All reviews workers stadium airport express minute walk self service laundry peking duck restaurant sanlitun area walking distance small gym noodles subway station wifi connection breakfast was included chinese dishes western food convenience store stayed at this hotel for nights late check
Reviewed 2 October 2018

I have stayed at this hotel six times in the last two years. It is a standard holiday inn express hotel with exact same rooms and bathrooms like all of them. I really like this hotel because it is the only decently priced good hotel near sanlitun and that is why I keep coming back. However, unfortunately I feel like in my last few visits every time its been dissapointing me. The staff is not as good as it used to be, the rooms are getting dirtier and worst of all is the wifi, as last time I had to change my room twice because there were almost no wifi signals in my room.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank WL911
GraceZ180, 客户关系经理 at Holiday Inn Express Beijing Dongzhimen, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Dear Guest:
Thank you for choosing to stay in our hotel and share your comments.I am very sorry to see that this check-in failed to meet your expectations. we deeply apologize! Rest assured that we want to make the room cleaning and hygiene. We improve the necessary services to provide all our guests with an excellent experience while staying wit us. We will constantly monitor the network to ensure the smooth operation of the network. However, if there are major political activities in Beijing, there will be restrictions on the international network. Please understand!We hope you'd give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is, and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again. Thank you!

Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

Recently I stayed at Holiday Inn Express Beijing Dongzhimen for 6 nights for my holiday. I chose this hotel due to its good review and resonable price.

The best thing about this hotel is it’s housekeeping. They are very meticulous in their cleaning and always replenish the water and toiletries. I always look forward to coming back after a long day of sightseeing to a spotless room. Made me feel like I just checked in everyday.

Also, they have soft and hard pillows to choose from. And wifi connection in the toom is good.

The staff are very helpful. As tickets for the Forbidden City can only be bought in advance online, an intern at the front desk help us with with purchase with his own local mobile phone number (which is required).

As our flight out was at night, they were able to hold our luggage with them after we checked out till we leave for the airport, so that we could still do some exploring on the last day.

Breakfast which was included in our stay was on the 2nd floor. It has a wide selection of eastern and western fare. They gave me containers to pack food on the day I had to rush off early for my great wall trip so that I don’t have to go without breakfast.

Atmosphere at the lobby was comfortable, with some exceptional art display by local artists.

The street that the hotel is situated is lively with good food options.

I also felt safe and secure in the hotel, as well as its surroundings. A cool shopping mall, Taiguli is a mere 15mins walk away.

The only con I can find fault with is its distance to the nearest mrt station, Dongsishitiao, which felt like a 15mins walk. Can be tiresome for to and fro everyday (many eateries on the way though).

But with so many pros, its still value for money to stay here. I recommend this hotel for your holiday.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
GraceZ180, 客户关系经理 at Holiday Inn Express Beijing Dongzhimen, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Dear Guests,
Thank you for choosing to stay in our hotel and leave your comments.I am very glad to see your recognition of our staff and service.
Hotel is located in Dongzhimen, near the spring show on the road, adjacent to the Dongzhimen transport hub, near a Oriental Ginza, raffles and, sanlitun Pacific place businesses, and other well-known hotel geographical position is superior, convenient transportation. I hope your journey will be more fulfilling.The Holiday Inn Express for many quality facilities according to the global standard of intercontinental hotels. Comfortable and soft imported mattress, soft and hard pillow, brand quality cloth grass, these all reflect the hotel's care for guests quality sleep quality, hope you can have a good sleep quality in the hotel.We always aim to provide the guests with satisfactory occupancy experience, and we will be glad to see you again with more thoughtful and considerate service. Good luck with your work! Happy life!

