Reviews (4 777)
2 653
1 694
2 653
1 694
All reviews moko mall flower market mongkok east station ladies market grand century place food opera la scala restaurant lion rock shopping centre prince edward fa yuen street family room club floor mongkok area queen size covered walkway excellent hotel
195 - 200 of 4 777 reviews
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Pros:
All our special request are being answered and provided. We booked a family room and considered spacious for a hotel room in Hong Kong. Room are considered clean and free bottled water are refilled daily. Location is great as it’s near to the shopping area and link to Moko mall. MTR is just a few steps away and linked easily to other attractions.

Cons:
We have some difficulty finding a way out of the hotel and mall near midnight to look for some supples or food. 7 eleven closes before 12 midnight, so are the rest of the shops which closes earlier. It’s only the third day of the stay did we manage to find the bridge linking to the streets outside the mall and hotel.

In conclusion, a pleasant stay here.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
eBusiness_Team, General Manager at Royal Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Dear cheryl t

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of your time at Royal Plaza Hotel. We really appreciate hearing guests’ feedback and are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you will be back at Royal Plaza Hotel in Hong Kong in the not so distant future.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you are coming again, or if any friends would like accommodation assistance.

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

The hotel is quiet ok but for the free complimentary water is very limited. It is a 4-5 star hotel, which normally is not limit for the water. If it is a budget hotel we might understand about it. Overall the hotel is very convenience because have shuttle bus and connected to the mall and mtr.

Dear muarakalitz

Many thanks for your valuable comment. We are deeply concerned to know that we have fallen short of your expectations in some areas. Please rest assured that we will look into the issues to improve our services. I am really thankful for your feedback, and I hope to see you again soon!

Warm regards

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

First time staying in this hotel and it's good. Now I know why so many of my countrymen likes to stay here. It's really convenient and it's rooms are large.. huge in fact by Hong Kong standards.

Had 2 rooms on the 17th floor after being given complimentary upgrade due to my Expedia gold status. Requested for connecting rooms which the hotel obliged as well which was greatly appreciated.

Walking distance to the 2 main stations prince Edward and mongkok. Mongkok East station is just below the connecting mall.

Will definitely return as my kids loves the hotel as well!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
eBusiness_Team, General Manager at Royal Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Dear SeahKC

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such positive comments about Royal Plaza Hotel. We are delighted to know you enjoyed your time with us in Hong Kong.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Royal Plaza Hotel very soon.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

I am a frequent traveller to Hong Kong and have made the Royal Plaza my favourite hotel to stay at. Booking a room is simple and trouble-free since they have all my preferences in file. I was pleasantly surprised to be warmly welcomed by Artemis who is the Guest Services Manager when I checked in. It’s obvious she does try to know who the frequent customers are and tries to make their stay as enjoyable as possible. It’s the excellent customer service that keeps me coming back.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Dear johnsonlee72

Thanks so much for your wonderful review! We are happy to hear that you had a fabulous stay with us. Please come visit us again, and we look forward to welcoming you soon.

Warm regards

Reviewed 24 June 2018

I stayed in this hotel 10 years ago and I thought I would do a reprise. The location of the hotel is quite good. Tucked away in a corner of Mongkok with its own mall and train station (Mongkok East), yet connected to Mongkok itself and the Mongkok MTR station via sheltered overhead walkways. Walking to Mongkok MTR takes about 15 minutes.

The hotel lobby was very busy when I arrived. There was no sign to direct club guests so I joined the main queue where I waited for about 15 minutes which I thought was acceptable. The reception was very apologetic about it though, and the check in process was pretty fast. I was also given a list of club amenities.

The 2 club floors are perched on the highest 2 floors: 18th and 19th. The interesting thing is: the lifts only reach the 18th. Guests on the 19th have to climb a short staircase into the lounge and then exit it to access the rooms of the 19th floor. I thought this is brilliant, aside from the small inconvenience. This makes the club floor on the 19th feels very private and exclusive. The club reception which is stationed just next to the staircase is very welcoming and invites incoming guests to have a drink or have a nibble especially during happy hour. Chilled drinks, coffee and tea and cookies are available all day aside from the offerings at breakfast and happy hour. Guests especially the 19th floor ones like me usually take a seat to have a drink after coming back to catch a breath from the hot and humid excitement of Mongkok. This makes the lounge feels like a big living room, which is homely and nice.

The room is large by Hong Kong standards and looks newly renovated. I particularly like the luxurious bathroom with a separate bath and shower as well as a TV for the bath. The room has very elaborate lighting set up to create the right mood. My room faces the west and I can see all the way to Kowloon Bay. Bed was comfortable and everything worked as it should.

This hotel takes its commitments very seriously. After housekeeping is done in the morning, an inspector of sorts will visit in the afternoon to ask if everything was ok. I was also very surprised to see a wine dispenser machine in the lounge. Only F&B businesses who are serious about offering their wines in the best possible quality will use such a machine as it is not only air tight but inert gas protected. The tables are properly laid all the time and they also change about half of their dishes every night fir happy hour. At least 2 serving staff manned the lounge during breakfast and happy hour which means that plates are quickly cleared and food replenished. The staff worked quickly and seriously to make sure everything was ok. The seriousness of this hotel makes me feel assured and well taken care of.

On my last night, a Ms Kiki identified me at the lounge to ask me for feedback of my stay and my checkout needs for the next day. A very nice touch. She invited me to check out from the lounge reception instead which I did and took less than a minute.

Royal Plaza would be that kind of hotel where one can come and chill for a few nights and just completely relax and feel at home with a touch of luxury. The lounge is one of the best I have ever experienced, especially at this price point. Will come back here without a second thought.

Room Tip: Club floor 19 is the choice
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank MarioYeong
eBusiness_Team, General Manager at Royal Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Dear MarioYeong

We are very glad you enjoyed your stay with us at Royal Plaza Hotel. We love what we do, and I will be sure to pass on your compliments to our staff. We hope we have the opportunity to look after you again very soon!

Please feel free to let me know personally if you are coming again, or if any friends would like accommodation assistance.