Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 April 2019

The GHS Hotel will NEVER see me again, the terrible service and management made for an unforgettably bad experience. The hotel was clean, but over priced and the worst breakfast I've seen in my years of travelling. The concierge was unfriendly, unhelpful and straight out rude. On arrive I was informed of an issue the hotel has on payment due to the contract they have in place with a booking agent, after I've paid in full via a reputable travel agent and supplied proof of my booking and payment, the concierge made their unsuccessful hotel contract, my problem and demanded another payment to be made to them directly before being allowed to check in. This after travelling for 2 days and 4 flights. The GHS hotel management staff do not know the meaning of hospitality.

Room tip: The only tip I can give is to find another Hotel, for the rate, this is nothing special.
Date of stay: March 2019
Reviewed 24 February 2019

Went back to GHS with my family for a weekend lunch out. We love coming to this special hideout...we relax and and always have good times here. Even though the prices are a bit on the high side but it's value for money!!!!

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank mudausandra
Reviewed 3 September 2018

Had a good time in May with my family, the staff are great, the food was yum and we enjoyed visiting the Museum too. Our daughter enjoyed the pool as we sat at the pool side, good that they have guides manning the pool too!

Date of stay: May 2018
1  Thank mudausandra
Reviewed 7 April 2018

This hotel's poor, unethical management caused many problems for my organization, which hosted an international workshop in February 2018 at GHS. Unfortunately they are one of few hotels that speak some English and were able to give us a decent conference price/contract. My biggest complaint has to do with their unethical management practice of picking the exchange rate that best favors their business, clearly going against the signed contract. Due to the decreased value of their currency (CFA) against the USD in Feb, they felt it was okay to break the contract's quote (in CFA) and instead charge us the new, increased price at the new exchange rate. Many, many hours (over 2 weeks) were spent arguing over this unfair new charge. After threatening legal action and at the 11th hour, the owner of the hotel agreed to the original, quoted rate.

Other complaints include poor service for conferences: 1) food was always served late or cold; 2) they did not clean the conference room unless you told them 10+ times; 3) poor judgement of how long it would take to get things done (essential conference supplies such as copies, water, etc. were not delivered as promised or on time); 4) horrible internet service for participants in conference room (took them 5 days to find a solution for half the participants, other half were out of luck); 5) trying to charge us more than their stated policy on "no shows".

I understand things will not run how someone from other parts of the world might expect. But I do expect an international hotel and its management to be realistic about their capabilities to maintain professional decorum and adhere to signed contracts.

Date of stay: February 2018
Reviewed 30 June 2017

The room is quite nice, big, with a big bathroom. Cleaned very well every day. The breakfast is good and very generous. On the day, the breakfast sector turns into restaurant offering international dishes (sandwiches, pasta, steaks, pizza...) , but this one is not good, the meals are rather poor and quite expensive compared to common local prices.
The Tunisian girl who is one of receptionists in this hotel is really beautiful and nice. In general, the stuff is helpful.

Date of stay: June 2017