“Dinner date”

Restaurant La Villa Tricana
Ranked #40 of 135 Restaurants in Kinshasa
Price range: US$20 - US$45
Cuisines: Portuguese
Description: Upscale restaurant in European and Congolese gastronomy. Several specialties to be discovered on site, on demand or by reservation. Frame distracted, quiet, accessible to town. Free valet parking, Free parking monitored by a security guard.
Reviewed 18 December 2018 via mobile

The food was great, the drinks perfect and the service was lovely.it was quiet and cozy, they worked quickly and efficiently.

Date of visit: December 2018
1  Thank Joekal1
Write a reviewReviews (24)

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

La Villa Tricana is a good restaurant where you can eat Congolese food or European food. The menu is well-balanced. My girlfriend took a cordon bleu and I a supreme de poulet. At first, she wanted goat, but then they told her they didn't have any left. My dish was good. As a starter, we had a 'velouté de légumes', a vegetable soup. It was good as well. With a couple of soft drinks, we paid $70. It's pricey, but not overpriced.

The restaurant is decorated, but I wouldn't say 'well decorated': I saw two paintings: the one of a rooster and the one of a peacock. It was really awkward. Outside, there is a small pool behind a fake lawn, decorated by fake plants and fake flowers. Not a place you would hang out for hours! We saw a rat passing by, a little bit surprised that all this vegetation was made of plastic, I guess.

The waitresses were pleasant, but smileless and I had to repeat my order several times before they understood what I wanted. The supreme de poulet I ordered had to come with vegetables and potatoes. They asked me if I wanted a side dish. "No, I replied, since it is supposed to come with vegetables and potatoes". "Ah, they replied, you want potatoes as a side dish". "No, I said, just the dish as it is on the menu, chicken, potatoes and vegetables, without adding anything."

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Very good restaurant with options for everyone. The place is also beautiful and the staff very helpful...

Date of visit: April 2017
1  Thank libnijunior
Reviewed 5 December 2016

Beautiful restaurant with elegant indoor seating, as well as comfortable seating around a small pool outdoors. My son ordered the “Chèvre de Goma façon kinoise” (goat in tomato sauce). It was delicious but the dish was at least 50% bones. We also had makemba and fries, which were fine. The service was good and it’s a beautiful place, with art work all around. When the bill came however, they had taken menu prices in CDF but were asking for payment in US$, with no exchange rate. (The meal of CDF 36,000 was being charged at US $36). I pointed out that the current exchange rate is approx. 1.2, therefore they were over-charging by 20%. This was lost on the waiter, so he went back, and converted the $35 to CDF 42,000. This was still incorrect and he was then overcharging by 40%. So I had to speak with someone else to point out that 36,000 CDF (as per menu prices) is roughly US $30. He agreed, was kind and apologetic, accepted $30 payment and adjusted the bill so it was correct. So, the food is great here but read your bill carefully.

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed 22 November 2016 via mobile

Very friendly and nice people.
Had a wild animal steak it was good, and a South African wine. Good choice.

Date of visit: November 2016
Glory H, Responsable relations clients at Restaurant La Villa Tricana, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2016

Thank you a million...
you' re always welcome!!!