Reviews (1 296)
1 296 results
All reviews times square sofa bed causeway bay set breakfast lane crawford great location sharp street free breakfast mtr station hysan place budget hotel hotel is located same building noodles reasonable size bathroom door shopping area
22 - 27 of 1 296 reviews
Reviewed 16 October 2018 via mobile

Great location. Great staff. Great price.
Breakfast is awful, they should do something about it. Not a lot of options and the options you have are not good. Also, you leave the place smelling a lot like food.
Would stay again and maybe book without breakfast and have it anywhere else.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
HIEX_Causeway_Bay_HK, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hong Kong Causeway Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2018

Dear Angela P,

We would like to thank you for the choosing the Holiday Inn Express Hong Kong Causeway Bay and shared your review with us in TripAdvisor. It is great to know that you appreciated our excellent location and friendliness staff with efficient service. The hotel location is really second to none for anyone who is town for leisure or business purposes, as we are only a minutes walking distance to the Causeway Bay MTR Station, and just across the road to one of the Hong Kong’s most popular shopping malls - Times Square which has hundreds of shops and restaurants. On the other hand. We are really sorry that we are falling short to address your expectation on the breakfast part, please be rest assured we will be constantly reviewing guests’ feedback with the restaurant ( it is operated by a 3rd party ) and urge for improvement and most importantly we had decided to change the service provider for the reason of betterment. We will continue to focus on the general upgrading of the hotel’s hardware, and this project will continue to be carried out. As for the pricing, it is suggested from the system that to ensure our rate remains competitive with the other hotels of same category in the city.

Once again we really appreciated that you took time to share your experience at our hotel and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Express Hong Kong Causeway Bay soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

Not going to win any awards for style or glamour - but this is a functional and affordable option perfectly located. Beds are decent, hot water is plentiful and WiFi seems to work consistently - which in the end is everything I need. The “gym” is 2 treadmills and a bike - but at least there is something. The breakfast is standard budget hotel fare which won’t win any prizes but sets you up for the day. All in all it is what it is, and it does it pretty well.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
HIEX_Causeway_Bay_HK, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hong Kong Causeway Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2018

Dear Samuel_Thomson,

Thank you for your recent feedback posted here, it is much appreciated. We are glad to know that you are satisfied with our comfortable guest room and recognized the “No More No Less” concept of Holiday Inn Express as we provide all fundamental needs with a simple but focused service philosophy (such as cleanliness standard, easy environment, comfortable room, free breakfast and wifi).

Thanks again for taking the time to let us know how you felt about the hotel, and we hope that we have a chance to serve you on your next visit to Hong Kong.

Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

It’s my second time staying here. We came back because the location is perfect! It’s near Times Square, MRT station, Apple store, Hysan place, and lots of shopping & eating place. There’s some small market also in an alley where you can find stall selling socks, clothes, accessories, etc. Restaurants, 711 and food stall are nearby too.

The room is quite small but comfortable enough. There’s a sofa bed too. There’s a restaurant in lobby that served chinese food & also breakfast. It’s very nice, my daughter love to eat there. Even at night when we are tired to go out we just eat dinner there.

We’ll be back for sure if visiting hongkong again

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
HIEX_Causeway_Bay_HK, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hong Kong Causeway Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2018

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Hong Kong Causeway Bay and shared your comment in Tripadvisor. It is great to have heard that you were satisfied with our prime location, comfortable guestroom and hotel facilities.

Once again, we would like to thank you for spending time posting your comments about our Hotel, we surely will strive for improvements on our facilities, as guests’ satisfaction is our number 1 goal, and we hope that we have a chance to serve you on your next visit to Hong Kong.

Reviewed 6 October 2018

I stayed here for my first visit to Hong Kong not too long ago. I looked at many properties in several neighborhoods and am very glad I chose the Holiday Inn Express Causeway Bay.

The hotel staff were all extremely friendly, and I appreciated the complimentary bottled water every day. WiFi was great and the extra converters in the room were also a nice touch. My room was right next to the elevators, but it was quiet and I never heard any noise from the hallways.

The location was perfect for me, as it was very convenient to the MTR and accessible to everything I wanted to see during my vacation. (Make sure you take exit A out of the MTR, following signs for Times Square - you will end up in the basement/lowest level of the Times Square mall. Follow signs for the office tower and take the escalators up one level. This will take you the main plaza/street level. Walk towards the Ferragamo store; the hotel is on Sharp Street, which runs parallel to the mall and faces the Ferragamo windows. You'll cross at the crosswalk with Ferragamo on your right to turn down Sharp Street.)

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
HIEX_Causeway_Bay_HK, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hong Kong Causeway Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Dear nycsarah,

We would like to thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Hong Kong Causeway Bay and shared your review with us as frequent traveler. It’s absolutely encouraging to read your comments and we really appreciate that you have highlighted so many great things about our hotel. We can’t ask for more than that….

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 28 September 2018

I was at the hotel for five days. The room was a good size, comfortable enough for one or two people. Adequate closet space, comfortable bed and pillows, decent lighting. It had a mini-fridge, safe and electric kettle. A nice desk but with a wobbly office chair. The wifi worked without any problem with the exception for one hour during the height of the storm, which is understandable.

The bathroom door had this neat little design trick where it closed like it normally would and then swing into the bathroom to close where the toilet is to create a little private WC.

It’s centrally located at the extremely crowded Times Square area just steps from the Causeway Bay MTR station with plenty of buses and trams nearby.

The breakfast is exceptional, plentiful and delicious with a full variety of Asian and western food.

Overall, it’s a solid three-or-four circle rating. So why did I give it a five? Because I was at the hotel during Typhoon Mangkhut, which was historic in terms of strength and the destruction it caused. The young staff, much of it was a skeleton crew, performed admirably.

I believe some of the staff stayed over in the hotel. There was still maid service, which I found surprising. I chose to skip it since I was working in my room so someone came with extra water. The main restaurant provided a full breakfast that was the same as any other day and a lunch, which I skipped. The restaurant was closed for dinner. However, they provided a choice of three complete to-go meals for about $10 dollars, which I thought was genius. The front desk people set up a little beverage and snack station in the lobby. There was someone stationed at the front door at all times. The two front desk people were terribly busy but they remained calm and poised and worked with all of us the best they could.

The building itself was solid, it is inland so coastal flooding wasn’t an issue and it’s surrounded by other tall buildings, which blocked some of the wind, which was quite impressive.

The storm was classified as a +10 cyclone (equivalent to a category 5 hurricane) for 10 hours. For a few hours it got really hairy. The wifi and some of the hotel systems went down for about an hour during that time.

The bottom line is I can’t say enough good things about how these workers performed. I would be happy to stay here anytime and recommend this hotel to anyone for business or pleasure.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Hong Kong Causeway Bay and shared your review with us. It is absolutely encouraging to read your comments "stay here anytime and recommend this hotel to anyone" and we really appreciate that you have highlighted so many great things about our hotel. We can’t ask for more than that….