“Opposites Attract (in fact the opposite)”
Review of The Opposite House

The Opposite House
Ranked #2 of 6 547 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

All the gripes I normally have about hotels were all in place here; its unusual for a place to totally share your philosophy ; great check in manager who really cared about your every need, nothing too much trouble.

Initially I was a little disappointed that there was no outside terrace and the large one I found on the 5th floor was for the exclusive use of a couple of rooms. I also didn't know to the last day that some rooms had balconies; if I had known... a missed opportunity for a very well designed hotel

The whole place has a cool vibe with young guys doing the concierge and front of house functions
Was odd to see one of the 'Experience Managers' was an English Guy ; made it feel even more at home in a slightly modern colonial sort of way!

Love the village cafe for breakfast
And the Duck restaurant for Dinner on my last night

The rooms were serviced very well with copious extras
They had quite complicated lighting and was very disorientated on my first morning, when Jet lagged ; i thought lights had come on from under the blinds; it was the sun !

Its very good value if you compare internationally with other cities

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank jonworld
Mark P, General Manager at The Opposite House, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear tritonfilms,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback about your recent experience at our House and recommending us to the TripAdvisor community!

Your well thought out review is amazing, we are so happy your time in our "House" was enjoyable. The rooms with terraces you discovered on the fifth floor are our Suites and Penthouse. Village Cafe and Jing Yaa Tang are thrilled with your dining experience feedback. We are all awaiting your return to see us!!!

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly in the future if I may assist with any reservations here at The Opposite House or other Swire Hotels. I look forward to personally welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is the best hotel to stay in while in Beijing. It's in a great area. The hotel is unique but very clean and accommodating, and the restaurants are fantastic. So is the service. I will always stay there in the future.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank tritonfilms

Dear tritonfilms,

Your kind comments are very well received, we cannot wait to welcome you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is a beautiful hotel that makes you feel comfortable and at ease during your stay. I recommend it vividly. It would be nice if personnel would speak more English, but they compensate their lack of command in the language with their courtesy and good disposition.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank alicia m

Dear Alicia M,

Thrilled you had a great stay with us Alicia and thank you for the recommendation.
Our team really do their utmost to ensure our guests have a wonderful stay and we look forward to seeing you again very soon

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Amazing hotel in a fun location with a plethora of bars and restaurants. Really helpful staff, delicious in-house breakfast and dim sum and a free mini bar! Overall a very relaxing and special experience. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Venetia H

Dear Venetia H,

Love you enjoyed your time with us!! The "House" and team are looking forward to seeing you again very soon!!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Location is perfect, rooms are pure form with white walls and wood plus glass elements (plus crude, wooden floors). I have never slept as well in a hotel as I always do here, regardless of the room I get.

Room Tip: Best rooms are on higher floors and facing the mall (not the street).