All reviews walking distance starbucks downstairs contemporary design central seoul business hotel sister hotel great hotel office building bukchon hanok village mini mart room temperature jongno ga hotel room business trip housekeeping staff rooms are small hotel is located
Reviewed 15 August 2018

I wrote a lot of what I had to hear at hall way and thought it could had been very uncomfortable if in presence of a child, or how I've seen most guests being quite attached young couples or how I would go with my girlfriend but not with my family. But I decide to erase because it may sound inappropriate or may sound negative to some people. All I could say is that if I was still at my 20s and have a date, I probably had been a big fan. Great location with many fun and drinking place around hotel. Hotel tone and their bar is nice as well. But I just felt not right to bring my little boy and wife to stay. (Couples for Shilla Stay? Family for Shilla Resort?)

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
MYUNGKWANG S, 프론트 매니저 at Shilla Stay Gwanghwamun, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2018

Dear Valued Customer

First of all, we would like to express our sincere thanks for your warm comments about Shilla Stay.

We are all really happy to hear that you had a memorably good time during your stay with us.The kind comments you left about your experience during your stay will be of great help to those who are planning to use Shilla Stay.

As always, your compliments and words of encouragement inspire us to serve you better by making Shilla Stay a more attractive hotel you would like to revisit, as a business hotel bearing the values of Hotel Shilla.

We deeply appreciate your valuable comments again and sincerely wish you and your family good health and peace.

Reviewed 31 July 2018

Location is good which is next to insa-dong. you could walk around there evening.
Bus stop is in ~3-5mins walking distance.
Train station is in ~3-5mins walking distance.

Room is clean, cleaner is very nice to everyone.

Service at front desk name Olivia Shin is rude to us during our check in time and the last day when we ask for the taxi service :( others staff at front desk is friendly and nice.

their front desk is at level 8 and if you ask for taxi service, the driver will wait for you and help you to carry your luggage at level 8.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
MYUNGKWANG S, 프론트 매니저 at Shilla Stay Gwanghwamun, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2018

Dear Valued Customer

We are truely sorry to your inconvenience regarding our staff's service during your stay with us.
The kind comments you left about your experience during your stay will be helpful to those who are planning to use Shilla Stay.

Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

Found the atmosphere rather cold. Lobby on the 8th floor. Dark furnitures, tiles. Rooms small. Service issues. Instead of breakfast I wanted a coffee to go and was asked to pay for it. Pizza and wine for dinner, asked for a glass of water and was told to get it myself. Spend 100 hotel nights a year in Asia and this was a disappointing experience.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business

Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

Shilla Stay is an excellent hotel located at the city center- near Gwanghwamun. Upon arrival, my friends and I were treated with warmth and welcomed by all the friendly reception staffs. Staffs gave us some advice on amenities near the hotel, which made our trip more enjoyable. I would recommend this excellent hotel to everybody without any hesitation. Thank you to all at the Shilla Stay Hotel who made our stay so memorable.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends

Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

For visitors to Seoul wanting to stay in the city centre, the Shillastay Gwanghwamun is the ideal destination. The condition of the room is phenomenal considering the fact that the room rate per night doesn't go more than $120. The entire front desk staffs are as welcoming and friendly as they always were during my last visit in January! Undoubtedly one of my favourite hotels in Seoul.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo