“Friends Birthday”

Japanese Izakaya Cheka
Ranked #25 of 734 Restaurants in Nairobi
Description: Japanese style Restaurant&Bar "IZAKAYA" which operated by Japanese in Nairobi Kenya The restaurant name "CHEKA" means "Laugh" in Swahili language:))
Reviewed 28 June 2018

As i was looking for a place to celebrate my friends birthday, i stumbled on this Japanese Cheka place off Waiyaki Way as you enter Lavington. One of my pals decided that we could try Japanese cuisine for the night. Since we loved the location of the place. I had grlled salmon belly sake and some salmon cake the rest had pork ginger and some chicken teriyaki. The food was awesome.

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Big up to Cheka sushi. It’s one place that you will enjoy sushi in Nairobi. The setting is all wood and has a nice outdoor setting. The staff is always welcoming when you arrive.

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

One thing I love about this place their service is superb. This day I went to cheka knowing what to eat but after getting there I completely forgot and ordered some spicy noodles I saw across the table. I cant get enough of these spicy noodles.

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

It was one of those random dinner. Unplanned but we completely enjoyed all the food that we had and of course we could not forget to have some SAKE. Japanese cuisine is quite interesting for those who haven’t had yet. For starters you could try the prawn sushi.

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

The place has a nice outdoor setting for those who like being outside add that to those hot skewers. It is a place you will love. I come here regularly especially Thursday and Saturdays. Braised pork and some sushi prawn are always my favorite