“The trip of a lifetime”
Review of Travel Egypt Inc

Travel Egypt Inc
Ranked #129 of 397 Tours in Cairo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Providing private tours of the Nile Valley in Egypt including Alexandria, Cairo, Luxor, Aswan and Abu Simbel
Reviewed 1 December 2017

As experienced travellers who normally plan their own trip this was a departure from the norm. We located Nile Cruising by doing an internet search with a view to having only the cruise portion of our trip supplied. We had costed our entire Egypt trip so it was no big deal to have Nile Cruising give us a quote. The price for everything was about the same as we had costed. Anyway to cut a long story short, we accepted the quote and paid up front over the phone. It was a bit funny talking to Terry in Atlanta, Georgie, USA about an Egypt trip. My wife and l joked that until we saw our name being held up by someone at the Cairo Airport we wouldn't be really sure if the trip was going to happen. We got off the plane at Cairo and there was the Travel Egypt representative, Naglaa holding up our name. What staggered us was that she was standing on the airside of customs/immigration. We were through the airport in minutes, she produced pre paid visa stamps and we were off.
From that point on everything they had promised on the itinerary happened. The hotel accomodation was five star, Le Merridien, Steigenberger, Sonesta St, Goerge, Hilton etc. The Nile Cruise was on The Sonesta St. George. Probably the best boat cruising the Nile and certainly one of the highlights of our trip.
To give you an example of attention to detail by Nile Crusing/Travel Egypt, we had an issue with a room of a hotel l have not mentioned. One call to our agent Manal and it was sorted.
Our guides and drivers were first class. Seham Gabr introduced us to the pyramids and the Museum. She reads hieroglyphics like l read a book. Our next guide who stayed with us for the duration of the cruise was a Luxor resident Tamer Tatoo. He is quiet guy who explains everything to you and then gives you free time to wander. I think it took him a day or so to get used to the Aussie sense of humour. He has a great smile and is a really nice guy. And then it was off to Alexandria where we met Iyman. He had been a resident in the US for about twent years till about 2003. This man is passionate about Alexandria and it shows. The tour of the world famous library was the highlight. He was also very serious about not crossing Egyptian roads as a pedestrian.
Then finally back to Cairo where we met our go to lady Manal. She guided us on our lady day and was outstanding. Her request of us was simple, tell everyone that Egypt was safe. We were in Egypt when the attack in the Sinai occurred. We did not for one moment feel threatened.
Finally a big thanks to Terry, Manal and ours drivers, especially Hassan. They made this trip one we will never forget and their efforts on this trip will be the catalyst for us returning to Egypt.

Date of experience: November 2017
travelegyptinc, Manager at Travel Egypt Inc, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2018

Please accept my apology for the late response to your generous comment. It was our pleasure to work with you designing and implementing your program. Please keep us in mind for any future travel plans to the Middle East or South America.

All reviews
in 15 reviews
"pyramids"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 24 September 2017

I would like to thank Travel Egypt inc Cario and Terry from the U.S.A. for another stunning and well planned holiday. The staff were never late, were picked up on time and always ready to help with any situation.

This was my 4th trip arranged by Travel Egypt and I would never use anyone else.

Thanks a million. Hope to see you again soon.

Date of experience: September 2017
1  Thank Lombard2015

I have to apologize for this very late response to your comment. It has always been our pleasure to host you and we look forward to seeing you again, perhaps when the new Grand Egyptian Museum opens.

Reviewed 13 April 2017

Thank you for organising a wonderful segment to our tour of Egypt. Your guide was wonderful and full of information and all went as planned. Thanks indeed. Regards Barry & Karmel Wallace (Australia)

Date of experience: March 2017
Reviewed 31 March 2017

My wife and I recently returned from a trip through Egypt that we booked with Travel Egypt. We enjoyed our trip immensely primarily because of the excellent travel arrangements provided by Travel Egypt.

In booking the trip I dealt with Terry and found him to be extremely knowledgeable and helpful in planning our trip Our trip was a customized version of the "Ramses Nile" itinerary offered by Travel Egypt. The total cost was considerably less for the same thing than I was quoted by other travel agents, and Terry was far more knowledgeable, helpful, easy to deal with, personable, and always available in planning the trip.

Our cruise of Lake Nasser was aboard the Omar El Khayam while the Nile portion of the cruise was aboard the Oberoi Zahra. All of the arrangements and cost of the two cruises were included in the travel package provided by Travel Egypt. We were very pleased with every aspect of our cruises aboard these two ships.

