“The activities offered and themed nights were the best.”

Voyager Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 60 Hotels in Mombasa
Reviewed 12 December 2017

Had a nicely private room upstairs with a nice balcony. Enjoyed the complimentary drinks offered while in stay and also the activities they had going on daily. Staff are friendly and helpful as well as ready to assist and give great service.

Room Tip: Great activities offered and packages for all.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ruth W
Sammy M, Manager at Voyager Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2017

Dear Ruth,
Thank you for sailing with us and for sharing your great review. We appreciate your wonderful comments even as we look forward to welcoming you back on board again in future.
Management.

Write a ReviewReviews (3 098)

22 - 26 of 3 098 reviews

Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

We travelled with our family, a party of 6 adults 2 kids and just left a few minutes ago. Overall we had a good experience except the last few hours.

The service throughout our stay was good as well as the accommodations. The staff was helpful and friendly.

We had arranged for a late checkout on our last day as our flight is not until 4 pm. We were provided a late checkout but little did we know that we would be charged extra for any food and drinks we consumed during the last few hours of our stay. Granted the amount we paid was nominal about 1400Ksh but we spent 150 times this for the stay. The issue is not with the money but the principal. We are guests of the hotel with nowhere else to go with our children other than our hotel until our taxi arrived to take us to the airport.

I spoke with Salama at the front desk who said she would take care of us. About 45 minutes later, I had to followup, I was told they cannot refund us the money but would like to give us a gift. I waited at the reception desk for her to come back. I ended up leaving with 2 bottles of sparkling juice as a "gift"

Overall, a good resort with good views and good staff but their policies need to be changed to be more guest friendly. They cannot expect us to pay extra money for food and beverages on our last day. My family and I have travelled all inclusive many times before and this is the first resort that has such absurd policies.

My suggestion to management would be to stop penny pinching and change their policies regarding checkout and what guests have access to.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Shivangi D

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sailing with us and for this honest review. We have taken note of your comment on the poor check out experience and how it was handled. We apologize for this even as we reiterate our commitment in ensuring that it does not happen again. We hope to have the opportunity to be of service to you again in future.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 11 December 2017

My family and I stayed at the Voyager from 26th to 30th November 2017. This was my second visit and I "dragged" the rest of my family with me since we really loved it when we visited in 2015 (with my children).
Unfortunately, I think the standard I saw in 2015 has gone down and this is not good. For one, during meals, waiters/waitresses were hovering in the dining area, but it was almost impossible to get their attention and when we ordered drinks it took forever to get our orders.
I also noted that the Theme Nights have nothing to do with the destination at which the Voyager was docked. Beats the whole purpose.
The other thing that I was not so impressed with was when we were checking out, I requested to be packed for some food from the breakfast since we were taking the 3.30 train and I had four children. I was told that I needed to have made this request the night before. Well, I didn't know that... but I have been indulged in other hotels when I'm traveling with my children. I was told that "This is not allowed", I asked for exceptional consideration since we were checking out at 10.00 and that time gap would be a nightmare for anyone with children, but it was declined. I wonder what was so hard about this, considering that the left over food would just go back to the kitchen :-( .
Anyway, maybe I'll visit again, maybe not, but I did not leave with the same appeal I did in 2015.

Room Tip: I think the rooms are all okay, whether garden view or sea view.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Lilian M

Dear Lilian,
Thank you for your candid review on Voyager. We value your feedback very much and greatly appreciate your comments. We have taken note of all the matters raised and would like to assure you that every effort will be made to address them. Once again, thank you for sailing with us and we look forward to hosting you again. We remain at your service.
Yours Sincerely,
Sammy Maende

Reviewed 11 December 2017

I really loved the experience we had with my children the whole of last week when we visited Voyager. This is a must visit for parents with young children since the A-Team ensures that they are kept busy throughout the day giving you time to relax and unwind.
the band on Wednesday is out of this world!!
Special thanks to the staff who are all so courteous and friendly. The rooms are comfortable and fully air conditioned making you sleep like a baby.
They also prepare fresh snacks for your children in case you will not be in for lunch!!
I normally try to rotate my visits in various hotels at the coast but this is DEFINITELY one hotel I must make a repeat visit.

Thank you for making our holiday memorable.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Jemimah W

Dear Jemimah,
Thank you for sailing with us and for this awesome review. Reading how much you and in particular the kids enjoyed yourselves is very fulfilling to us and we have shared your review with the team. Thank you for the positive comments on the A – team and the staff; they truly are what separates Voyager from the rest. We look forward to being of service to again in the not so distant future.

Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

Absolutely loved my stay at the hotel, from the well kept garden to the amazing pools. The staff were also really friendly and helpful whenever we needed anything and especially Jane at the reception who was very helpful from when we first got there. Will be definitely coming back

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
4  Thank halimadj

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sailing with us. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and are happy to note that you’ve committed to definitely come back. The team can’t wait to welcome you back on board again. Always at your service.