“Very Rude... Disappointed !!!”

Patisserie Nouvelle
Ranked #2 of 3 Bakeries in Kinshasa
Cuisines: Central European
Description: Home made passtries - bakery - ice cream
Description: Home made passtries - bakery - ice cream
Reviewed 12 July 2021 via mobile

I remember the place used to be nice, 10 years ago, not anymore! First of all, the quality of the food is nothing extra to be honest..you get what you expect in a pastry.

We went for a Sunday breakfast with a friend, we were served and about 10 minutes later a waiter came over and asked us to give up our table and move on to another that they would create while we were eating. I told him it was so rude - and insulting - to ask a customer who is eating to move to a new table so that they can accommodate somewhat privileged customers. He was not impressed with me being shocked, he insisted and another waiter came to ask us to move to another table as well.

I was so embarrassed and really pissed, ready to tell them that we ain't moving... but my friend begged me to calm down and move to the new table because apparently they are used to being just as rude as their special guests.

We stayed for a while and on leaving I asked to speak to the manager who seemed to be shocked, embarrassed and apologized but that was it ...

I think they just don't respect their customers, and they've lost 2 customers for good!

Date of visit: July 2021
1  Thank lroberts75
Write a reviewReviews (132)

Reviewed 20 June 2021

We waited for 1 hour. Unfriendly staff. The porc meat was purely fats. The pastries are good though.

Date of visit: June 2021
Reviewed 15 September 2019

is a very good place for a lunch
good sandwhich with nice bread and fresh product
possible to order also some steack or fish
staff is very friendly and price is good

Date of visit: September 2019
1  Thank Sunshine67133289048
Reviewed 3 September 2019 via mobile

I enjoy my solo lunch time there, the place is nice with a very friendly staff and the food is so tasty that it is one of my favorite place in town to have breakfast or lunch even with family or friends

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed 3 July 2019

Patisserie Nouvelle in Kinshasa offers tranquility and a relaxing environment away from the chaos of the city (which is fun in itself, but you can't do it forever!) Excellent pastries and coffee in a friendly, clean and well managed environment.

Date of visit: June 2019