“Have been living in Korea for 5 years but it is the only places where the quality of food never disappoints me ~”

Kervan Turkish Restaurant Itaewon
Ranked #217 of 124 390 Restaurants in Seoul
Cuisines: Turkish
Neighbourhood: Itaewon
Neighbourhood: Itaewon
Reviewed 16 April 2018

I love Iskender and the bread there. They bring the bread fresh out of the oven and their staff looks neat and clean. The service is on another level ~

Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

First Dined in Wednesday the 4th April 2018 around 2.00pm with 4 people. We also dines twice more in following days until the “smartass” young Uzbek boy reminded us that we should not expect too good from this place.

Very hospitable Turkish chefs welcome every guest at the entrance and engage with customers and offer personalised service, do a nice quick chit chat, it was amazing, they ask your preferences and do the menu accordingly.

We were delighted with the performance of these 3 professional chefs who were the reason for us coming next 2 consecutive days although there were many other options (being in Korea).

Food is surprisingly excellent from kebab to appetisers.

I understand that they (probably the management) tried to do a “trendy” concept of diving the place into two as “Lounge-a la Carte dining room” and “express grab and go” however the execution was terrible.

In all occasions we sat at express section as we wanted to eat fast, we were not the only one as the express area was full and “lounge” areas was empty. 4+1 servers were insisting on waiting in the empty “lounge” and not moving to “so called express” section to clean or offer assistance.

We waited for around 27-36 minutes in each time for food to be ready in “express” section, imagine what if we would say at “the lounge”!
When they got busy, the behaviour of the young Uzbek boy who wears chef hat (which I think is waste and shame) shocked us as he told us “sold-out” an item which was obviously available as it was served tree other people who entered the place after us. I was sure that our order was a bit too much to calculate for him.

I am hoping that the owner of this place do closer observation on their performance at the point of sale and see potential of potential “lost”on revenue.

Once again Turkish chefs were amazingly amazing and food was awesome!

1  Thank yusufyaran
Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

Actually do not where to begin writing about FAVE, I let you decide by the picture posted.

Not sure of their lunch or dinner but after my first and only breakfast with them... I know I have not dine well...

For a quick getaway retreat, my wife and me want to get away to another place, pronto.

Rooms is just a 3 star, location of hotel is marvelous.

Cheers guys and happy travelling and be safe...

Reviewed 21 March 2018

food is nice and atmosphere is good as well.A nice place to visit with family and friends. The staff is very attentive . It is a great place to grab some nice halal food while in Korea.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 13 March 2018

Honestly it's my first time try eating a turkish food. I often pass this restaurant while going to work, but never had any chance to try until one day finally I was able to come here with my friend. I ordered the chicken kebab and my friend ordered the pizza, and we got some soup, bread, and salad for free (because we order before 3PM). The chicken kebab is delicious, but the pizza was little bit plain. The free soup is very delicious, but the rest were so-so. Looking at the price, I think it's too pricey. But well, it's Itaewon tho, anywhere is expensive.

Date of visit: January 2018