“A Visit to Ancient Egypt Civilization”
Review of Ibis Travel

Ibis Travel
Ranked #20 of 105 Tours in Giza
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Discover Egypt Through Ibis Egypt Tours Website To Find A High Standard Of Holiday Packages Over Egypt For All Things To Do In Egypt Through The: Nile Cruises, Red Sea Holidays And Excursions, Shore Excursions And Quick Trips, Also Book Online Your Private Airport Transfers Covering The Whole Of Egypt International Airports Or Contact Ibis Travel Tour Operators For Designing A Customized Tour.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A visit to Egypt was my dream. My wife and I ventured this once-in- a life time trip after my retirement to know the 3000+ years of culture and civilization of Egypt. My family was leery about our going to Egypt all by ourselves but my contact both by phone and email with Mr. Ahmed gave me confidence that IBIS Travel Company is reliable, prompt, and patient to deal with travelers like us. My VISA card did not work, but IBIS was patient enough to hold our reservations and made accommodations for our changing schedules. Promptly they picked us up from our hotel, extended courtesy to my wife in getting in and out of the vehicle, and dropped us off at the hotel in good time. I must say that Mr. Saed, the driver, Mr. MIna the tour guide, and Mustafa the transfer guy, Ms. Hend the communicator, and Mr. Ahmed the manger were all excellent to make our stay and visit to Egypt comfortable and enjoyable.Our ten day visit included a visit to Mt. Sinai , St. Catherine Monastery, Giza pyramids, St. Mary and other churches, Karanak temples and valley of kings in Luxor, Egypt Museum, and three monasteries near Alexandria. Visits to Mt. Sinai, St. Catherine, and visits to three monasteries offered spiritual dimension, for which I longed for. The knowledge of, and enthusiasm of Mr. Mina the tour guide has greatly added to our enjoyment.
What can I say, I'm thankful for IBIS Travel and all that they did to make our travel safe and enjoyable. Saed and Mina, and Mustafa coordinated our trip well.
There are things that I may mention to help travelers to Egypt. June through August period is not the time to go to Egypt (hot!)with you , take some medicine to guard against stomach upset (a good variety of authentic food, although expensive is available within the hotel premise), costs of visits marginally higher with IBIS but worth their excellent support and help, and Mr. MIna ( a coptic christian)'s gift (thanks to his kindness) of church wine from St. Macarius monastery was disallowed by customs at London Airport ( I wish I should have packed the bottle in my checked baggage!, and declared it. I didn't know!!), and I felt miserable to leave the holy wine with customs guy who I presume may not care for such gifts.
All in all, I highly recommend IBIS Travel company and its people. Talk to them before you plan and they have good recommendations for visits to Egypt and shopping in Cairo.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank sarab12082015
in 3 reviews
"travel company"
"abu simbel"
in 3 reviews
"egyptian history and culture"
"tour leader"
"monasteries"
"kings"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I planned my egypt tour with IBIS.. being a solo traveller and a person who like to see the history, experiance diffrent cultures, food, nature, architecture ect.
My 8 dys at Egypt was a nice experiance as IBIS being very professional and nice travel company. They helped me to plan my tour wto fulfil my expectations.
Had nice travel at Cairo, Laxor, Aswan and Alexandria.
Trip was very value for money and they assured me to give there best at affordable price too.
The staff was very nice I should thank the tour guid Muhamed who was an exeptional guide who gave his best to fulfil my expectations at best.

Special thanks to Hend who was very supportive planning my trip. I was lucky to be accopanied by Noorhend and the nice driver Sahid; who were very helpful to me.

Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

The trip to Egypt, with Ibis Tour, was a adventure of a lifetime. I enjoyed every moment in the Pharaohs Land, and will take some time to stop talking about it. I visited all the things i could in 11 days, and with the help of Ibis Tour guides, an exceptional egyptologist Ph.D. Ahmed Siad, not just i got fascinated of this country, but i also learned the details of their great history. Even if there are rumours of an unsafe country spread in the media, Ibis Tour made us forget of this stuff just by spending quality time with them. It was a surprise

For this amazing journey, beyond my exceptations, i thank you all from Ibis Tour, Mr. Ahmed Khattab, our private guide Mr. Ahmed Siad, Mr. Mohammed, our funny driver Osama and all the other people.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I did a 4-5 hours tour while in transit in Cairo. Egyptian museum, pyramids and papyrus factory. It felt a bit rush at time due to my own time constraint but I enjoyed the tour very much. Very friendly guide and driver and good level of English and knowledge