending my meal with kheer as dessert was lusciously delicious.

Thanks to the team for looking after us and will definitely come back again.

GuestRelationsHK, Guest Relations Manager at Bombay Dreams, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Dear martinangelos227,

Thank you for your five-star review! We are so excited to read that you like our lunch buffet and service. Your recommendation is much appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back for another enjoyable time.

Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

The food here was tasty, but not amazing. The dhal makhni was thinner than I am used to, with fewer lentils in.
The Lacha paratha ribbons weren’t well defined - I have had better
But the curry flavours were good and service was efficient. Price was reasonable too

GuestRelationsHK, Guest Relations Manager at Bombay Dreams, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Dear TangerineB,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent dining experience with us. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed our food. However, I am sorry to learn that some of the food quality was not up to your expectations, please accept my deepest apologies.I will share your feedback with our culinary team for review. We are hoping to welcome you back in the future.

Bombay Dreams team

Been to Bombay Dreams? Share your experiences!