5 people are viewing this hotel
Reviews (2 460)
2 460 results
2 110
2 110
All reviews silk road olives restaurant nile river infinity pool deluxe room karnak temple beautiful hotel breakfast buffet main pool west bank welcome drink the general manager stayed longer watching the sunset an oasis public areas shuttle bus
Selected filters
21 - 26 of 2 460 reviews
Reviewed 26 February 2021

The team at this property is more than amazing especially the reception team. As a diamond member, I was checked in at a VIP desk and the reception team made the extra effort to make my stay more special. The spa facilities are really good too. I would highly recommend them.

An example that their chain hotel (Ramses Hilton Cairo) should learn from - they were shockingly bad. It is refreshing to be in Hilton luxor after the bad experience in Ramses Hilton Cairo.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Florian Gruhl, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2021

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you indeed for taking the time share us your experience at our resort via TripAdvisor site.

It was my utmost pleasure to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and our services exceeded your high expectations.

I shared personally your comments with all of our team members in particular with Front Desk and they highly appreciate your positive remarks about their personalized service delivery. Rest assured we will continue to strive for excellence.

Thank you once again and we are looking forward to welcoming you soon again to our sunny resort.

Reviewed 24 February 2021 via mobile

Great view, right on the Nile. Excellent service and wonderful staff everywhere. Clean, sanitized, and spotless. Both swimming pools are heated. Food is great specially breakfast with a huge variety. SPA is out of this world, the herb Sauna, the massage, the scrub.. really professional and your view during the session is amazing.. We went to Luxor this time specially to enjoy this hotel.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank eddy9141
Florian Gruhl, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2021

Dear Eddy,

Thank you very much for sharing with us your recent experience at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa thru the TripAdvisor site. I am very honored that you have chosen our hotel for your precious holiday time. It is my utmost pleasure to read that we exceeded your high expectations.

Many thanks for taking the time to advise us that our personalized service was up to your entire satisfaction. I shared your compliments with our team members and rest assured they are extremely pleased.

I look forward to welcoming you soon again at the Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, your "Home away from Home", in Egypt.

Reviewed 22 February 2021

I had the lovely fortune to spend almost 3 weeks working remotely at the Hilton in Luxor - I could not have chosen a more idyllic spot - the staff are fantastic - never an answer without a smile! Daily breakfast was the best way to start off the day, usually outside in the sun- Lovely team - the hostesses Engy and Marina, my usual double espresso and fresh OJ from Khaled - the chef Mohamed with the best omelette, Faisal with always a refill - just absolutely lovely! Mohamed-Adel with the special cake of the day!
The rooms were a good size, bathroom as well - no tub, just shower, wifi speed was great - had no probs doing Zoom Calls- ate most nights at Olives or room service - they are the same menu - and take requests! Sayed was the best bringing the dinner up each night!
The gym was great -all the modern equipment with a view of the Nile from the treadmills..the pool and spa also great- had several massages, reflexology - wonderful! Also Sabah from the Hair Salon brought in a barber especially for me and a great haircut!
Really - the stay here made the three weeks of working remotely an absolute holiday - would absolutely recommend to anyone coming to Luxor -Perfect!!

Room tip: Nile Views are great - incredible Sunset over the Nile!!
Date of stay: February 2021
Florian Gruhl, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2021

Dear David,

Greetings from Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa….

Thank you indeed for your kind comments on TripAdvisor site about your recent stay with us and it was our honor to have you as our guest.

I am very proud to read that the service & facilities at our resort exceeded your expectations.

Your feedback about the team members has been conveyed to them and they are so happy to know that their efforts have ended up to your entire satisfaction.

Looking forward to welcoming you again to “your home away from home”, in Egypt.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 22 February 2021 via mobile

It’s definitely the right destination to relax! The view is amazing.
I had a very good time at this hotel. People are so friendly, nice and helpful.
Special thanks to Abubakr at the spa area for finding our lost GoPro camera.
Thanks to the main restaurant team and reception team as well for their warm hospitality.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Nour,

Many thanks for taking the time to advise us that our personalized service was up to your entire satisfaction. I shared your compliments with our team members in particular with Abubakr from our SPA area and rest assured they are extremely pleased.

