“Easily the best food I’ve had in Nairobi ”

Eagle's The Steak House
Ranked #161 of 735 Restaurants in Nairobi
Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

The best food I have had in Nairobi, I came back four times!

I can’t understand why there aren’t many reviews on this place, i’m guessing due to the location being a little far from the city centre.

They even have a lunchtime offer which is definitely worth trying, the carpaccio was exquisite, and steak on point..

Ambiance is wonderful, with a 4th floor terrace view of the Nairobi National Park, if you are lucky you will see animals roaming around.

Service was good, the manager Fatima passed by to check everything is good.

I would definitely aim to go there when I am back before anything else! Can’t recommend this place enough.

To note, my colleague who is a foodie from Europe said their salmon was the best she ever had.

Reviewed 17 May 2018

As we were staying at the hotel, and decided to eat in rather than make another trip out, we ended up at Eagle's.
The waiter was helpful with suggestions, and we had a mix of steak with some local food. The food was very decent, and portion size generous.

Reviewed 4 February 2018

Located between the central business district and the Jomo Kenyatta airport, sharing borders with the Nairobi national park, right on the main Mombasa road highway - the location is perfect and by the way once inside you can’t quite hear the traffic outside. Being on the fourth floor, we were able to spot a few giraffes from afar and dikdik or is it impalas - can’t quite tell them apart. You can see the watering holes for the wildlife - have to try night dining. May be able to see more animals, I guess. Was there during the Nairobi restaurant week 2018 for lunch and well as expected the tables were fully reserved. The front desk lady was however kind enough to add a table for the two of us (we had not reserved one). Once seated took quite sometime - about 45 minutes for the starter to come. Overall though the portions looked small, for a 3 course meal it was all too fulfilling - can’t complain. The ambience and soft music was great! The service ladies were amazing. Very kind and kept checking on us if we were ok. An extra star for the bathrooms. Big, with big mirrors and above all diaper changing table (very convenient for mother’s with small babies)...

Reviewed 15 December 2017

The Eagle restaurant
For lunch.
On 4th floor , tables in a row along the edge and with magnificent view of the Park was the setting.
We got a table not far from the pool at the floor beneath us which had a good band playing. When the waitress came they were playing so loud that it was difficult to hear what she was saying, which we remarked. After she had left us the volume decreased so she had perhaps asked them to put the volume down a bit.
The meal was perfect, and those knowing me knows that I am not saying that too often.
We ordered grilled lobster, with vegetables and pommes frites. We asked the waitress about the cooking of the lobster and she assured us they would be done to our liking. And indeed they were absolutely perfectly cooked. The frites were crunchy outside and soft inside, the vegetables were al- dente. After tasting the food the Chef himself came up to ask if the food was OK, and indeed it was. A big compliment to the Chef.
For sweets, my wife ordered cheese platter but asked that there should be more blue cheese than the other types since she loves the blue cheese. I looked for ice cream at the menu, but no ice cream. I asked the waitress, Ms. Faith, and she said of course I could have ice cream.
And when the sweets came they were superb and too our “specifications”
What a meal! Excellent service, attentive waitress, perfect cooked food, fantastic view, and a god bottle of wine, what more can you ask for?
Lunch next day, a Monday.
Only set menu. Ordered haloumi. Small bits of haloumi but delicious. When we remarked to the waiter of the small pieces, the chef himself came up and asked if he could prepare some haloumi with the main. We said yes.
The main today we chose grilled rumpsteak. We asked for medium to rare. And what did we get?
Medium to rare! Compliments to the chef. And the rumpsteak was absolutely heavenly. It tasted meat! And believe me after the meal the chef himself came up to inquire, and we of course were very pleased.
It looks like their chefs put their heart into the food. Kudoos.

Reviewed 7 July 2017

Saying at Ole Sereni, we chose to dine at Eagles rather than go outside of the hotel, but our dining experience exceeded expectations. The restaurant offers both indoor and outdoor seating, as well as a really nice bar area that gives you the choice of sitting outside on a long verandah that directly overlooks the National Park or indoors on comfortable sofas in a library style setting or seating at the bar. A spotting telescope was available for guest use and candles & fresh flowers on the outside tables gave a romantic feel to the restaurant.
The menu was varied and included several fish & vegetarian options, useful for me as unlike my husband I do not eat meat or chicken. The service was exceptional. We found on the two occasions that we chose to dine at this restaurant ( before & after our safari) the staff were consistently friendly, attentive and professional in their service skills. The food was delicious, served hot and well presented to appeal to our visual appetite. There is a good wine list available but guests are not pressured to order wine. The wine we ordered was served at the correct temperature and did not disappoint.
Overall, we did not expect the fine dining experience that we received and were pleasantly surprised but we will definately make a point to return in the future if staying in Nairobi. Special thanks to Bosco, Quintan & Faith who delivered such good service and made us feel like valued guests, appreciated!