Reviews (1 101)
1 101 results
All reviews the executive lounge managed hotel subway station main restaurant bit dated comfy bed walking distance swimming pool is high floor hotpot breakfast buffet is yangtze river noodles taxi china chinese concierge
17 - 22 of 1 101 reviews
Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

I loved the location of this Hilton. Less than 5 minutes from Lianglukou Metro which is on the 1 and 3 lines. 2 minutes to Soong Ching-Ling’s museum which is worth a quick visit. You can also walk to the People’s Park and 3 Gorges Museum. If you explore the backstreets you can find local hotpot and noodle places.

The rooms are big, but the lights at night are very dim. Sometimes had to sit at the desk to read. Executive lounge has great views over to the Grand Theatre. Lower floors miss out but you still get cityscape.

Daisy and Leonard were very helpful with instructions in Chinese for taxi drivers for me to get to Fengdu for the day. Daisy would always make sure I was ok when I walked into the hotel.

Breakfast is pretty good, but more dessert spoons are needed.

A great base to explore Chongqing.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
PR_HiltonChongqing, General Manager at Hilton Chongqing, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Chongqing. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that Daisy and Leonard was so attentive to your needs. I will be sure to share your comments with her and him. Should your travels bring you back this way, I hope that you will stay with us again. Hilton Chongqing General Manager Christina Yang

Reviewed 26 June 2018

We stayed only one night but the hotel was wonderful. Staff was very friendly and helpful and most spoke at least some English. Room was very clean, comfortable and spacious. The hotel overall is what you would expect of any Hilton around the world.

The only caution I have is that if you don’t speak Mandarin and want to take a taxi to the hotel, be prepared and have the address written in Chinese. We had two taxi drivers who did not speak English and we’re not familiar with the hotel or the Hilton name.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
PR_HiltonChongqing, General Manager at Hilton Chongqing, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Thank you for your recent stay at Hilton Chongqing. I hope you found a world of style, service and connections during your stay, and that you felt the freedom to truly be yourself when you were with us. Thank you for your business and reply, and I hope to see you again soon. Hilton Chongqing General Manager, Christina Yang

Reviewed 31 May 2018

I have stayed in the hotel for only a day in a business trip. The property is rather old and typical of those older grand hotels you see in china. Facilities like gym and swimming pool are small and notting to shout about. You can still smell cigarettes in some common areas but this is usual in places like Chongqing.

However, I still have a good stay. The service is excellent and the staff are friendly and helpful. The room is big, clean and comfortable. The location is where I need.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
PR_HiltonChongqing, General Manager at Hilton Chongqing, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Thank you for your recent stay at Hilton Chongqing. I hope you found a world of style, service and connections during your stay, and that you felt the freedom to truly be yourself when you were with us. Thank you for your business, and I hope to see you again soon. Hilton Chongqing General Manager, Christina Yang

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Stayed overnight on our tour of China, room small and dark, even with lights on. Condition of room very poor, paper falling from wall, filthy marked carpets, that were so thin you could feel uneven floor if not wearing shoes. Room smelt of cigaretes, but worst was the black mold around the sink edge, under the woktop. Breakfast was of a reasonable quality, but overall would not recommend.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
PR_HiltonChongqing, Manager at Hilton Chongqing, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for staying with us and taking your time to share your recent experience in our hotel.

We apologize that we did not reach your expectation during your stay. As for the issues you mentioned, those have been well addressed to the related head of departments. We'll make improvements on areas to deliver guest with an exceptional experience. Thank you once again for your precious support to us. We are looking forward to welcome you back and try our best to make sure you have a pleasant stay!

Christina Yang
General Manager - Hilton Chongqing

Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

This is a nice hotel in the older built up area of Chongqing. It presents well, albeit it’s an older building. I booked an executive floor room and on arrival at 10 am I met a professional and helpful concierge, followed by a friendly, fast and efficient reception - well done. As requested, the room was on a high floor, but sadly it was between two rooms with noisy children that one could hear through the bedroom wall. Thankfully, this only lasted one day, and eliminated the need to change rooms. The bathroom is nice and ammenities are standard. The airconditioning is adequate, though the fan is a little noisy. House keeping is very good and the room was clean, as expected in a Hilton hotel.
The executive floor club started off as being nice and professional but an incident during a business meeting marred the experience. However, thanks to Hanna, the guest services duty manager, the matter was quickly addressed. The club provides a generally peaceful environment and a reasonable breakfast, though the evening cocktails experience is barely adequate. Hot food is served barely warm to cold. Drinks are limited and soft drinks are generally warm - moreover, a hostess served me a coke in a coffee cup! The executive club staff vary from nice and friendly, to well...! Overall the executive club experience is three stars and not 4-5 as it should be.
The main restaurant on level two offers greater choices during breakfast than the executive level, but it’s also more noisy, though the staff are nice and friendly. The bakery section isn’t bad but other areas tend vary in quality and there is room for improvement given this is a Hilton!
The hotel’s location is good with easy access to many services, transportation, restaurants and shopping areas.
Overall, this is a nice Hilton hotel that provided a reasonable three-plus star experience, but it could make four with a little more attention. Thank you.

Date of stay: April 2018