Reviews (1 144)
1 144 results
All reviews east gate the executive lounge griffin bar sky view room skyview room blt ddp the entire staff the general manager platinum member concierge staff special thanks nespresso machine subway station wonderful hotel indoor pool rooftop bar
21 - 26 of 1 144 reviews
Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed five very comfortable nights here and truly felt well looked after. The rooms are well sized and beds are comfortable. Buckwheat pillows were provided at my request. The location is amazing for food, shopping and transport. Great local food and all night Long shopping at the doorstep. The train station is literally in the basement of this hotel and Zaha Hadid’s cultural centre is diagonally across offering access to yet another two train lines.
Jessica at the concierge desk deserves mention for her enthusiasm in directing us to some of the best meals we had in Seoul, and all from her personal favourites list!! Together with Kevin , they have set a new standard for us to compare future concierges!
The breakfast was a good spread although we did wish for more variety between days at the hotel.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Terence L
JWMDDM, General Manager at JW Marriott Dongdaemun Square Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Dear Terence L,

Thank you very much for your kind review. I agree with you that Jessica and Kevin are amazing associates who do a tremendous job. I hope to see you again on your next trip to Seoul.

Reviewed 8 October 2018

Good location (lots of shopping area and restaurants near by)Hotel itself is luxury , comfortable , full facility Staffs are all friendly, helpful and speak fluent English Staff in concierge can arrange any types of taxi for you and help to plan your trip

Room Tip: Sky view room
Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank tkfchung

Dear tkfchung,

Thank you very much for your review. I appreciate you taking the time to write and share your experience.
I look forward to taking care of you again on your next visit.

Reviewed 6 October 2018

My family with a 9 month old recently completed a long term stay at the JW Marriott Dongdaemun and it exceeded all of our expectations. The customer service was top-notch, and as platinum members we were used to being treated well in Marriott properties in Asia but the staff at JW Marriott Dongdaemun was hands down the best we have ever encountered in our experience. The Executive Lounge staff really became more like our family during our time there and big thanks to Andrew, Amy, Cindy, Hailey and Sujin who made our daily lives easier and more enjoyable. Andrew even came in on his day off to see us on our last day of our stay. The staff has expert knowledge on all the sights and attractions of Seoul and Jessica and Michael at the front desk and concierge were always a joy to interact with. In addition to the amazing location of the JW Marriott Dongdaemun next to all the shopping you can ever imagine, the property and rooms themselves were well appointed and made the stay really luxurious and that's not even mentioning the pool! The pool at the JW Marriott Dongademun is a sight to be seen. If you ever wanted to swim under chandeliers, this is the place to go!

I cannot stress how welcoming we felt at this hotel from all the hotel staff to even the housekeeping. Our housekeeper Soonho was the nicest person we met who knitted a scarf and a hat for our baby before we left. The friendships we made here are the reasons why we would not even consider another property to stay at if we were ever to come back to Seoul. The JW Marriott Dongdaemun is the best and only choice if you want to have a memorable and enjoyable stay in Seoul.

Also, thanks to the GM Matthew Cooper for being so responsive and ensuring everything was to perfection for our stay. Hope we cross paths again in the future!

Room Tip: We stayed in suite 1029 and it was really spacious and ideal for traveling with an infant, the walk in closet doubled as our baby room.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank angai369
JWMDDM, General Manager at JW Marriott Dongdaemun Square Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Dear angai369,

What a lovely review, Thank you. It was our pleasure to be your interim home to you and your lovely family. Breakfast in our restaurant is not as much fun without seeing our smallest and cutest guest waving and blowing kisses at us every morning. I am so glad I had the good fortune to meet you and I hope that your relocation was successful. We cant wait to meet you all again in the future. Please give our love to your family and especially the littlest one who we miss a lot.

Reviewed 30 September 2018

Love the location, rooms, service, gym, and restaurants. Staff is always attentive but not overly so - It’s a classy place but casual at the same time, which I like. My only complaint is I wish the the tavolo breakfast buffet had a self serve coffee machine available. The staff working the big machine always seem to be a little busy so the coffee can sometimes be a wait. Not good when you need that caffeine fix bad.... but then again no big deal but noticeable when you eat there often.

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the gate are awesome. But people can see inside so be mindful of what you wear while standing at the window please.
Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank uedac
JWMDDM, General Manager at JW Marriott Dongdaemun Square Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2018

Dear uedac,

Thank you very much for your kind review and I appreciate you taking time to let people know of your experience. I take your comments on board for breakfast. We do have a self service machine beside the bakery section, so I am sorry you were not directed to this. I look forward to seeing you on your next stay.

Kind regards

Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

Very attractive property. Excellent service. Room was large, modern, functional. Bed and pillows very comfortable. As a platinum member we had a room just steps from the Executive lounge. Breakfast in lounge very good. Located right by the number 1 & 4 subway lines.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jay N
JWMDDM, General Manager at JW Marriott Dongdaemun Square Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2018

Dear Jay N,

Thank you very much for your kind review and a very big thank you for your continued loyalty to Marriott International. We love hosting our top Marriott Rewards Elite members and showing our gratitude for your continued patronage. I look forward to seeing you again very soon.