“very friendly home”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Guest enjoy the hospitality of mama Alice
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Janja V
“very friendly home”
Reviewed 12 November 2015 for a stay in October 2015
person found this review helpful

Staying at Alice's home was very nice and friendly. Alice was prepared to help us with everything. She cooked us very tasteful meals, she took us to her church and accompanied us to the town. We could count on her for everything we needed. Therefore, I really recommend her if someone intendeds to live an experience in Kenya.
We are sorry that our visit was too short so we could not visit the school where she teach. She can help you with organisation of safari or anything else you would like to do or visit in Kenya

Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
19 Nov 2015
very warm guest we had and outgoing.I made real friends and was happy that they travelled with a young child who was my friend because I totall love children.I got a surprise of a tip from such a wonderful guests .Look forward to see them one day.
AnyLu2013
Thun, Switzerland
“"my second home"”
Reviewed 22 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015

2013 I visited Kenya for the Volunteerwork at Alices School. 3 Month by her Family were so wonderful that I visit them every year again. They show me around in Nairobi, learned to cook me Kenyan food and teach me more about the life there. Also to be with the children at Alices school Safisha Africa is funtastic! the house of Alice it's the most colorful house I have ever seen and a meeting point for travelers, volunteer and locals. I had a great experience in this family and house. So now it's my second home. They get a really big place in my heart. I'm sure if you go there you will love them.

Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Your age range 18-24
23 Aug 2015
It was a volunteer experience from my guest which turned a frequent visit to Nairobi,Kenya calling our homestay a real home.She is a wonderful person that I desire hosting every year.I trust her as she has confidence in our property.
Hamurabi...
“A place to call home ”
Reviewed 22 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015

Staying at Alice's home was one of my greatest times. She is a person with a good and calm soul, who is always smiling and thinking positively. I could count on her for everything I needed. Therefore, I really recommend her if someone intendeds to live an experience in Kenya.

23 Aug 2015
My guest is warm and very positive with skills and motivational talks.I loved to host him and again and again look forward to meet him when he travels .Thanks for having chosen us.
819Bella1...
Toronto, Canada
“Amazing stay and the greatest hospitality!”
Reviewed 21 August 2015 for a stay in January 2015

I stayed with Alice or (Mama Alice) and her family for almost seven weeks. It was such a great experience! I was travelling by myself but they welcomed me into their home and made me feel like my family. I was volunteering at Safisha, the school that Alice founded for underprivileged children in that area. If you stay here, you should also definitely visit the school and see the amazing work that is being done. The children are so precious and I will always hold them in my heart! The homestay was in a safe area, very clean, and well-maintained. It is also easily accessible by bus, taxi, etc. You will not regret staying here, you will have amazing memories for a lifetime!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The hospitality and cleanliness
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
22 Aug 2015
My guest was great and she made me proud by her kindness,love and skills at the school project for the vulnerable.
She is welcome again any moment to visit our Country Kenya and be hosted in our property
Audrey C
Molitg-les-Bains, France
“The best place in Nairobi !”
Reviewed 19 August 2015 for a stay in January 2015

We were in Alice's place in January and we really enjoy it ! Alice and her family were so friendly , that we can just recommend her home. It's clean, safe and you'll feel like home. Just go!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
20 Aug 2015
the two guests were amazing and it was a good experience to host them and share the family culture of friendship,they were warm and entertaining.we enjoyed the company laughed greatly for the jokes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing