All reviews birds nest stadium olympic park cigarette smoke continental breakfast nice hotel hotel is located english speaking staff convention communication district
Reviewed 5 May 2018

Started with poor reception and proceeded downhill. Room was cramped and excessively hot. Air conditioning system was not activated and no fans were available. With the window open traffic noise from the street was sometimes annoying. Generally, the staff seemed aloof or apathetic. Breakfast area had insufficient seating and just trying to get coffee was an ordeal. The only plus for this hotel is the location. It's adjacent to the National Stadium (Birdsnest) and Olympic Park which offer some pleasant diversions.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gord T
Reviewed 9 April 2018

Hotel is located in the Olympic district with a nice view on the Bird’s Nest (depending on your room). Accessibility of public transport is not that good, but there are caps available. Check-In was fast and worked well; the communication in English was easily possible. The rooms were clean and neat, but have seen better days. The breakfast buffet was adequate although the selection of continental breakfast could have been greater. I really appreciated the late checkout time though (2pm).

Totally sufficient for a short stay.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Next to the Olympic Stadium, The Birds nest. That is one of the only good things. The Shower door opened up into the sink and you could hardly get into the shower. Laundry cost me $100.00 American $ for 1pair of jeans, 1 T Shirt, 1 bra, and 1 shirt. Ridiculous. The buffet did not have enough seating and you spent most of your allotted breakfast time looking for a seat. No help from staff. Service was not good. 2 coffee makers that made 1 cup each were crowded and on the blink most of the time. The food was just ok. This was not the hotel originally booked by our tour group, Sinorama as the Chinese Government took over our bookings for themselves. Hotel would not accept my credit card for laundry service and told me to go borrow money from my friends. My credit card is one I have had for 30 years and is quite valid. Their credit card machine did not work and I found NO HUMOR in being told to borrow from my friends. Fortunately, I had enough cash and it was my last day. I do not recommend this hotel.

Room tip: Don't choose any room here
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank sandygreenberg
Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

The hotel is located right next to Olympic Park, we could see the Birds Nest Sports Arena from our window! The hotel is nice and modern. Stinks terribly of cigarette smoke though! The Chinese men do not respect the no smoking signs! The food choices at the breakfast buffet were many, very diffeicult to get a cocktail though!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 November 2017

This hotel was chosen for our group by Sinarama and at 1st we were very worried because the 1st list showed a hotel #128 best and they then substituted it for the Catic at #1650 best so i drew up a long list of comarrisons between the 2 ,all rejected so we stayed here for 3 nights. Claims of impossible to cross the road outside, nonsence just cross at the many traffic lights. Staff don't speak english, enough do and every member of staff gave all of our group 105%, the main girl of 3 on reception was very clear and understandable, when we dined one evening we just pointed to the clear pictures on the menu which had clear engligh descriptions, when we speak a couple of evenings in the lobby bar we just went up and pointed to the bottles of barcardi and Gin, he wasnt sure about the mixers but just asked the main reception girl to clarify and she did,wish the english speaking staff in others hotels were as good as these guys were so helpful.The breakfast was very good, had the usual eggs and bacon, plenty of asian, waffles, quality fresh juices and as good as most 5 star hotels. All our rooms were all large, super comfy beds and pillows, spotlessly clean and we had a great 70% view of the Birds nest stadium from our windows. Very good large shopping centre, food halls 10-15 mins walk arround the corner. Only compliant that stands water is it a long way out of town for sight seeing but they never claim to be anywhere else and surely its the guest that should be checking the location before booking. We all had a great stay and give it a full 5 star rating

Room tip: they all look good , facing the back is the birds nest stadium
Date of stay: November 2017