Reviews (1 921)
1 922 results
1 481
1 481
All reviews residence club rooftop bar forbidden city great hotel walking distance club room upgraded to a suite breakfast and dinner excellent stay living room star hotel concierge staff tianamen square modern hotel chinese restaurant rooms are large taxi driver
256 - 261 of 1 922 reviews
Reviewed 31 December 2017

Overall I give this place a 4 out of 5 as it’s mostly pretty awesome.

I’ll give you the “good” and ‘not so good” as experienced by my husband and I during our 9-day stay in December 2017.

The good:

The hotel itself is impeccable. 5 star luxury. The entrance lobby itself blew us away. It’s pure decadence.
We booked a Residence Club Room on level 10. This gave us a pass to the Residence Club itself. Definitely go for this slightly pricier option if you intend to have a hearty breakfast every morning and drinks/dinner every evening between 5:30pm and 7:30pm. We took advantage of both these options and ate and drank to our hearts content.
The rooms are just magnificent. Ours was bigger than most apartments we’ve lived in, with a separate lounge and dining area, ample storage, 2 televisions, huge super king size bed and total blackout curtains.
Within the hotel premises you can find 3 more restaurants including a rooftop bar/club on 12th floor which doubles up as a salsa night on Saturdays. Lots of fun to watch.
There is a magnificent pool, jacuzzi pool and steam room facilities on level 3. We were lucky to have this area completely to ourselves on the occasions we went there. There is also a very well equipped gym if you’re inclined to exercise while you’re there.
The concierge desk are very helpful and can arrange tours and outings for you at discounted rates, although we had already booked ours previously with other operators.
If you need to exchange money you can do this at the front desk. You’ll get the exact same rate as the banks offer so it’s super convenient.
Our highlight was the Residence Club. They make a mean vodka soda and they keep em coming for as long as you want between 5:30 and 7:30pm. The ladies who work here are super helpful and polite. The food is also pretty awesome.
The location of the hotel is not bad. It’s a 5 min walk to a station which will get you most places. It’s a 15 min walk to Temple of Heaven. And slightly longer to other main attractions. You kind of have to walk a bit to get to shops and attractions but otherwise the location is pretty central to everything.

The not so good:

Our first gripe was the hard mattress on the bed. Our backs were aching after two nights. However as soon as we mentioned it to the front desk they replaced the whole mattress for a more “western” softness. Only wish I’d mentioned it sooner. So pleased the rest of our stay was on a super comfy mattress. So if you’re not from Asia chances are you’ll want the softer mattress. Just ask for it upfront.
As mentioned the rooms were large and plentiful and the cleaners came round every day to clean up and replace towels, etc however they always seemed to forget or miss the lounge/dining area so the bowl of fruit that was there from when we arrived was rotting and smelling by the time we left, and the dishes from an earlier room breakfast were still there after 2 days. If I’d called I’m sure they would’ve sorted this out immediately but we didn’t bother as we were about to leave.
We were on the 10th floor but our view was of a huge construction site in front of us that looks like it’ll go on for years to come. Although it did provide us with curious attention it would have been nice to look at something else. Perhaps when you book ask for a room that doesn’t overlook the construction.
There is free WiFi but be reminded that Facebook, Google and other social sites are banned in China. There are ways around this so look it up before you get here. WiFi at the hotel is pretty slow which is annoying but for an extra cost you can pay for faster service! That should just be included right?
We know laundry prices are expensive in hotels but for a few pieces of underwear and Tshirts we paid around $150 Aussie dollars to get them done. My suggestion is don’t stay so long in Beijing or find a laundromat. Unless you’re minted in which case go for your life.
Finally - and this is no fault of the hotel - but seriously don’t stay in Beijing longer than 5 or 6 days tops. We felt like we were in Groundhog day. The hotel food is on rotation and every 3rd day you’ll be back to the start. The staff were even bored of us after a few days (not that they looked it that’s just my assumption). The view became so mundane that we kept the curtains closed. We had seen all the sights we could stomach and eaten enough roast duck to throw a chicken at. In short, if you’re holidaying, make sure you plan your itinerary properly and don’t “wing it” like we did as you’ll end up missing a lot given the sheer size of China and end up staying in a fabulous hotel for a little too long.

My final verdict: Definitely stay here. It’s awesome. Just take a glance of the ‘not so good’ list to prep yourself.

Room Tip: Get a Residence Club Room on Level 10, facing AWAY from the construction site.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank themusicexperience
Reviewed 29 December 2017

The hotel staff are very friendly and were able to help with tours and site seeing. The location is great, its walking distance to a lot of sites, the forbidden kingdom and temple of heaven. There is a mall close by and lots of good restaurants. The Pearl market is also within walking distance.The room was very spacious and clean. the restaurant had options and the food was good. Great stay.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

Nice and modern hotel with a fancy roof top bar. Comfortable and nice breakfast restaurant. Only minus is the beds which are way too hard. Overall a nice place I can recommend. Walking distance to the forbidden city and temple of heaven which both are must do' when in Beijing.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 December 2017

I stayed three days there. I really like the convenient location in this area. I can basically walk around to several attractions. Lisa, one of the front desk staff has helped me a lot since my old room got some problem. She immediately helped me. I am so grateful for that. I have a great time here.

Room Tip: Higher floor has a nicer view.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

Perfectly located centrally to access all Beijing has to offer. With restaurants nearby and just around the corner. This hotel is beautifully presented and appointed. With luxurious rooms and a wonderful pool, spa and steam room. We stayed a week to be able to get to all Beijing's attractions and were upgraded. Very helpful and polite english speaking staff. Up there with the best hotels we have stayed at.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple