Review Highlights
Zimbabwe and Egypt - June 2018

Over the course of about a year, I worked with Travel Egypt, Inc. to plan a grand finale family... read more

Reviewed 29 June 2018
Terry S
Beaumont, Texas
Highly recommended

Just returned from a family trip to Egypt - everything went very well and we really enjoyed... read more

Reviewed 9 April 2018
fbf2018
County Dublin, Ireland

All reviews mena house wonderful trip cairo airport nile cruise manal cario representative arrangements itinerary kings valley egypt pyramids
Reviewed 13 April 2017

Thank you for organising a wonderful segment to our tour of Egypt. Your guide was wonderful and full of information and all went as planned. Thanks indeed. Regards Barry & Karmel Wallace (Australia)

Date of experience: March 2017
Reviewed 31 March 2017

My wife and I recently returned from a trip through Egypt that we booked with Travel Egypt. We enjoyed our trip immensely primarily because of the excellent travel arrangements provided by Travel Egypt.

In booking the trip I dealt with Terry and found him to be extremely knowledgeable and helpful in planning our trip Our trip was a customized version of the "Ramses Nile" itinerary offered by Travel Egypt. The total cost was considerably less for the same thing than I was quoted by other travel agents, and Terry was far more knowledgeable, helpful, easy to deal with, personable, and always available in planning the trip.

Our cruise of Lake Nasser was aboard the Omar El Khayam while the Nile portion of the cruise was aboard the Oberoi Zahra. All of the arrangements and cost of the two cruises were included in the travel package provided by Travel Egypt. We were very pleased with every aspect of our cruises aboard these two ships.

Travel Egypt provided numerous connections and transfers at a number of locations on our trip, all of which were conducted courteously, efficiently and flawlessly. My wife has MS so that she has mobility difficulties. We use a collapsible wheelchair when we travel. Travel Egypt was able to accommodate the wheelchair and assist my wife throughout the trip.

Travel Egypt provided us with a private guide, Emile, in Aswan and Luxor who gave us excellent tours at those tourist locations that were not included with the ships itineraries. Emile speaks excellent English and is thoroughly knowledgeable concerning the history and tourist sites at those locations.

When we returned to Cairo from Luxor, Menal, Travel Egypt's private guide for the Cairo area, also gave us excellent tours of all of the sites at Giza on our first day of touring with her. The following day she gave us an excellent tour of the Egyptian Museum. The pyramids, the Sphinx, and the Egyptian Museum are all very crowded with tourists. Menal was very adept at getting us through those sites so that we were able to be dropped off as close as possible to the actual sites and avoid the crowds as much as possible while seeing everything we wanted to see. Menal is extremely knowledgeable concerning the outstanding tourist sites in Egypt, speaks excellent English, and is very personable and accommodating.

At each airport and cruise ship embarkation and debarkation point Travel Egypt provided a representative who came with us to ensure that we made all of our flight connections, ship embarkations and debarkations. A representative also aided us in checking in and checking out of hotels upon arrival and departure, and before, after and between cruise segments.

My wife and I were extremely pleased with every aspect of the Egypt trip that was so perfectly planned and conducted by Travel Egypt. I highly recommend this travel agency to anyone who is interested in touring the magnificent sites of interest that Egypt has to offer. Neither my wife nor I ever felt endangered during our trip to Egypt.

Date of experience: March 2017
Reviewed 28 February 2017

WOW, I’ll just begin with that, WOW!
I wish that I could think of something to say that would have everyone immediately booking tours in Egypt. It’s amazing & a must see destination . . . but moving on.

TravelEgypt, you rock!! Our dream vacation and you pulled it off without flaw. Beginning with our first toe into exploring agencies, all the way through to our midnight transfer for our flight home . . . not one single micro hiccup.
Terry (in USA office) was great. He was first responder to my tentative inquires, with exactly the answers to questions I didn’t even know I had. He was so helpful in honing our perfect tour, & I do need to know a lot up front to feel comfortable.

Anyway, we had decided to fly in a day early to acclimate, fail. Missed our flight connection due to mechanical, so spent a day in Frankfurt. No problem, TravelEgypt (Manal, Mohamed, Hassan) was there to greet us the next day and everything fell to schedule.

TravelEgypt (TE) has a maximum of 8 for their tours, which sounded perfect. Well, turns out it was just the two of us for the entire trip (except on cruise portion). I have to admit I would have preferred travel mates, but kinda petty to complain about personalized attention, right ;) If asked I would say we covered every inch of the Nile Valley, not true, but it sure felt like it.
Our guides, Manal & then Emile, ran us ragged . . . in a good way, so we were able to experience everything on our dream list. Manal with her warmth, and then Emile with his catch phrase, “I have a plan” with that grin of his.
Ohhhhh, guess it was us that ran them ragged.

We are avid photographers & amateur birders, so we picked the Birding Tour, why not? Pyramids & Oasis, win-win. Partly due to low tourism, partly due to strategic planning by our guides we managed to photograph sites with nary a soul to sully the shot. Not that you can even begin to capture the grandeur of Egypt in photos, but still, we were happy as clams trying.

I guess I’ll slip in here props to our specially acquired bird guide in Fayoum, Ahmed. He was so knowledgeable, and such a delight. He had Manal, & even our driver Hassan, excited about spotting birds.
Plus, there was Mostafa in Abu Simbel, great. Like I said, we had personal attention the whole way!!

The lodging facilities TE uses are awesome. Okay, poor Farouks Lodge (Auberge) in Fayoum certainly needs some tender loving care, but it’s not really on tourism radar even when things are going well. Wish I could afford to purchase it and bring it back to its original beauty, since the location & basic bones are amazing. The staff at every place were helpful, friendly, sweet . . . over and above with customer service.

Tour outline:
Cairo
Giza
Fayoum
Aswan
(fly to fro Abu Simbel)
Cruise (Everything about the Amarco 1 was awesome)
Luxor
Cairo
Exhausted :)

So, all that said, maybe if people didn’t think of Egypt as the dreaded Middle East, but as the Mediterranean (which it is), or Northern Africa (which it is) tourism would pick up. The country is amazing, the people friendly, they so need tourism.
And, addressing safety . . . I felt safer every second there than I do walking to my own mailbox.

Bottom line, go to Egypt and book that trip of a lifetime with TRAVELEGYPT
. . . any questions??

Date of experience: February 2017
Reviewed 7 October 2016 via mobile

We had a great week in Egypt from start to finish - met at the airport, step by step for all travel arrangements and guides for just 3 of us to see Cairo, Abu Simbel and Luxor to Aswan via a nile cruise with Sonesta Moon Goddess - we particularly liked our guides - Ahmed Elansary for the cruise portion, and Manal Sayed in Cairo.

We had world class hotels - the Meridien at Cairo airport, Old Cararact Sofitel in Aswan and the Mena House in Giza (you can see the pyramids from your room balcony) - wonderful food without any problems with anything we wanted to try - and so many ancient temples and museums - even a hot air balloon ride over Kings Valley in Luxor.

So much intriguing culture and history and the people were so welcoming and friendly - sometimes the vendors at the tourist stops can be too friendly trying to get you to just look at their stuff - but never really "unsafe" - just sometimes need to give them a firm "no" of you are not really interested in what they have - otherwise they think you just want a lower price and keep trying to get you to negotiate a bargain.

I highly recommend it and wonder why so many Americans are so hesitant to travel now - though there were political events in the past, it seems quite stable and secure now - and we were very well looked after. Go travel Egypt.

Date of experience: October 2016
1  Thank jhofsf
Reviewed 21 June 2016

I've dreamed of traveling to Egypt for years. Originally I planned on traveling solo; then a friend decided to join me. Terry McKendree with Travel Egypt Inc planned a 3 week trip for the two of us covering Giza, a cruise on the Nile, the many sites in and around Luxor, Dendara and the Temple of Philae. Every detail was covered from being met at the airport(s), staying in 5 star hotels, and having wonderful drivers and guides. They also organized a trip to Jordan so we could visit Petra and the Temple of Athena. Travel Egypt Inc found a way to include every thing we wanted to experience. It has been over a year since our travels and we still celebrate our memories!!!

Date of experience: March 2016