Travel Egypt provided numerous connections and transfers at a number of locations on our trip, all of which were conducted courteously, efficiently and flawlessly. My wife has MS so that she has mobility difficulties. We use a collapsible wheelchair when we travel. Travel Egypt was able to accommodate the wheelchair and assist my wife throughout the trip.

Travel Egypt provided us with a private guide, Emile, in Aswan and Luxor who gave us excellent tours at those tourist locations that were not included with the ships itineraries. Emile speaks excellent English and is thoroughly knowledgeable concerning the history and tourist sites at those locations.

When we returned to Cairo from Luxor, Menal, Travel Egypt's private guide for the Cairo area, also gave us excellent tours of all of the sites at Giza on our first day of touring with her. The following day she gave us an excellent tour of the Egyptian Museum. The pyramids, the Sphinx, and the Egyptian Museum are all very crowded with tourists. Menal was very adept at getting us through those sites so that we were able to be dropped off as close as possible to the actual sites and avoid the crowds as much as possible while seeing everything we wanted to see. Menal is extremely knowledgeable concerning the outstanding tourist sites in Egypt, speaks excellent English, and is very personable and accommodating.

At each airport and cruise ship embarkation and debarkation point Travel Egypt provided a representative who came with us to ensure that we made all of our flight connections, ship embarkations and debarkations. A representative also aided us in checking in and checking out of hotels upon arrival and departure, and before, after and between cruise segments.

My wife and I were extremely pleased with every aspect of the Egypt trip that was so perfectly planned and conducted by Travel Egypt. I highly recommend this travel agency to anyone who is interested in touring the magnificent sites of interest that Egypt has to offer. Neither my wife nor I ever felt endangered during our trip to Egypt.

Date of experience: March 2017
See more reviews
Reviewed 28 February 2017

WOW, I’ll just begin with that, WOW!
I wish that I could think of something to say that would have everyone immediately booking tours in Egypt. It’s amazing & a must see destination . . . but moving on.

TravelEgypt, you rock!! Our dream vacation and you pulled it off without flaw. Beginning with our first toe into exploring agencies, all the way through to our midnight transfer for our flight home . . . not one single micro hiccup.
Terry (in USA office) was great. He was first responder to my tentative inquires, with exactly the answers to questions I didn’t even know I had. He was so helpful in honing our perfect tour, & I do need to know a lot up front to feel comfortable.

Anyway, we had decided to fly in a day early to acclimate, fail. Missed our flight connection due to mechanical, so spent a day in Frankfurt. No problem, TravelEgypt (Manal, Mohamed, Hassan) was there to greet us the next day and everything fell to schedule.

TravelEgypt (TE) has a maximum of 8 for their tours, which sounded perfect. Well, turns out it was just the two of us for the entire trip (except on cruise portion). I have to admit I would have preferred travel mates, but kinda petty to complain about personalized attention, right ;) If asked I would say we covered every inch of the Nile Valley, not true, but it sure felt like it.
Our guides, Manal & then Emile, ran us ragged . . . in a good way, so we were able to experience everything on our dream list. Manal with her warmth, and then Emile with his catch phrase, “I have a plan” with that grin of his.
Ohhhhh, guess it was us that ran them ragged.

We are avid photographers & amateur birders, so we picked the Birding Tour, why not? Pyramids & Oasis, win-win. Partly due to low tourism, partly due to strategic planning by our guides we managed to photograph sites with nary a soul to sully the shot. Not that you can even begin to capture the grandeur of Egypt in photos, but still, we were happy as clams trying.

I guess I’ll slip in here props to our specially acquired bird guide in Fayoum, Ahmed. He was so knowledgeable, and such a delight. He had Manal, & even our driver Hassan, excited about spotting birds.
Plus, there was Mostafa in Abu Simbel, great. Like I said, we had personal attention the whole way!!

The lodging facilities TE uses are awesome. Okay, poor Farouks Lodge (Auberge) in Fayoum certainly needs some tender loving care, but it’s not really on tourism radar even when things are going well. Wish I could afford to purchase it and bring it back to its original beauty, since the location & basic bones are amazing. The staff at every place were helpful, friendly, sweet . . . over and above with customer service.

Tour outline:
Cairo
Giza
Fayoum
Aswan
(fly to fro Abu Simbel)
Cruise (Everything about the Amarco 1 was awesome)
Luxor
Cairo
Exhausted :)

So, all that said, maybe if people didn’t think of Egypt as the dreaded Middle East, but as the Mediterranean (which it is), or Northern Africa (which it is) tourism would pick up. The country is amazing, the people friendly, they so need tourism.
And, addressing safety . . . I felt safer every second there than I do walking to my own mailbox.

Bottom line, go to Egypt and book that trip of a lifetime with TRAVELEGYPT
. . . any questions??