Reviews (1 835)
1 835 results
1 095
1 095
All reviews forbidden city aston martin lei garden floor to ceiling windows star hotel concierge desk beautiful hotel breakfast buffet executive room subway station hotel restaurants wangfujing street four nights lobby bar the club lounge location is excellent the air conditioning
17 - 22 of 1 835 reviews
Reviewed 7 November 2018

Stayed for 3 nights. Staff are friendly and helpful especially in the breakfast restaurant. From the front desk staff I would expect a better level of English but once again they are helpful. Left my I pad in the room by mistake and was impressed to find it exactly where I had left it, so cleaning staff are very honest. The hotel fell short on the issue of maintenance, our room looked very beat up with scratches on all the wood work and mould in some areas of the bath room. I feel that is not acceptable for a hotel of this level. Also the air-conditioning did not work properly so we had to tolerate heat of 24C in the room which made for uncomfortable sleeping conditions. The room which has no windows to open, smelled of old smoke and stale air. I was somewhat disappointed expecting more from the Regent Hotel group

• Trip type: Travelled with family
UliA57, Resident Manager at Regent Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear HampshireRoadrunner,
thank for you for sharing your comments and suggestions with us. Please accept my apologies for the maintenance issues you experienced in your room. I have highlighted them with our engineering department. The hotel is right now in the planning phase of a refurbishment program of all our guest rooms, to commence in 2019. The hotel's rooms do have windows to open on the side of each of the floor to ceiling window panes. I am sorry that your room's temperature was higher than you are used to. We hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back.

Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

This hotel is exceptional. The efficiency and friendliness of the from desk staff is superb. The decor of the hotel is great and the rooms are very well appointed.
Their breakfast buffet is unbelievable - I have been to several four and five star hotels in Asia but have never seen a breakfast buffet like this one.

Dear 14Jamaica2017,
thank you very much for choosing Regent for your recent stay in Beijing and thank you for your kind words and encouraging comments. I am pleased to see you had a wonderful time and hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 3 November 2018 via mobile

We were in Beijing for two nights as my wife has relatives living there. We picked the Regent due to reasonable pricing and central location. Room is fine. Our room was on 12th floor directly over a busy street. So traffic noise may be an issue. Depends on your sensitivity to noise and room location. Had no problems with hotel, but my wife thought she smelled cigarette odors even though it’s a non-smoking hotel. They brought an air purifier to room and cracked open the windows. That seemed to fix the issue for her.

Dear RockiesResident,
thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us at Regent Beijing and hope you had a good time with your relatives. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 1 November 2018

I love this hotel! It is honestly one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in! The service in the lounge was amazing! The only complaint would be people were very greedy during the cocktail hour and there was never enough food, so the food should have been replenished more to accommodate everyone. Or they should tell people that it is not supposed to be for dinner.
The gym is great and the well equipped with a sauna and warm baths.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
UliA57, Resident Manager at Regent Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2018

Dear Brandi B,
thank you very much for sharing your comments and feedback with us. I am glad to see you had a great time with us at Regent Beijing. Our beds are indeed very comfortable and I am happy to see you got a good night sleep and were able to explore the city. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 31 October 2018 via mobile

Spent 4 nights here and the facilities we used were what one would expect - no problems there. However, our room was on front of hotel, 10th floor, but with the outside wall of the room being completely glass it did not filter out the buses/lorries pulling away from the traffic lights, nor any loose manhole cover being driven over. For some there would not be an issue, but for us we live in a quiet neighbourhood so notice these things a bit more. Leaving at-con on full all night helped to mitigate things.
Mentioning on check-out, there are apparently garden facing rooms, so suggest any light sleepers ask for one of those.

Tried on 2 nights to eat at main restaurant - first time when we said we wanted something light we were pointed towards the Italian restaurant in hotel (meal ok but nothing special). 2nd time we were told there was no a la carte, the girl on the desk holding some green tickets, but never got to the bottom of that. This was good news for us as we went to lobby on first floor and had very enjoyable Spaghetti Bolognese!

Dear Mervyn D,
thank you for taking the time to share your detailed review. I am happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us and you tried our various food and beverage options. You recommendation to ask for a garden facing room is indeed valuable for other travelers who are sensitive to noise. The central location of our hotel and the fact that Beijing in no area is a quiet place, makes this a good idea for sure and our colleagues at reception are happy to allocate rooms facing the garden if needed.
I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back when your travels bring you to Beijing again.