The Opposite House
New World Beijing Hotel(Beijing)
US$239
US$313
Priceline
Reviews (1 159)
1 159 results
All reviewsjing yaa tangvillage cafewooden bathtubface maskcomplimentary minibarkengo kumahand creamminimalist designstudio roomguest experienceassistant directoran art gallerysister hotelsanlitun arearestaurants and barsboutique hotelyour doorstep
219 - 224 of 1 159 reviews
Reviewed 13 September 2017

My first time here and will certainly not be the last! Modern and chic room with a Japanese zen feeling to it, it makes a hotel stay a more home-like experience. I appreciate the personalized hand-written notes and dropping the face mask and the hand cream in the room - that was a nice touch :)

I stayed in the standard room and it already feels very spacious. It has the minimalist design (feels like you are staying in a Muji store), but NOT cold and pretentious. A lot of times these urban hotels are style over substance, but not The Opposite House.

The Chinese restaurant at the hotel also has yummy food.

Would definitely recommend this hotel to others!!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Mark P, General Manager at The Opposite House, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Dear minmin,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback about your recent experience at our House and recommending us to the TripAdvisor community!

Wonderful that you loved the hotel design, Kengo Kuma really has done a wonderful job. Jing Yaa Tang is definitely a wonderful dining experience. We certainly hope to see you back very soon.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly in the future if I may assist with any reservations here at The Opposite House or other Swire Hotels. I look forward to personally welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

It was my third time to stay with The Opposite House. When I arrived, the team welcomed me like an old friend by addressing my name, taking me to the room and even planning my trip. Studio 70 was very spacious with simple design. very luxury, comfort and relaxing. I will come back next time for sure.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Kevin194999

Dear Kevin194999,

Always amazing to see your smiling face coming back "Home" to visit us Kevin. The team are looking forward to seeing you again very soon!!

Reviewed 5 September 2017

We loved it! 3 families with 5 kids (from 6 to 8y old) travelling 4 days in a large city was quite a challenge. We were lucky to be recommended The Opposite House. Our stay was perfect, the staff is super helpful, kind and patient. Rooms are amazingly large, quiet and bright, beds are over the top. Last but not least, there is a large pool, a welcomed oasis after tiring visits. And the outdoor terrace is great for quick lunches or drinks. Many restaurants, shops and bars are at walking distance and the area is safe and neat. PERFECT CHOICE!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Nicolas H

Dear Nicolas H,

We loved having your family and friends with us for your Beijing trip. It was so good to catch up with you all on a daily basis and hear your stories of discovering Beijing. Hope to see you all again very soon.

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Favourite spot: the terrace of the village cafe, right next to the street, separated by a line of bamboo plants. Perfect way to relax on a Saturday afternoon and get totally zen.

Staff: amazingly nice.

Ambiance: great.

.... And get one of their semi electric bikes to discover the city!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Huibert74

Dear Huibert74,

All the staff are looking forward to welcoming you "Home" very soon. Your spot on the terrace will be waiting for you.

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

This is a beautiful hotel located in a very nice area in Beijing, next to bars, restaurants, and stores. The fitness center and pool are awesome. We got breakfast at the hotel everyday, which includes several healthy options in the buffet and a la carte, all included. Don't miss the restaurant! We went for lunch our last day and had the roasted duck and the best dim sum in Asia. Everything was delicious! fine dinning, but still affordable. All the hotel staff were excellent. I'm not sure what size our room was, but it had a Bose audio system, iPad, three HD TVs (one in the bathtub), a terrace, etc... it might not be a big deal now, but we really appreciated that we got free bottles of drinking water, all the time, whenever we wanted during this hot summer. We stayed 5 days toward the end of August. Staying at this hotel was a highlight in our visit to Beijing.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Fernando_Guerrero

Dear Fernando_Guerrero,

Knowing your stay with us was the highlight of your time in Beijing is great to know. I have passed your wonderful comments to the restaurants you dined in during your time with us and they will let their team know how much you enjoyed your stay. The fitness center and pool are truly a great space to workout and relax.