Reviewed 17 February 2021

I last stayed at the Luxor Hilton 24 years ago. The hotel is now much extended and renovated. I returned, this time from Cairo, with my teenage son, for what was planned to be a 5 night break.

Walk into the hotel and through to the terrace and the view out to the Nile, past the pool, is breathtaking. The pool area is lovely, so inviting. Everything is immaculate and in excellent condition - recliners, chairs, outside furniture - all those things that can become worn so easily. The waterfront feels extended, it doesn't have that lush, cosy feel from before but the plus is that recliners are lined up on the water's edge so you can watch the sun go down, a beer in your hand, as the Nile slips by just a few feet away. The feluccas are still there, but just a couple, I remember from before there used to be many, plying the banks for trade. Now they are 'Hilton' branded and are organised for rental through the hotel.

Our room was very comfortable, good heating and AC, small bathroom but everything there. The standard of housekeeping / cleaning was excellent. There was zero noise from the next room, in fact being in the room was so peaceful and we slept so well.

We had a couple of meals in the Olives restaurant which were fine and of good quality. We had two meals via room service - the pizza excellent, the club sandwich too small and could have done with more salad, good mayo and chunky (as opposed to thin) fries but this may have been a local take on it. There is a Happy Hour from 5-7 pm.
Breakfast was excellent, the best meal of our day, we enjoyed all of it and the great service by the attentive staff. Lots to choose from and lattes and capuccinos if you wished.
In fact being at the hotel was so very pleasant that it was difficult to leave it. We enjoyed our sightseeing - , the temples at Luxor and Karnak, the museum and the Valley of the Kings - but the rest of Luxor, we could leave. Hassle from taxi drivers, carriage drivers, random people in the street asking us for money, we could not walk more than 5 yards without having someone follow us selling something or asking for something. I had not kept up with Luxor since my last visit, knew about the decline in tourism, but had not realised that the 'on the street experience' would be quite so difficult. It would be very helpful if the hotel could reinstate its shuttle bus into the town as being ripped off / experiencing hassle from taxi drivers was an unpleasant part of our stay. We tried Careem and our taxi driver was verbally abused (with us in the car) as we left the driveway of the Hilton by the taxi drivers who wait outside the hotel grounds. Our driver explained that the local taxi drivers do not want Careem and had threatened our driver with trouble from the police. It is very sad and very desperate. It does not make the place feel like a holiday destination, and a well established one at that. The hotel will organise taxis but the rate, given to the hotel by the taxi drivers, is high to ensure that the market rate stays high. In Cairo it all exists side by side but here it is different.

Don't get me wrong, there are some nice guys, some apologised for the hassle, but these are outnumbered. Our Careem driver was lovely but how long Careem will be in existence is difficult to say. I am aware that the taxi part relates to experiences outside of the hotel but it does have an impact on the overall stay. We decided to cut short our stay by 1 night not because there is anything wrong with the hotel, but because we had thought we might be able to enjoy the city as much as the sightseeing. However, with the latter done, there was no reason to stay that final night.

The hotel is set on an ordinary street, The restaurants of old, that could be reached on foot from the hotel of an evening, either closed or just disappeared in the difficult decades that have beset Luxor's tourism market. You can step out, it is a 20 minute or so walk to Karnak, but it is not scenic and there is little pavement.

The hotel is great, I would stay here again and organise set trips and not bother with anything independent. I would not even think to go into local restaurants, such as they are, it is not worth the hassle. Being out and about in Luxor is simply too difficult. Local tourism leaders and hotel chains need to tackle this.

Room tip: Our garden view room was super peaceful.
3  Thank HH2801

Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa….

Your feedback about the team members has been conveyed to them in particular with the front desk team and they are so happy to know that their efforts have ended up to your entire satisfaction.

Looking forward to welcoming you again to “your home away from home”, in Egypt.

Kind regards,