Reviews (2 793)
2 793 results
1 677
1 677
All reviews heavenly bed oldest hotel aria restaurant city hall lower lobby the executive lounge lotte department store spg member cocktail hour nespresso machine walking distance mobile phone great gym club level central location excellent location underground shopping
10 - 15 of 2 793 reviews
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed here for 5 days paid for six. What? Since I was to arrive around 6 am they wouldn’t guarantee me an early check in. Whether they were so booked or they just wanted the extra cash I can’t tell you. Breakfast was ridiculously expensive at 55000 won. Really? Though they would give me a 10% member discount for dinner, not for breakfast however. Go to president hotel or Ibis ambassador, more than half the price.
Other than that. This was an excellent hotel. Staff was terrific. Room was on top floor, business deluxe. Very spacious bedroom and bathroom and great views.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 October 2018

My teenage daughter and I stayed her recently and had a great experience overall. It was pretty much what you read in most reviews. Great location, and especially good and friendly service from everyone we encountered.

The room had a bit of an older/stale smell that comes with an older hotel. It wasn't too bad, and the room itself had been updated in terms of outlets, lighting, wifi, etc. It even came with a cell phone, which was really helpful. Overall the stale smell wouldn't prevent me from staying again.

For those with food allergies - I think this hotel would be a good bet. I did not have my food-allergic child with me, but the service was so over the top, and the English so good, that I would have felt comfortable with him here. Additionally, they had signs all over the breakfast buffet asking customers to alert them to any special requests or food allergies. So there is at least some level of awareness.

My only complaint...my daughter laughs at me for this and chides me re first world problems....is the coffee situation at breakfast. It's ridiculous. There is a coffee station/counter in the buffet area. You can get any kind of coffee and it's very good. The problem is you have to WAIT IN LINE for your coffee. Like at Starbucks (but a bit faster). So the food you just got gets cold by the time you get back with your coffee. And then if you want more coffee, you have to keep getting up and standing in line. Nobody waits on you and asks if you'd like coffee or water.

I'm sorry, but I travel the world and stay at all kinds of Marriott and SPG properties. I have never encountered this. If I'm paying $50 USD for a breakfast buffet, is it too much to ask to relax and have someone bring you coffee? Especially when they are charging 10% service fee on top of that, yet not actually providing service?

Tips - there is an ATM in the lobby, kind of hidden near the bathrooms. There are no ATMs or banks nearby...only money exchange shops...so if you're planning on ATM find it before you leave the hotel.

When trying to find Myeongdong/shopping, the concierge told us to go out the back entrance of the hotel, turn left, and look for the stairs to cross. It took us awhile to figure out, but when you see stairs that look like they are going to the metro, and they say "underground shopping mall," you go down and go through the shops to cross under the street. Many corners in Seoul are like this - impossible to cross without going through the underground shopping. So just look for those stairs. It would be difficult to get around via walking if you have physical limitations due to all the stairs (unless there is an elevator somewhere I don't know about). Although cabs are cheap and you could get around that way.

All in all, a great property. Whomever is doing the service training is exceptional.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank 5ExpatsInAsia
Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

very expensive comparing to neighbouring hotels and no direct path to Myeongdong (even tho Myeongdong is just across the street, the pedestrian crossing is a good 5min walk away, you can go thru the subway but it's a lot of stairs, not ideal for people with weak knees nor after you've done lots of shopping). hotel is old and service is horrible cuz there's simply none. never staying again

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
Westin C, 제너럴 매니저 at The Westin Chosun Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear CandyC1465

I am Ryu Jae-young,
general manager of Westin Chosun Hotel in Seoul.

We would like to thank you for choosing our hotel and for your stay and apologize deeply for making you feel uncomfortable during your stay.

I wish I could have helped you find a more comfortable way.
If you have a chance to visit us next time, please feel free to ask our staff any questions.
We are ready for your comfortable stay and a pleasant experience in Seoul.

Once again thank you for your comments and look forward to seeing you again.

Thank you.
Best regards,

Ryu Jae Young

Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

서울 중심부에 위치한 오랜 역사와 전통의 호텔.
지하철 시청역이 소공동지하도로와 연결되며, 반대편은 명동의 입구임. 시설이 아주 현대적이지는 않지만 클래식하며, 프랑스식 레스토랑(나인스게이트)는 중요한날 중요한 사람과 한번은 가볼만함.

Located in the center of the Seoul, well connected with subway & bus.
This is also one of the historical hotel in Korea. Facility is not so modern but classical.
This is also famous of some restaurant, for example, french & japanese.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 October 2018

We were stayed 2 adult+one kid from 1st oct till 04-Oct 2018, The room is perfect, we had deluxe with king size bad, our manager Lucy was very attentive, thanks to her separately. The pool is amazing, there are two small tubs with hot water as well, so we liked it, especially our daughter was happy. The breakfast is good. The ninth gate restaurant on lobby floor made good impressions, we took pure and some Italian food.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family