Reviews (1 144)
1 144 results
All reviews colonial style captains bar polished teak shwedagon pagoda beautiful colonial hotel colonial feel pool area a small boutique hotel old world charm no lift rooms are large busy yangon lovely pool the ground floor an oasis french restaurant first floor
64 - 69 of 1 144 reviews
Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

This is a nice and friendly place. I should have titled it cool as I visited Mayanmar in May with temperatures hovering around 100. It’s clean and neat and all pricing is surprisingly in US dollar. It is not for the budget traveler. The staff were very helpful. I would recommend this hotel. It’s not located in downtown Yangon but cabs are easy to find and not expensive.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank VISWANADHAM G
Reviewed 10 May 2018

The rooms are large and beautifully decorated - old wooden style. The Breakfast and service particularly amazing. The hotel is located near the pagoda which is convenient but a little far from downtown Yangon.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 30 April 2018

It is very rare I get to review a hotel in the city where I live but I have two to catch up on here in Yangon. We recently had a night in another hotel as a treat before a big going away brunch which I will review later but this week we got to stay in the Savoy Hotel. The power system in Yangon is very poor and in the hot weather power cuts can happen several times a day and last for several hours. This particular day the electricity and with it the AC was off for about 6 hours and as we have a small child we decided to treat ourselves to a night in the Savoy which is only 10 minutes walk from the house. We have eaten here many times and the bistro is great and we have seen the pool and grounds many times. The building itself is old and very beautiful and the whole thing surrounds a lovely pool. The rooms too are very old fashioned but extremely comfortable. It was like stepping back in time to a different era, except of course for the very welcome AC and a nice meal in the restaurant. My wife is vegetarian and it turns out they have a special more extensive veggie menu on a Thursday night.

Breakfast was very tasty, there is a buffet and an A La Carte option. My Eggs Benedict was delicious.

The staff are extremely helpful and hearing about our electricity issues they said we could have a late checkout and hang out by the pool all day if we wanted. The rate last minute for one night was reasonable as well although we cant afford to come here every time the power shuts down.

Room Tip: The room we had looked onto the parking lot, the area is a busy intersection but there may be better views from the second floor.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 April 2018

doesn't look like much from the outside as you arrive but it hides a great hotel with all the faciliites and a lively bar. comfortable rooms and a fine breakfast on the balcony with good service. we didn't use the pool or other facilities but they all appear to be good.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 April 2018

Different members of our family have stayed at the Savoy Hotel during the past years. The combined conclusion: The Savoy is an exceptional hotel. Professional staff, courteous and kind-hearted have made us again feel welcome and comfortable. The GM was most helpful with a health emergency. My wife and thank the Savoy for a vey good stay of nine days.

Room Tip: All rooms are located with a pool view. The hotel as a whole is most peaceful!
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple