See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 December 2016 via mobile

I stayed here one Saturday night because all the hotels in HK are basically full during weekend but what I got was a lot nastier than I imagined. I got moved. No lock, broken adaptor, hair everywhere.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank archangelajosephine
Reviewed 7 July 2016

we booked this place because it was a good price and in lower nathan street handy for all directions and travel mode...at first arrival outside the CHUNG KING MANSION buiding it chaotic..many touts trying to sell you a lodging..there are over 50 lodging places alone in block A and B....we had prepaid but even then we were hassled...if you have already booked then walk into the MANSION mall and find the lift for your guest house...warning again !!only one lift per block..late afternoon is very busy......in the MANSION mall there are many currency exchange shops at good rate......the rooms are small we had a double bed plus en suite..hot water/tv and jug to boil water...when we travel all we require is a clean bed/room /toilet/shower and peaceful sleep..if you book contact MAY WONG direct

Room tip: the rooms are small i suggest you contact MAY WONG first if there are several of you travelling together
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2016 via mobile

We booked the hotel month before our trip. We arrive there at around 11 am which I think is very reasonable time for checking in. Unfortunately, the owner informed us that they don't have an available triple room which we have reserved. So she transferred us to one single room for me and one double room for my friends. What is horrible, the double room she told us was still occupied by a couple and we have to wait for them to check out. So my two colleagues ended up placing all their baggage on the hallway. I can't offer my room either because honestly it's very small. My room has a bed with a thick unfolded blanket on it and the bathroom does not even have tissue but all rust. We already have a destination so my friends ended up entering their room only after we're done with our day activity. When we got back to the hotel, the owner asked us for our full payment which is unusual because it was still our first night there. We only paid half as we are also very careful not to end up with no option. We asked her why we're not having the triple room which we were expecting and she started to get mad. She was explaining that the room she gave us was a lot nicer than what we booked. After 2 nights she transferred us to our triple room. Hoolah! I thought the rooms we had at first was better but it was the opposite. The room was small but it was not dark and you don't hear your neighbor watching their TV. Then she insisted on the full payment as if we're going to run away (by the way we have big luggages because we just came from another country and were all ladies). We understand that we booked a hotel in Chunking which we have already assumed would looked like this but we never thought that kind of hospitality they have. The whole stay we have there was like the owner was waiting for us to leave (but note we already paid in full). What's more irritating was when I got home, I happened to receive an email from the hotel that our booking fee was reduced. Due to slow Wifi I was not able to read that email back when we were still there. But at least the owner should have informed us that it was reduced when she keeps on insisting about our full payment. So if you're planning to book this hotel, make sure to get the room you reserved so at least the price will be worth it and don't forget to check your emails cause you might miss out their surprise deals. By the way, the helper is very kind.

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Bweyahera
Reviewed 7 January 2016

well it was my first time in Hong Kong and we decided that we would stay at the Beverly Guest House the price was good and the rooms where good as well the WiFi was strong and the staff where very nice to us the owner May was very helpful showing us where to go and places to see. and i was very close to shopping centers and trains. will be visiting again for sure thank you

Brenden Fraher

Room tip: Cheap Rooms in Hong Kong If You Are On A Budget
Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 10 November 2015 via mobile

The staff were very kind to accommodate us earlier than the expected time of check-in. They were also swift with their service and very good at keeping our rooms tidy. We were always greeted with a clean and organized room after being out the whole day. If you are a backpacker that wants quality sleep in Hong Kong, this place is for you! :)

Date of stay: February 2015