Reviewed 27 September 2018

Hotel provided everything we needed at a very reasonable price. Breakfast was included in the price and offered huge choices. Staff were always helpful. The room was comfortable with a good bed and bathroom - there was some road noise through the night. Beijing is a huge city so most of the sites of interest are some distance apart from each other. 2 underground railways are not too far away. Although the Airport Express goes directly to one of these, Dongzhimen, I am glad that we opted for a taxi because it is a bit of a walk with luggage and steps etc and the roads are quite disorienting. I imagine it would be v difficult to pick up a taxi from the subway. There are many places to eat nearby. The hotel arranged for a driver to take us to the Great Wall at Mutianyu, The driver helped us to buy the correct tickets for the entrance and cable car etc, and he waited for our return. Taxis are easily accessed from the hotel but the underground system is quicker for longer journeys and easy to navigate. We particularly liked the Dashilar and Quinmen area

Stayed: September 2018
GraceZ180, 客户关系经理 at Holiday Inn Express Beijing Dongzhimen, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2018

Dear Guest:
Thank you for your feedback and we are pleased to learn that you have enjoyed your stay and that we were able to provide you with a memorable experience. Is a great pleasure for you like our location. • Hotel is located in Dongzhimen, near the spring show on the road, adjacent to the Dongzhimen transport hub, near a Oriental Ginza, raffles and, sanlitun Pacific place businesses, and other well-known hotel geographical position is superior, convenient transportation. I hope your journey will be more fulfilling.We hope to have an opportunity to serve you again in the near future.
Thanks for your approval and praise to our hotel. We are looking forward to your coming again! May your family be happy! Work well! Healthy!

Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

This was a lovely hotel in Beijing. We stayed overnight before heading to another city via train. The hotel is modern and clean. Rooms are fairly small but nice. There are wall mounted hair dryers. Staff was friendly. Breakfast was included. There was a cute little outdoor garden o decorated with contemporary pop art.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
GraceZ180, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Beijing Dongzhimen, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your hotel reviews, we are also concerned .I am very glad to see your recognition .excellent geographical location is one of our advantages, the hotel is close to Dongzhimen transport hub, the transportation is convenient, the surrounding catering entertainment and make your journey more add a flavor, abundant nutritional breakfast provided by the hotel, the high quality sleep, chang shuang bath, high-speed network such as the premium services,We hope to have the opportunity to stay in our hotel again.
Wish you a happy life! Family happiness!

Reviewed 20 September 2018

I would say that the reviews for this hotel are spot-on. This is a strong four-star hotel when you consider the value, location and sleep quality. I have numerous short trips planned for Beijing and will always consider this hotel first.

The hotel is easy to get to. Simply take the airport train from Beijing airport until you get to Dongzhimen Station. The hotel is walking distance. I see numerous opinions relative to the walk to the train station. I show the walk to be eight tenths of a mile or 1.3 kilometers. The walk is pleasant, and you will pass numerous shops, bars and eateries along the way. The train station is next to Giza Mall and I would highly recommend one of the eateries therein.

The hotel is in a working-class neighborhood near a convenience store, numerous restaurants and a few bars. The hotel surprised me. The lobby was five-star quality and I liked the back-yard’s waterfall, seating area and colorful lite bicycles. The check-in was quick, and the staff was professional. The workers in the hotel were friendly and courteous, the hotel was clean, and the only thing I longed for was an ice machine, but, truth to tell, this is abnormal in Beijing.

I thought the rooms were exactly the size of a standard room that you would find in the United States. There are no views to speak of, but the windows opened, mosquito nets are attached. You are provided a hit water kettle, tea, coffee, nice quality towel and a comfortable bed.

The internet deserves its own paragraph, albeit a brief one. The internet leaves a lot to be desired. The speed is intermittent between average and slow. I would highly recommend a VPN and lots of patience.

The only complaint has nothing to do with the hotel, it has to do with hotel guests. Many smoke in the hallway or at the end of each floor in a smoking area without first closing the door as asked. There is nothing you can do about it, but it is disappointing that folks would not follow the rules in this really nice hotel.

I thought breakfast was especially nice. The eating area was airy, the staff very welcoming and breakfast was more like brunch in that many breakfast and lunch choices are provided.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank CHOCOOLATE
GraceZ180, 客户关系经理 at Holiday Inn Express Beijing Dongzhimen, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing to stay in Holiday inn Express Beijing Dongzhimen and share your experience.The hotel room is warm and comfortable, the style is fashionable and simple, clean and tidy, cost-effective,I am very glad to see you have a good experience in the hotel. Thank you very much for your question.We will pay attention and improve.We are committed to providing guests with a good experience at during the period of stay in.We hope to have the opportunity to stay in our hotel again.Wish you a happy life! Family happiness!