“inconsistent”

Bhandini Restaurant
Ranked #87 of 734 Restaurants in Nairobi
Reviewed 1 September 2018

I ate here for 2 nights. the first night i had biryani which was decidedly uninspiring. Quite underspiced and you didnt get the basmati rice aroma either. the next night I had rogan josh which was much better.

Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

We had diner at bhandini restaurant. Food was good (we had a vegetables byriani and spinach & mushrooms snapper). The cheese nans were not exceptional and the beer was not fresh enough.
The service was good.
I think the restaurant is overpriced even if we had good meals.

Reviewed 15 August 2018

I had a lovely evening meal here. It wasn’t very busy when I arrived in the early evening but fortunately I didn’t feel uncomfortable and there was still a decent enough atmosphere. There’s a window at the back of the restaurant enabling you to see into the kitchen, which is always reassuring! Straight away the friendly waiter offered me the extensive and varied menu. Unfortunately the wine of choice wasn’t available but I was recommended another which turned out ok.

Poppadoms were brought with a selection of three dips, all very nice. The poppadoms were a little more unique than the classic thin round variety, instead served in a cup, flavoursome and thick. A side plate of sliced vegetables was also provided. There was plenty of space on the table and everything was presented well to make it a relaxing experience.

Service was fast and it was the perfect length of time before my main order of tandoori fish and plain rice with peas was served (no starter on this occasion). Presentation was superb, with the rice in a small pot and attractive rectangular plate for the fish. And how amazing the fish was! Full of incredible flavour and really succulent. There was plenty of it too which was great. The portion size of rice was also brilliant and cooked well. Overall it was brilliant for what I wanted and could easily have enjoyed more, had I not been so full.

If you’re staying at the hotel or nearby and want an Indian meal then it’s well worth considering. A smart setting with good staff and very nice food made it really enjoyable. Perhaps I got unlucky with it being so quiet but the staff made me feel welcome still so I would certainly return.

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

Nice quite restaurant at the ground floor offers a reasonable options of Indian cuisine.
Try their naan, pork vindaloo, dal tadka and beer

Reviewed 19 July 2018

Located in intercontinental its a hit with expats. Cool ambience, tasty food and excellent service. I come here whenever i miss india food. The food can be customized here according to your spice tolerant levels