“mazing vegetarian food”

Spice Restaurant & Lounge Bar
Ranked #28 of 135 Restaurants in Kinshasa
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 13 April 2019 via mobile

Just loved the vegetarian food here and roti and naan were done very well
Can't feel we are away from the best restaurants in India..
Also they have changed interiors and now looks much fresh.
One must visit Spice if they love indian food

Date of visit: April 2019
1  Thank sanjayd0shi
Write a reviewReviews (35)

Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

After recieving my menu i was told that there was a printing mistake instead of it being 18,000 ($12) congolese franc for a main dish it should be $18 !!.
Ive travelled to 30 odd african countries and ive lost coynt hoe many times this has happened to me in restaurants.
The chicken had more bones than meat. Wasn't good.

Avoid this place

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

Amazing flavors and good value for money combine for the best Indian restaurant I have tasted in central Africa. The welcome is great, the decor is modern and subtle and the menu is extensive. The food was relatively quick and the taste was amazing. All server in sizzler plates do the food was hot. All very different tastes and best option is to share a number of dishes in the middle of the table. Try the chicken sheesh kebab, chicken tikka and prawn tikka all great dishes.
I would thoroughly recommend this restaurant.

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank Danny_Zam
Reviewed 8 March 2018

Reasonably good food, in fact quite tasty. It is an elegant restaurant, well finished decorwise. Typical Indian menu with also some Thai/Chinese cuisine mixed in also. Had the Paneer Tikka Masala, another guest had Lamb. No complaints on the food side. Let down a bit (like so many in DRC) by the quality of the service. Painfully slow and even when the drinks and food did arrive the glacial process of opening the bottle and pourinig it was almost part of a floor show!! Don't let that deter you from the food though. There is a lounge bar next door part of the same establishment but we didn't try that.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

The service of this beautiful restaurant is good apart from the fact that I ordered three drinks and that they made me pay for four! Be careful, check your bill! The manager is Indian. He came to our table to explain us the dessert menu, in English. He was friendly and professional.

On the other hand, the food is really questionable. The dhal was good, but all the parathas (Indian breads), both the laccha parathas and the aloo parathas were burned. So burned, in truth, that I couldn't eat them! My girlfriend ordered a fried rice with chicken. It was too spicy, too oily and we had a hard time to find chicken in the red rice! She left it all.

For dessert, we had a gulab jamun and a gajar halwa. The gulab jamun was good, like in India, but I found a bodily hair in the gajar halwa. That cut my appetite! Of course, I didn't say anything to my girlfriend. We only have one or two date nights per week.

After eating, I had a stomachache that lasted three hours and the following day I had diarrhea. I won't go back to this restaurant. I don't think it's the best Indian restaurant in Kinshasa, as other reviewers have suggested.

Date of visit: January 2018