“It took them forever to prepare a regular sandwich and a regular burger”

Java House Mama Ngina
Ranked #48 of 734 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 13 August 2018

Java House is an institution in Kenya. I had a business lunch in Nairobi's CBD, so my colleague and I decided to get there a quick bite. I got the chicken salad sandwich and my colleague got a regular burger. We waited almost for 45 mins to get our lunch. In fact, my Kenyan colleague asked them if they were cooking the sandwich and the burger in Mombasa... gosh! So at the end, it wasn't a quick bite. On a more personal side, my chicken salad sandwich was absolutely full of celery. Not sure if celery is commonly used in Kenya, but in my opinion should not be the main ingredient for a chicken salad. We also got a couple of mango juices (delicious). We paid 2200 kes.

Reviewed 19 July 2018

This Java house is near to Kencom and is packed during lunch hours with people working in many offices located around.
The service is quick thanks to many a waiter present at this java house. Quality is top notch and the place is clean.

Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

The Java house cafe is an old Nairobi cafe and is reputed known For it’s Java house coffee. This is the coffee which has been served by cafe to Nairobi office workers over several years and after a long period out of Kenya I had to go back and taste the coffee and I was not disappointed it is still as good as it was then.

Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

Clean place, fast service, typical café atmosphere. You'll be disappointed if you're looking for authenticity. You'll be delighted of you're looking for quick food and nice drinks. Granted, I visited the particular diner attached to the aero club so I'm influenced by their additional service.

Reviewed 24 May 2018

Noisy in that degree that waiter brings you wrong coffee. Which was old. Cannot recommend. Go to next one - there are plenty of JH around.

JavaGuestService, Guest Relations Manager at Java House Mama Ngina, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2018

Dear P K,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us and our sincere apologies for the experience at our Sarit branch.

We've escalated the issues raised to our area manager as well as our Operations department and we assure you that we'll do better.

We truly appreciate your feedback as it will help us improve our service and serve our guests better.