“Some of the best coffee I have ever tasted”
Review of Easy Cafe

Easy Cafe
Cuisines: Cafe, Singaporean
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Your purveyors of Specialty Coffee in Myanmar freshly roasted and curated by Gentleman Coffee Roasters. easy is your 'home away from home'. easy opened in December 2013 with a single-minded objective - to 'make it easy, take it easy and have it easy' for every guest that wanders into easy neighbourhood, be it for a cup of delicious coffee produced all over the world or to tantalize their tastebuds with easy’s array of asian western fusion gourmet delights. Come 'easy up' with easy!
Reviewed 23 May 2018

I want to say this is the best coffee in Yangon but I haven't tried every cafe here so perhaps I cannot yet make that claim. However, compared to the cafes I've frequented back in the US, this place offered some of the best coffee I have ever tasted in my life. It is a small, intimate location close to the famous Aung Mingalar Shan restaurant. The first time I visited, the kind staff recommended a flat white (popular in the country down under) - a concoction that I have not tried before. It's similar to a cappuccino but without all that foam. It was beautifully aromatic and bold without any hint of bitterness, brewed with their very own Statesman blend (composed of beans from Myanmar and a few other countries).

The second time I visited, they recommended the Piccolo latte, a variation of the latte and I actually enjoyed this even more than the flat white. Smooth, creamy, and bold, also made with their Statesman blend again.

The coffee shop itself is quite small but intimate and charming, hipster vibes complete with staff roasting coffee right in front of the coffee. Service is excellent and the staff are impressively knowledgeable about their coffee. Internet is also quite good if you need to get stuff done. I will definitely be returning here for my future visits to Yangon and most unreservedly recommend you try it out. I am ecstatic to see the coffee scene developing in Yangon and Easy Cafe certainly is a leading member of this new movement.

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank Steven L
Javier P, Owner at Easy Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2018

Hihi,

Thank you for your very kind and generous review on easy. We are simply elated to hear of your positive experience with us. We've always tried our best to showcase the extra deliciousness of specialty grade coffee roasted right compared to many commercial grade elsewhere. Your feedback is an affirmation we are in the right direction. Thank you once again!

We hope to continue serving you better in each of your visits! Have a great day!

Reviewed 4 May 2018

I'm a regular at Easy and am yet to hit a dud on the menu, they are doing brilliantly delicious things with coffee and the staff could not be more helpful. Wifi sometimes a little unreliable but the cake and coffee more than make up for it. Definitely my favourite coffee spot in Yangon!

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank Flyingrachel
Javier P, Owner at Easy Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2018

Hihi,

Thank you for your very kind and generous review on easy. Ecstatic and delighted to hear of your positive experience! The staffs would be so happy to read this. Thank you and we look forward to continue serving you!

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

If you love coffee you have to go to this place, different beans for the coffee variations, staff is very professional and knows a lot, very good baristas.
The atmosphere is very easy, seems popular among digital nomads, comfortable bright and stylish interior, invites you to stay there a longer time.

Though this place is often recommended for the coffee you should definitely try something from their food menu to your hot drink.
You can taste that they put a lot of effort in their meals and snack, very balanced spices and flavors of the fresh ingredients.

And as a. german i was in heaven when i tasted their wholegrainbread which is slighty roasted and catapulted me in bread-heaven together with the avocado and the egg! Thank you for the best breakfast i had in 3 weeks in Myanmar. You made me very happy with the bread ( and the coffee too
:) )

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank Mirella M
Javier P, Owner at Easy Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Hihi,

Thank you for your very kind and generous review on easy. We are delighted to hear that you had a great and positive experience with us. From a coffee lover to another coffee lover, it brings me great pleasure and confidence that you liked it very much. We hope to continue serving you again in your next visit. Have a great day ahead!

Reviewed 19 February 2018

What a pleasure to find this place, which is just a few doors down from Aung Mingalar shan noodles. It is a world-class coffee roaster and coffee shop that makes coffee geeks happy. And the pugs on premises keep the pug lovers happy too. Espresso shots are pulled at perfect temperature, allowing the rich fruity flavours to dance on the palate. Coffee is sourced from different places including Myanmar and hand roasted on premises in small batches. The house blend for espresso includes some Myanmar grown coffee and was my favourite. We bought some beans to take home. Wish I could have brought a pug home too.

Date of visit: February 2018
5  Thank raincitysunshine
Javier P, Owner at Easy Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

hihi

it was really enjoyable reading your review. thank you for your very kind and generous review on easy. We very very delighted to hear that you've enjoyed the specialty coffee and cafe experience with us. we are pug lovers indeed :)

Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

Went for a slice of cake and a coffee. Cake was okay and the coffee was vey basic while both were extremely oberpriced! Avoid this place if possible. There are many better options on the same street....

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank Matej H
Javier P, Owner at Easy Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2018

Hihi,

I'm sorry that you feel this way about our pricing. If I may explain our pricing here. The coffees we sourced here in Myanmar are all 100% Arabica Specialty-Grade coffee and we paid the premium export price to keep them here. Likewise in all coffee producing origins, good coffee are exported overseas to the US, UK, AU and other developed countries. We aspire to keep them here to serve the domestic market to help them appreciate the best produce of their land. These premium export prices have a massive positive impact to breaking the chains of poverty and debt cycle of these smallholders producers find themselves which we have grown fond of in our multiple visits to their farms. Specialty coffee in US, UK and other developed countries will easily be priced USD4-5 while ours are USD3 and under hence the lower margins we receive because we want to make it more accessible to the masses. I hope you will understand why we price as such.

Still, we appreciate your review and thank you for making the time to come visit us. If there's anyway we can assist you, please feel free to let us know.

Many apologies!