Open today: 09:00 - 17:00
Book In Advance

Ways to Experience Nairobi National Museum
Reviews (1 171)
1 171 results
All reviews snake park kenyan history human evolution stuffed animals early man interesting exhibits snake house million years bird exhibit joy adamson combined ticket worth a visit east africa on display few hours couple of hours school children
149 - 154 of 1 171 reviews
Reviewed 30 January 2018

We enjoyed spending a couple hours here but it could use some sprucing up. There are some interesting historical exhibits discussing Kenyan independence and the rebellion of the Mau Mau. There is some contemporary art and some examples of the natural history of the country.

Reviewed 29 January 2018

January, 11/2018, I had to deposit my small backpack at the reception.
When I went back to my hotel, late in the afternoon, I've checked all my documents, brochures, invoices, expenses, etc ....... and ........surprise !! 200 Euros have disappeared !!
I've no doubts, the gentleman who has received my backpack, had more than 2 hours, to inspect and subtract .....
It was my fault, but .... please be careful ....

1  Thank lamasi13
Reviewed 26 January 2018

You can get round the whole museum in a couple of hours. We didn't have time to visit the Snake Park which is part of it, but I heard it's good.

Reviewed 24 January 2018

There is a lot to see from animals to tribal history in Kenya but the most interesting part was the archaeological section where you could learn about Lucy and the other ancestors of humans. A good guide will be able to make the experience more rewarding. This is a bit of an old school museum with not much inter active elements. Good value for money, though. The adjacent snake park (extra admission fee) with some of the most poisonous snakes is a nice finish to the visit.

Date of experience: October 2017
1  Thank Marila0370
Reviewed 13 January 2018

Good exhibits that are pretty self explanatory but guides a personal touch that is quite useful. Mix of old and new (some galleries around). Food at the on-site restaurant was good and fairly priced (for a tourist attraction). Botanical garden is small but the grounds around the museum are nice to walk around in. Many sculptures surrounded by plants make it a nice place to sit and relax. Definitely need 2-3 hours to see everything. Rift valley finds were an eye opener... I always thought Lucy was the oldest skeleton - how wrong was I. Guides are free but surviving off your tips...