“Very good food”

Komune
Ranked #2 of 10 676 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Price range: US$11 - US$45
Cuisines: Asian, Mediterranean
Description: Komune Brings People Together. This is your new neighbourhood Wong Chuk Hang-out, a slice of laidback life for those all-day cravings. A fresh Hong Kong concept built on key community collaborations, at Komune, we've teamed-up with the world's best for a restaurant unlike any other – creative cocktails, generous sharing plates and ultra-cool tunes, all in one spacious place.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Nice experience in chef table definitely is a must in Komune, very good and creative food and amazing chef Alvaro Ramos many thanks

Komune H, Food and Beverage Manager at Komune, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Was a pleasure to meet you last week during your dinner in our Chef table

We are thrill to read your comments about Komune and Chef Alvaro. No doubts he is making a huge difference in the kitchen and bringing Komune to the next level. All the experience that he acquire during his trips around Asia, help him to develop flavours that you can not easily find in Hong Kong

Best,

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

Impressive service, wonderful mix of options on the menu. Id recommend the "air bags" and the Suckling pig, they were wonderful. The open kitchen view is something I love to see in a restaurant, watching the chefs work like bees in a hive. It was fairly steady when I arrived but there was never a laps in service, glasses always full and tables always clean and ready for anither course. The staff was friendly and had some great input on cocktails as well as the food. Honestly when I stepped back into the elevator after what was a pretty great all aroubd experience, I had forgotten I was in a hotel. Just goes to show you that not all hotel food is just a product of nessecity. I'll be visiting again!

Great job

Maximiliano E, Food and Beverage Manager at Komune, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2018

Hi Steven G

Thank you for sharing the memorable experience you had in Komune last week. Our goal here is provide authentic hospitality and bring guest satisfaction to the next level and set up a stage of effortless living for our guest, and we are so happy to see that we accomplish this with you

I will share your comments with Alvaro and the team, they will be extremely happy to acknowledge such great compliments.

I would also like to invite you to come the first week of June to try our new A la carte and Set lunch menu, where Alvaro has been working for the last two months to keep surprising our guest

Looking forward to have you soon,

Reviewed 10 May 2018

The cooking was succulent! and just spectacular!
Golden chef hand I would describe!
We had dinner last April, we give the liberty to the chef to build a Menu! whoa!
Raw material high end quality, transformation just did with art!
Then to close this perfect dinner time, a digestive on their roof top with a outstanding view! Bravo to the Chef! We will definitely come back

We are happy to hear that you were delighted by our dishes and Chef Alvaro creativity. Sitting in our chef table one of a kind experience where let our chef play with ingredients and create dishes that we do not serve in our menu, and at the same time you are in the heat of the service where you see the team working during rush hours.

I am happy to let you know that we will be changing our A la carte and set lunch menu from June 1st and we would love to have you again to give it a try.

Looking forward to have you soon,

Best,

Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

Definitely overrated, this is "no. 1" restaurant in Hong Kong, absolutely not accurate and there are so many great places for eat better than is one

2  Thank Sum G

Hi Sum G,

I am very sorry and disappointed to read that we couldn't satisfy your expectations on your visit to Komune, scoring us just with a one star.

I do understand that you do not believe that we deserve the number 1 position, but unfortunately this is something that is arranged for an algorithm from TA depending on the amount of good or bad reviews you have.

Unfortunately your review does not give us any detail where did we fail on your visit, hence I would really appreciate if you could contact me to maxielias@komune.com.hk and share your experience in detail so we have the opportunity to improve and amend the bad experience that you had with us,

Looking forward to hear from you soon

Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

Myself and my friend recently visited Komune on a Sunday for brunch with our three young children. The restaurant has a cool yet laid back vibe and on Sundays they have live music on the terrace which makes it an ideal haven for a few lazy hours. We decided to order from the A La Carte menu however the brunch menu also looked very tasty and popular. Every dish we ate was delicious, beautifully presented and very well priced for Hong Kong. Our particular favourites were the beef rib (pictured after we had already started eating the potato chips!) tuna tiradito, cheese ham and truffle toastie and the doughnut filled with dulce de leche and topped with cream - absolute heaven!!! The service is also super friendly and the staff are very relaxed with children allowing them to roam around freely and giving them toys and colouring books. Komune is now firmly on my list as one of my favourite brunch places in Hong Kong. Recommended!

Maximiliano E, Food and Beverage Manager at Komune, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Hi rhb123647

Thank you for your beautiful comments about komune and rest assure that I will share with our team. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed our brunch with your friend and kids. Indeed we are a casual laid back restaurant, however we have extra care for our guest where we set the stage of effortless living.
I do have to agree with you that our Sichuan Ribs and the doughnut filled with dulce de leche and Vanilla cream are to die for. We will be changing the menu in the beginning of June and I would like to invite your to give us you honest feedback about our new dishes

Looking forward to have you again,