“AMAZING GELATO!!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

We stumbled upon this restaurant while searching for somewhere to have dinner downtown. We were glad we did! Service was impeccable, there were more waiters than actual guests. Main dishes (pasta and pizza) were a little salty but good enough. (We are in Africa after all) Free bruschetta was very appreciated! But the best part was dessert. The quality of the gelato is surprisingly excellent, i’d have to say as good as in Italy. My boyfriend had the affogato and loved it. I’m still dreaming about it!!! Would go back just for the gelato!

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

Trattoria Restaurant in the center of town fantastic italian dishes,like all cane of pizza and typical Italien. nice service.rogerw

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

Was in Nairobi a couple days ago and ate there. 5 of us got there and we waited for 30 minutes before our orders were taken, then another 1.5 hrs before our food came. Mum got the fisherman’s soup which initially didn’t have any prawns in it and they had to remake. I got my usual, Spaghetti alla carbonara and I must say, I’ve tried nearly every Italian place in Britain, Michigan and many in Italy, I have NEVER had carbonara that good and authentic, ever. You could tell the pasta was homemade and that the true recipe was followed. The slow service(2.5 hours total) turnt me off from the place though. But if you’ve got time to kill, stop by.

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

I have been coming to this restaurant since 2005. Every time when i come to Nairobi for business i make a point of coming to the Trattoria. I love the bread. I love the pasta.

Was unhappy that the “mushy peas” pasta was off the menu. Maybe i missed it

Reviewed 15 May 2018

Missing Italian cuisine...during your travels...Well then Look no further. Trattoria Ristorante is right within the Nairobi CBD; a 15 minute walk from Hotel Hennessis. Great ambiance, Great food...you'll love it!!