“Art lacks in the middle of sanlitun”
Review of The Opposite House

The Opposite House
Ranked #2 of 6 568 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed 13 September 2017

This hotel is a peaceful site in Beijing . The rooms are very generous clean and comfortable.the staff are attentive and there is a fine breakfast cafe in the lobby offering tables both inside and out. Open access free mini bar offers late night choices.Taxis are not an issue in this city where traffic is chaotic. Quiet location despite the busy night bars along the outside road good shopping nearby.
Highly recommend this accomodation.

Room Tip: Low rise hotel with all rooms offering fantastic accommodation
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Catconn123
Mark P, General Manager at The Opposite House, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Dear Catconn123,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback about your recent experience at our House and recommending us to the TripAdvisor community!

So happy to hear you found the hotel an oasis in the busy city that Beijing is. Breakfast inside or outside is always a great way to start your day and happy to know you were comfortable in your room.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly in the future if I may assist with any reservations here at The Opposite House or other Swire Hotels. I look forward to personally welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

My first time here and will certainly not be the last! Modern and chic room with a Japanese zen feeling to it, it makes a hotel stay a more home-like experience. I appreciate the personalized hand-written notes and dropping the face mask and the hand cream in the room - that was a nice touch :)

I stayed in the standard room and it already feels very spacious. It has the minimalist design (feels like you are staying in a Muji store), but NOT cold and pretentious. A lot of times these urban hotels are style over substance, but not The Opposite House.

The Chinese restaurant at the hotel also has yummy food.

Would definitely recommend this hotel to others!!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Dear minmin,

Wonderful that you loved the hotel design, Kengo Kuma really has done a wonderful job. Jing Yaa Tang is definitely a wonderful dining experience. We certainly hope to see you back very soon.

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

It was my third time to stay with The Opposite House. When I arrived, the team welcomed me like an old friend by addressing my name, taking me to the room and even planning my trip. Studio 70 was very spacious with simple design. very luxury, comfort and relaxing. I will come back next time for sure.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Kevin194999

Dear Kevin194999,

Always amazing to see your smiling face coming back "Home" to visit us Kevin. The team are looking forward to seeing you again very soon!!

Reviewed 5 September 2017

We loved it! 3 families with 5 kids (from 6 to 8y old) travelling 4 days in a large city was quite a challenge. We were lucky to be recommended The Opposite House. Our stay was perfect, the staff is super helpful, kind and patient. Rooms are amazingly large, quiet and bright, beds are over the top. Last but not least, there is a large pool, a welcomed oasis after tiring visits. And the outdoor terrace is great for quick lunches or drinks. Many restaurants, shops and bars are at walking distance and the area is safe and neat. PERFECT CHOICE!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Nicolas H

Dear Nicolas H,

We loved having your family and friends with us for your Beijing trip. It was so good to catch up with you all on a daily basis and hear your stories of discovering Beijing. Hope to see you all again very soon.

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Favourite spot: the terrace of the village cafe, right next to the street, separated by a line of bamboo plants. Perfect way to relax on a Saturday afternoon and get totally zen.

Staff: amazingly nice.

Ambiance: great.

.... And get one of their semi electric bikes to discover the city!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Huibert74

Dear Huibert74,

All the staff are looking forward to welcoming you "Home" very soon. Your spot on the terrace will be waiting for you.