“Stylish and understated”
Review of The Opposite House

The Opposite House
Ranked #2 of 6 556 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Amazing hotel in a fun location with a plethora of bars and restaurants. Really helpful staff, delicious in-house breakfast and dim sum and a free mini bar! Overall a very relaxing and special experience. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Venetia H
Mark P, General Manager at The Opposite House, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Venetia H,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback about your recent experience at our House and recommending us to the TripAdvisor community!

Love you enjoyed your time with us!! The "House" and team are looking forward to seeing you again very soon!!!

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly in the future if I may assist with any reservations here at The Opposite House or other Swire Hotels. I look forward to personally welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Location is perfect, rooms are pure form with white walls and wood plus glass elements (plus crude, wooden floors). I have never slept as well in a hotel as I always do here, regardless of the room I get.

Room Tip: Best rooms are on higher floors and facing the mall (not the street).
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Jakub K

Dear Jakub K,

Your comfortable bed is waiting for you in your Beijing "Home"
Looking forward to welcoming you back very soon!!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We stayed two nights at the hotel, one night either side of a 7 day trek on the China Wall. When we returned after the trek it was like coming back home, the staff were warm and friendly. All of the reception staff spoke English well, helped us to organise taxis, massages and complicated bill arrangements - nothing was a bother. Paul helped to make us all feel special too. I would definitely go back again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Katie O

Dear Katie O,

We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us, the team often reminisce about having you and your wonderful friends staying with us. We do hope you come back very soon

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

The epitome of cool, this fabulous hotel is stylish, comfortable and supremely luxurious but isn't at all pretentious. The staff couldn't have been more friendly or helpful and we enjoyed every second of our stay. Great location too.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank AdeleRosiBrunner

Dear AdeleRosiBrunner,

Wonderful to know you enjoyed your stay with us and your comments are very much appreciated, please come and visit us soon!!!

Reviewed 16 September 2017

Five stars all round, the art work was fun. The staff were extremely helpful. Best breakfast I had eaten in a while. Lovely rooms with comfy beds. Great location and lots of shops and restaurants nearby. We will be back.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank lduncan628

Dear iduncan628,

Your comments on Village Cafe breakfast have been passed to them and we will certainly look forward to having you back "Home" with us very soon.