All reviews the silicon valley area renmin university peking university chinese restaurant business trip great lobby breakfast buffet club lounge close to subway station room service pizza hut separate shower summer palace stayed here for a week main restaurant business hotel beijing traffic
Reviewed 17 September 2018

This hotel is super about automatically upgrading members. The buffets have a huge variety of local fare like dumplings, hot pot, crepes, and often duck. The staff try very hard to make customers happy. Guests are required to wear a swim cap in the pool. They sell guests swim caps for $13USD each.

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed 2 September 2018

A perfectly functional business hotel but no wow factor here. Rooms are clean but have that distinct smokey / Beijing air smell. A huge lobby but only a very small bar area to sit in which seems a waste and the restaurant is very dark and gloomy and felt very sad to eat alone in there. Clean and convenient but not much more than that.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Charlotte N
Sherry Z, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Beijing Zhongguancun, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

Dear Charlotte,

Thank you for choosing The Crowne Plaza Beijing Zhongguancun and for sharing your feedback on your recent stay. We are disappointed to know that your stay did not provide the customer service we usually pride ourselves in. Please accept our apologies. Charlotte, your feedback is essential to our efforts to continually refine and improve our hotel service and I would like to assure you that we will take necessary actions to rectify the shortfall.

We hope that will not deter you from staying with us again and look forward to welcoming you back. Wishing you safe travels and stay well.

Cherry Liu
Public Relations Manager

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

I was in Beijjng for a conference and stayed at this hotel for a week. The room was clean, comfortable and spacious. Everyone at the hotel was friendly and helpful. The gym and sauna were a plus, although I could use the gym only twice. Breakfast is also very good; they have a variety of foods. I highly recommend it. It is 10 minutes from two subway stops for those who use the subway.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 17 August 2018

This was my first trip to Beijing. I just joined the IHG rewards program and got a free welcome drink upon check in, in addition to the special lane. This hotel has two restaurants, one Italian and one Chinese. The room I got had a huge king bed. The usual toiletries were provided: lotion, shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, soap, hygiene kit. Coffee and tea making facilities were also available. The room had a work desk, a TV and a spacious bathroom. The room was enormous. WIFI was unpredictable and unstable. Wired connection is available for laptops. The TV had limited channels. My only complaint here is the aircon. It was very hot. I called for assistance on most of the seven days of my stay but there was no improvement. At times, I had to fan myself to sleep. I worked during the day so I did not want the inconvenience of moving to another room. My room had a great view too. This hotel is a 15-minute walk from the malls and supermarket, Pizza Hut and McDonald's. Yoshinoya was 2 or 3 blocks away.Shout out to the front desk staff who went out of their way each time we had to book a ride.

Room tip: Check if the aircon is working
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

Had to stay in this part of Beijing and this hotel was the one we chose. Room was spacious and breakfast much better than average and included in my rate.
However while lobby and restaurant seemed newly done, our room was old and well worn, but to top it off, the ac didn’t work and the daytime temps were over 30 during our stay.
Also while friendly, desk staff seemed too lazy to speak English and chose to speak to my wife in Chinese instead during checkin even though I was speaking to them in English.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple