“Good as always”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Millys Place

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Germany
“Good as always”
Reviewed 17 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016
people found this review helpful

Perfect place in a safe area for independent people. Please see also my other reviews for this place.

Malcolm B
Evanton, United Kingdom
“Milly's place Holiday rental”
Reviewed 23 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016
people found this review helpful

I was amazed by the level of security at the entrance of the estate and also at the premises the flat is ideal with plenty of room. the area is very good and safe and has a number of amenities close by. Milly is very helpful and obliging. I will definately be going back there next time

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The security of the estate and premises
Liked least: There was nothing I disliked about the place
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
25 Oct 2016
thanks so much and you are welcome again
JDWKay
Nairobi, Kenya
“Underwhelming and misrepresented! We moved out after only 1 night!”
Reviewed 26 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016
people found this review helpful

We booked Milly's Place for four (4) nights chiefly based on the location she claims it is at on Google Maps. The house was NOT at the indicated location (as per the time of our visit and this review - I am hoping this will be corrected immediately). A previous reviewer had pointed out this inaccuracy of location, and the listing still had not been corrected. Since we know the area where the house actually is, we were willing to overlook this misrepresentation had the rest of the experience made up for it. It did not.

We experienced difficulty in communicating with Milly before arriving in Nairobi, which was frustrating. She sent us her phone number when we paid - about 36 hours before we travelled to Nairobi. I sent her two (2) text messages enquiring the location of the house. No response. I sent her an inbox message on Trip Advisor. No response. I called her. Unanswered. I sent a second, desperate, inbox message. Unanswered. She responded to my second phone call, just as our flight to Nairobi - which was delayed - was being called to board... She explained that she was in rural Kenya and that phone network and internet were shifty. This happens in Kenya at times. I cannot fault her that. But it is important for it to feature in this review, for potential guests to know. Also, I feel that at the point where she wrote to give us her number, she could have given us a heads up to expect slow communication from her, and given us the house directions right then. She could also have given us the wi-fi password and usage T&C's at this point. I texted her to ask for the password on our first night there, and she responded with the password the next morning as we were packing to move out.

Milly is a warm person. I never met her, but we spoke on phone. As most other reviews say, she is personable. Unfortunately, the lady left to receive us and hand over the house keys to us was not. She did not seem to understand English well, fortunately we know Kiswahili and could then communicate with her. She shrugged when I asked for a couple of kitchen utensils that I needed and that were not provided (a knife and a multi-purpose bowl). She walked away mid-conversation when we were enquiring about how and when the main gate is locked. On the next day when I knocked at the main house's door to let her know that we were moving out, she didn't ask our reason(s) for leaving; and as I insisted on letting her know that the place was underwhelming, she walked away as I spoke.

Other deal breakers: The kitchen tap did not have water. The house minder shrugged when we informed her. The lack of water should perhaps be explicitly stated in the listing. At least there were several 20 liter jerricans with water for use in the kitchen, but we feel that the lack of water is another thing that needs to be put out here for people to know as they consider Milly's place. The couch is broken and sunken - it is NOT the one in the listing's photos. The bedroom floor was dirty. My personal deal breaker was the way Milly has treated her listing as the dumping ground for (her) derelict furniture, fittings and equipment (couch, fridge, beddings etc.)

Although there are a couple of good things - the location is actually near very many tourist attractions, proximity to grocers, shops, fast-foods, etc - we moved out after that first night, and lost our money for the remaining 3 nights. Our calls to Milly to let her know we are moving out and why, and her calls to us after we moved out, all did not go through.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Proximity to shops and grocers
Liked least: The neglected nature of the amenities
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
1 Sep 2016
Am very sorry for what happened,
journeyco...
Germany
“Everything's ok as always”
Reviewed 3 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

Travelling group: Solo Traveller
7 Aug 2016
Thanks so much
tak123456...
“Milly made our stay amazing”
Reviewed 13 July 2016 for a stay in June 2016

Milly made our stay so worthwhile. She was very hospitable, arranged taxis for us, and even let us use her shower because ours wasn't working. The apartment has a small kitchen which Milly provides everything you might need to cook and there is a small grocery store nearby. As well there is wifi in the apartment which was the best wifi we came across during our stay in Kenya.

Some negatives are that there are no restaurants in walking distance, and you need to taxi or Uber to any of the more touristy destinations. That being said the location is closer to the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust, Nairobi National Park, and the Giraffe Center than staying downtown (so that's a bonus!)

All in all, great value for money! I would highly recommend.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
26 Jul 2016
Thank you so much for yours recomodation.you welcomed again
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing