“Best thing to do in Mombasa”
Review of Bike the Coast

Half Day Scenic Bike Tour
Ranked #10 of 85 Tours in Mombasa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Discover Africa off the beaten track: local people in their traditional settlements, palm and mango forests; fantastic views on Creeks and Mombasa North Coast. Bike the Coast offers different half day bush-tours on safe unpaved roads. With the mountain-bike you come closer to the local life than with any other means. All the equipment and at least 2 tour guides provided. English, German, and French spoken. Africa begins right behind your hotel - discover it!
Reviewed 3 March 2017 via mobile

Hands down the best thing we did! Not exactly biking the coast, but better... biking through villages and part of the forest. We stopped to talk with the locals and some of the children ran next the bikes. It was very hot and humid so I recommend leaving as early as possible. The only thing we found difficult was biking through the sand with a worn bike. The bikes were all in OK shape but definitely showed their wear and tear from the conditions. Changing gears was difficult... but it's Africa, what else could you expect. The guides and owner were all fantastic. You even get some pictures emailed to you from your departure! Definitely a must do in Mombasa, but would recommend staying in south Mombasa for the beaches.

2  Thank Lindsaylamb

Reviewed 12 November 2015

I could not believe that such a tour exists in Mombasa, Kenya. Been brought up and living in Mombasa for the last 25 years I saw parts of the coast I had never seen before and it was totally worth it!! I had taken the three coasts tour and really enjoyed it!!

The tour guide Benson was extremely friendly and patient.

I definitely would recommend 'Bike the coast' for anyone visiting Mombasa on holiday and are looking for a fun day out full of adventure and exploration!!

3  Thank Akeelu
Reviewed 28 June 2015

Rolf and Benson provide a warm welcome and a choice of routes. I really wanted to go bike riding in Mombasa but found navigating busy streets made it almost impossible. They take you to scenic, safe routes at whichever pace suits you.

4  Thank 720rebecca
Reviewed 20 October 2014

I booked one of the tours (the one along the mtwapa creek) together with 3 other friends and we all loved it. Rolf was very helpful and fast answering our mails and Anderson and Berson, both the guides that came with us were great! We biked through small villages and then around the north part of mtwapa creek seeing the different landscapes and vegetation. Even though we´ve been living in kenya for a while, it is a worth experience because the tour goes through places you could never find on your own. If you like biking and pass by mombasa, you definitely should do one of the tours!

3  Thank Anamombasa
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I booked a day tour, half july 2013 and choose the full day tour which was about 70 km because i bike a lot. I was alone with my guide Anderson. It was heavy and a real survival because it was a very rainy and muddy day and we even had to carry our bike for a mile because off the mud. But no complaining, it was a great experience wich i would again and i recomend it for everyone who is visiting Mombasa. You will see places and views you would never see if you did'nt do this tour.

2  Thank J F