“Must visit!”

and up
Private Nairobi City Full Day Tour
Ranked #16 of 130 things to do in Nairobi
More attraction details
Owner description: The Nairobi National Museum is the flagship brand for the National Museums of Kenya. Located on Museum Hill, the museum showcases Kenya's rich Heritage with four distinct themes representing Kenya's Culture, Nature, History and Contemporary Art.Other attractions within the compound include the Snake Park and Botanical Gardens as well as a State of the Art Auditorium that occasionally hosts concerts, film shows and other events.Dining and shopping facilities await you after your tour with us in our commercial wing. Enjoy your visit with us at the National Museum.
Reviewed 3 February 2018

Interesting content! Especially the anthropological section (homo evolution)! Visitors need more than one hour to look around despite what we have been told in ticket office. Snake park is also nice and worth a visit but cages should be cleaned at some point.The price for not-residents is 1500 ksh.

Write a ReviewReviews (1 051)
All reviews
"school children"
in 16 reviews

46 - 50 of 1 051 reviews

Reviewed 30 January 2018

We enjoyed spending a couple hours here but it could use some sprucing up. There are some interesting historical exhibits discussing Kenyan independence and the rebellion of the Mau Mau. There is some contemporary art and some examples of the natural history of the country.

Reviewed 29 January 2018

January, 11/2018, I had to deposit my small backpack at the reception.
When I went back to my hotel, late in the afternoon, I've checked all my documents, brochures, invoices, expenses, etc ....... and ........surprise !! 200 Euros have disappeared !!
I've no doubts, the gentleman who has received my backpack, had more than 2 hours, to inspect and subtract .....
It was my fault, but .... please be careful ....

1  Thank lamasi13
Reviewed 26 January 2018

You can get round the whole museum in a couple of hours. We didn't have time to visit the Snake Park which is part of it, but I heard it's good.

See more reviews
Reviewed 24 January 2018

There is a lot to see from animals to tribal history in Kenya but the most interesting part was the archaeological section where you could learn about Lucy and the other ancestors of humans. A good guide will be able to make the experience more rewarding. This is a bit of an old school museum with not much inter active elements. Good value for money, though. The adjacent snake park (extra admission fee) with some of the most poisonous snakes is a nice finish to the visit.

1  Thank Marila0370