“A Birthday Like Non Other.”
Review of The Shaza

The Shaza
Ranked #35 of 61 Hotels in Mombasa
Reviewed 25 October 2016

This Review has been Long Overdue..but we are here.

When I first made an inquiry regarding the Shaza, The G.M was the one who handled and Expedited it.As I was flying down we kept in-touch till the very moment that I checked in.

I remember that He had to handle something out of Town so he got Me in-touch with Charity_ She is A blessing,Ive met ALOT of Women in her position who don't come to par with the services expected BUT She carries her duties with keen Attention to detail.
Upon my arrival at the Shaza the Opulence was on another Level, the Gate that welcomes you, the beautifully laid cobblestones, the window pen, the pebbles lined up....Mmmmmhm the decor was just utter Stunning.I had booked myself the Penthouse Suite and I wasn't disappointed at all.

I had the chance to view the rest of the rooms on a Private tour organized By Charity_All rooms are Be-Spoke! When I made a request to change rooms they handled this as swiftly as they could....Now the food....Mmmmhhm the breakfast was and Still is My favorite.
So on the 25th of July my door bell rings and I go to get the door ONLY to be greeted by Smiling Faces singing Happy Birthday and Carrying in hand a home baked Cake_Ive had so Many Birthdays but this gesture was just humbling_thank you for Making My Birthday Amazing!!!

I would definitely recommend Shaza For those Who have a keen Eye to the Finest things in life, for those who want to get away from the Hustle and Bustle of everyday life....And if you Love Serene environments and that well deserved peace look NO further..

To the G.M,Charity Kadzo and the Entire Shaza Family I don't know where or how to start saying thank you_ the Warmth and love you extended to Me and My Sister will never be forgotten...I will recommend you everywhere I travel (I'm in Nottingham right Now but singing of your Praise_ Shaza the Needle in a Hay Stack)....My arrival will forever remain etched in my memory but upon departure the Memories I Carried along I will treasure them forever!!

Cant wait to Come back.....Soon!

Yours In Culinary Regards.
Julius Mutava.

Room Tip: Call in Advance and Let them Know your Preference.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 October 2016

From the moment i made an inquiry on The Shaza Website, to the planning for our first year wedding anniversary, we have never experienced such a warm welcoming and professional customer service. The stay, activities and everything was customized to our liking.
A home away from. Very clean luxury themed environment that makes you not to want to leave. Food was excellent beyond my expectation and comparison with other 5 star hotels. This one i would give it a 7*!
Hospitality: The staff there are super friendly and always looking out for you professionally.
The apartments, penthouse are super modern and well kept. A continental master piece yet still maintaining an African feel.
Definitely going back there at least every year...

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2016

The food was fantastic {the platter} :-) it's a great place to, very nice and clean environment, great service, kind n friendly staff. several pools to swim in. had a good time at the pool bar, i'd go again any day.i enjoyed my weekend! worth my time n money.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2016 via mobile

Located at a very serene environment. The shaza is a home away from home. There rooms are magnificent..the chef knows how to catch every persons palate...amazing pool and most important away from the bustle and hustle of the town noise. Only down part is the rocky beach but hey i got a pool the ocean can pass

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 September 2016 via mobile

We stayed in the 3 bedroomed apartment in block A. We had a beautiful view of the ocean from the living room and two other bedrooms. The apartment was very cozy and had everything we needed in terms of cutlery and crockery, pots and pans. All appliances worked. The beds were very comfortable. The windows are double glazed so when you shut them there's very little noise from the outside. We got a baby cot for our 3yr old. They have more than one pool (they are large) and one for the little ones. The food was quite nice. The staff are very friendly. All in all, we and our three children (3,12&21) really enjoyed our stay. We'll be back!!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family