All reviews moonflower restaurant beautiful boutique hotel resident tortoises jacuzzi bath large suite massage room felt safe and secure long term stay full kitchen couple nights my home away from home an oasis eggs made to order state house like coming home spent one night outdoor pool
Reviewed 26 April 2018

Spent one night in the Palacina upon return from a safari in the Maasai Mara. Agree with one reviewer who really liked it as a short term rental and I think it is probably better in that capacity than as a one night upmarket hotel. Restaurant was adequate; service quite acceptable. Certainly ok for a quick rest stop before heading out to other destinations while on holiday. I thought restaurant and wine prices were reasonable and our room was spacious.

Room Tip: Our room had kitchen facilities which were not necessary for a one night stay but could be useful for a longer visit.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
GM-TZC, General Manager at Palacina Residence & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Dear Michael,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Palacina and we are pleased that you recommend us for short term rentals and that you found our restaurant pricing to be fair.
We also have some of the largest rooms and suites in Nairobi and I am pleased that you noted the same. Your other comments have been noted and we wish you happy travels in future.
Our best regards,

Reviewed 26 April 2018

The Hotel located in the quiet environment close to State House. The rooms are big with ample space, sitting room with big TV, dressing room, a private kitchen where you can buy foodstuffs at the market put in a fridge and cook by yourself while using different facilities such as fitness center, swimming pool, sauna, etc..I can't forget the warmly welcome at reception and the services offered by Lilian during our dinner! The food is so delicious...!

Room Tip: Luxury Penthouse is quieter, large with a lot of amenities, its real home away home!
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business

Dear Jackson,
Thank you for this wonderful review; we are delighted that you had a pleasant stay with us at Palacina.
We hope that you had a pleasant trip back home and we look forward to your next visit.
Our best wishes,

Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the Palacina for 3 weeks while working in Nairobi. The rooms are beautiful, the service exceptional, and security is great. As a woman traveling alone in Nairobi I was always comfortable. The hotel made sure all my needs were met. I loved the special touches from the cookies and fruit platter on check in, the weekly happy hour, and the delicious breakfast. What a wonderful place to stay, especially for an extended period.
One thing to be aware of, there is no AC in the residences. I was there in the summer and it was quite warm at night. The hotel provided a fan which was a little helpful. But if you prefer A/C request a room in the main building. But it was minor inconvenience for a wonderful stay.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
GM-TZC, General Manager at Palacina Residence & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

What a wonderful review!
On behalf of Team Palacina; I send our sincere thanks and we are all looking forward to your next visit. (we promise to place you on one of our suites!)
Thank you very much for everything and we wish you a great year ahead.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

We spent one night before we head out for the safari tour, the rooms are nicely decorated ,clean and hotel located in nice leafy area of Nairobi.

we paid 250 usd we could have paid that for the other 5 star in town like Dusit and Fairmont, the service is not on the level of 4 start hotel, the wifi is very poor, the rooms are too noisy you here the construction noise all day and the traffic noise from the road.

Room Tip: Stick to international chain
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
GM-TZC, General Manager at Palacina Residence & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

We thank you for visiting us for 01 night recently and we are pleased that you liked our décor, cleanliness and location.
We were however surprised by the rest of your review because as is evident even on this forum; we are renowned for our unique Kenyan hospitality and our serene surroundings.
We do have some construction in our neighbourhood that is nearing completion however our new section has double glazed windows and the suites are completely soundproof.
Palacina is a family owned property and was Nairobi’s first boutique hotel. We purposefully make all efforts not to be like the large International chain hotels that are now ubiquitous in Nairobi however we do understand that the boutique concept is not for everybody.
We were very pleased to be your host in Nairobi and we wish you an exiting safari full of fond memories.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

I stayed here for three weeks when I arrived in Nairobi for work. It was great and service was nice. The wifi was a bit sketchy, and there was some construction noise from nearby, but otherwise a great little boutique hotel in a central location

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
GM-TZC, General Manager at Palacina Residence & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Dear Frank,
I am always delighted when our guests are happy with our service because this is the foundation of any good hotel.
I am please to note that our new suites all have double-glazed windows and are therefore sound-proof (also the works in the neighborhood are almost complete)
We have noted your wifi concerns and I am delighted that you have a very good stay overall.
We send our warmest wishes,